UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #26

TBT!

I'm not sure why they keep on even making movie waves. They don't even come out until many months after the movie is in theaters and all the hype is gone.

That shouldn't be the case this time because it was stated elsewhere that DST moved the original Wave 26 up to Wave 27 and replaced it with the current Wave 26 so as to have these out around the time the movie comes out.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wat up wit da bone claws on wolvie

Wolverine was born with claws, but you don't seriously think that they were always made of metal did you? No, Wolverine was born with claws of bone and when Weapon X got to him, Wolverine's skeleton was coated with metal, including his bone claws.

Make sense?

wat up wit da bone claws on wolvie

Wolverine was born with claws, but you don't seriously think that they were always made of metal did you? No, Wolverine was born with claws of bone and when Weapon X got to him, Wolverine's skeleton was coated with metal, including his bone claws.

Make sense?

yes,thanks!

Anybody here seen these yet? Apparently they already made specs for a Silver Fox minimate. Damn, I wonder why they had to give us a mini Hugh Jackman army instead of releasing her too...

Nice find on those pictures. The control art does look good, better then I thought of the actual mates themselves.

Honestly, minimates weren't made to portray real life people, or in this case, realistic movie characters. It just doesn't look right to me. They look too bland.

Honestly, minimates weren't made to portray real life people, or in this case, realistic movie characters. It just doesn't look right to me. They look too bland.

I know what you mean, but seeing these now has me wishing they would've at the very least made Silver Fox the variant rather than another Sabretooth (This isn't just a realistic movie-depiction issue... Honestly, we still need more female minimates period.)

Interesting insights gained from these pics:

-The control art is dated August 2008. I cannot appreciate enough DST's initiative to release a movie wave on time for once.

-The gallery contains control art for 10 different minimates. A full wave consists of seven. Clues behind how DST settles on final selections for a full wave?

-Oh, and no mask for movie Deadpool. Although the control art does say his knife will be a reuse of wave 25 Bucky Cap's knife...

Edited by NorthRaider

Maybe the Silver Fox will be issued in some kind of exclusive two-pack like the Stealth Movie Iron Man?

I agree that it's too bad IF they don't release one of her. I think we need more female minimates as well and the inclusion of her changes this series from "I might buy them when they go on sale if the economy hasn't tanked" to "I'd buy the Silver Fox set immediately and maybe one other if the economy hasn't tanked".

Anybody here seen these yet? Apparently they already made specs for a Silver Fox minimate. Damn, I wonder why they had to give us a mini Hugh Jackman army instead of releasing her too...

H3LL YES!

That Silver Fox hair would make for a PERFECT Betsy Braddock custom!

(old school white-chick Betsy)

Anyone else really want to see that "parts-removed" Blob hit production?? Personally, i kinda like him better than big-Blob, and removing his fat to see that would be kinda cool. If it does, do you think the fat-sculpted face is actually a SLIPCOVER?!

EDIT: Just realized: It says that Blob will have a slipcover face and chest. COOL!! :D

And i too would have wanted Silver Fox, mainly for the hair ;), but i think you're wrong, Mystery Man. While i DO see 10 mates there, one is the Blob we will get, three are the Wolvies we'll get, and then we have the two Saberteeth, and Deadpool. The rest are other versions (parts-removed) except for two. I agree that Fox will probably be an exclusive, BUT i thin kshe'll be pared with that Tank-top Logan. Which sucks. A lot. Seriously, DST; FOUR Wolvies in ONE wave (+possible exclusive)?!

Slipcover face for Fat Blob is neat.

I just wish we got a fat-hand without the slush.

What, you DON'T box with a slurpee?? :P

Seriously, i just realized. Blob is technically a spoiler, no?? I mean, all we knew was that he can get fat and beat up Logan in a ring, we didn't know he was in the army!! That Uniform and rifle definetly give that hint away, which is a shame. Now iwant to know why he becomes Brotherhood, how he too hasn't aged much, and how he can become a fat gilatinous blob after being that thin. They had Subways back then, i suppose?? ;)

EDIT: Yay!! ALL Wolvies are now accessorised with normal hands!! it's a took-three-whole-years-to-do miracle!!

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I wonder what creative liberties they (20th Century Fox) will be taking with the Blob. According to the minimate description and controll art pic, he is skinny at some point. I thought Blob was always fat. Wonder if he's gonna size shift or something.

Thanks for finding those pics NorthRaider.

P.S: I want a comic book version of the Blob as well.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Anyone else really want to see that "parts-removed" Blob hit production?? Personally, i kinda like him better than big-Blob, and removing his fat to see that would be kinda cool. If it does, do you think the fat-sculpted face is actually a SLIPCOVER?!

EDIT: Just realized: It says that Blob will have a slipcover face and chest. COOL!! :D

And i too would have wanted Silver Fox, mainly for the hair ;), but i think you're wrong, Mystery Man. While i DO see 10 mates there, one is the Blob we will get, three are the Wolvies we'll get, and then we have the two Saberteeth, and Deadpool. The rest are other versions (parts-removed) except for two. I agree that Fox will probably be an exclusive, BUT i thin kshe'll be pared with that Tank-top Logan. Which sucks. A lot. Seriously, DST; FOUR Wolvies in ONE wave (+possible exclusive)?!

uhm....isnt it his movie? I mean how many Iron man/Tony stark minis did we get out of his movie and really his popularity compared to Wolvys doesnt compare....I hope we do get an exclusive with the additional characters and if more are wolverine well like I said, its his flick

uhm....isnt it his movie? I mean how many Iron man/Tony stark minis did we get out of his movie and really his popularity compared to Wolvys doesnt compare....I hope we do get an exclusive with the additional characters and if more are wolverine well like I said, its his flick

True enough, but keep in mind: half of these Logans are in Canadian Civvies. They don't jump out at you as much as Iron Man armors, which makes them kinda stupid to want to make so many. I get that it's his movie and all ,but you can have too many. I will admit that they look great and that i'm looking forward to all of them (mainly for customs ;)) but it just ruffles my feathers since we have LOTS of Wolvies coming out recently/soon, and these aren't the most exciting ones out/coming out. That's all.

I agree that Fox will probably be an exclusive, BUT i thin kshe'll be pared with that Tank-top Logan. Which sucks. A lot. Seriously, DST; FOUR Wolvies in ONE wave (+possible exclusive)?!

Jeff of the Miniacs

True enough, but keep in mind: half of these Logans are in Canadian Civvies. They don't jump out at you as much as Iron Man armors, which makes them kinda stupid to want to make so many. I get that it's his movie and all ,but you can have too many. I will admit that they look great and that i'm looking forward to all of them (mainly for customs ;)) but it just ruffles my feathers since we have LOTS of Wolvies coming out recently/soon, and these aren't the most exciting ones out/coming out. That's all.

lol as a canadian I welcome the civies as an excuse to be able to properly customize myself and fellow canucks :P no worries man I am not pissy just looking at my horde of Iron Man minis that came out last year thanks to the movie sets and comic tie ins and imagining similar...I mean look at all the spidey love when spidey 3 was coming...more wall crawlers then you could swat with the newspaper lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

More Wave 26 News from Cool Toy Review:

Diamond Select Toys has updated their Art Asylum page with a cool gallery of figure designs for their upcoming Minimates sets based on the characters of the X-Men Origins: Wolverine feature film. Head on over to their site to have a look here: http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/wolverine...minimate-plans/

Interesting.

I wonder if they's make Silver Fox?

I wonder what creative liberties they (20th Century Fox) will be taking with the Blob. According to the minimate description and controll art pic, he is skinny at some point. I thought Blob was always fat. Wonder if he's gonna size shift or something.

Well - perhaps the concept art shows Blob before he mutates?

Blobs mutant power to create and ground his own gravitational field maight have something to do with contributing to his mass.

*SPOILER ALERT*

As we saw in the post House Of M series, M Day - once Blob had lost his mutation, he also lost his additional body mass. He was just a man with a whole lot of skin left over.

Perhaps no powers = no fat?

Also - the actor they have cast as Blob is a good looking guy with a pretty amazing body. I'm not sure that he would have been hired if they weren't intending to make use of him in parts with-out a fat-suit on.

Perhaps they'll treat him like X3 did with the Phat cameo & have him bloat out and shrink back at will? ? ?

Kevin Durand (Fred J DUkes/Blob):

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1925879552/nm0243806

Well - perhaps the concept art shows Blob before he mutates?

Blobs mutant power to create and ground his own gravitational field maight have something to do with contributing to his mass.

*SPOILER ALERT*

As we saw in the post House Of M series, M Day - once Blob had lost his mutation, he also lost his additional body mass. He was just a man with a whole lot of skin left over.

Perhaps no powers = no fat?

We kinda stated this already. The minimate is technically a two-in-one; the fatty head and body/crotch are all sleeves that go oever the new, concept-art Blob. Pretty cool, actually, mainly because i hate sculpted heads on minis.

As for Fox, some of us, including myself, think that she an tank-top Wolvie are gonna be a two-pack exclusive. TRU, perhaps?? ;)

I think the reason that getting so many Wolverine minimates is worse than getting so many Iron Man minimates is that there are so many characters in the Wolverine movie that would be great to own. In Iron Man we got Tony in his armors, Rhodes, Iron Monger, Pepper, and that terrorist. That pretty much covers the important characters in the movie.

In Wolverine: Origins, we could get characters like Gambit and Silver Fox in the regular wave. Plenty of potential characters left to make.