UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kung Faux Breakboy adventure

So around Christmas time I was doing some searching on the Bay and accidentally typed in Kung Faux Minimate into my browser window and it brought up the Kung Faux website. Out of curiosity I clicked on it and noticed that they are listing the Kung Faux Breakboy Minimate in stock, where before it was listed as sold out. So, on a crazy whim I said "what the hell," and ordered one and paid through Paypal. Waited.......waited.......around the 2nd of this month I emailed them since I had not yet received a receipt stating that it had shipped or anything. Waited a few days later and emailed them again...nothing. Lo and behold my amazement when I received a padded envelope with my address handwritten and 8 stamps pasted on the front containing not just one but TWO Kung Faux Minimates enclosed. No order receipt or packing slip enclosed, just some weird postcard looking things advertising their videos. So if you are feeling lucky and have 9.99 plus shipping (mine was 13 something total) to risk I would try them. Just be forewarned that their "customer service" sucks royally and never responded to any of my emails. And you may not get as lucky as I did and get two. So take that as you will my friends, and good luck.........

You are lucky, because I orderd 2 of these about a year ago, as they said they were in stock then too, and after a few weeks of nothing, I too tried to contact them many, many times. After no responses, and black holes of voicemails, I filed a dispute with PayPal and got my money back. So consider me green with envy... I have wanted one of those little bastards since I first heard of it, but the prices on ebay are not too nice.

BS

Fo, Do you recall the postage stamp, indicating when the item shipped? I'm trying to figure out if they waited to send it to you until after you harassed them about it or not.

Interesting point, I didn't even think to look at that! I can only make out part of 2008 on one of the stamps, the rest is too blurred....

• 1 month later...

And look what came via Fed Ex today, a holiday when usps doesn't even deliver, of all days!! Almost exactly a month after I placed the order. No shipment notification, but I think I got an order confirmation right after I placed the order. I hadn't given up on them, I was just thinking the other day if they were ever going to arrive. Might be worth grabbing a few if you can. I paid with Paypal. One of the leg pegs comes out easily, but that's the one I opened anyway. He's great.

P1010012-1.jpg

• 1 year later...

I decided to place an order and see what happened....well what happened was exactly what was supposed to happen :)

placed my order through the kung faux website on July 30th, 2010 at 11:44 am. I received order confirmation email immediatly after placing the order.

I received a shipping confirmation at 5:30 pm the same day with a tracking number.

I received my order today (3 days later) on Aug 2nd, 2010,

Everything came wrapped in a FedEx bag and then placed in a priority envelope. Also 4 postcard things were included.

all is well. :)

edit: got an email this morning from tommyboy entitled: "BooYah ! - Your Kung Faux : Break Boy - Action Figgaz have been DELIVERED."

LOL....they have a sense of humor. nice.

69f61cd7.jpg

1811e31f.jpg

Edited by Ninja Mate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I know this thread is old but I just found it so :P Anyway, the Kung Faux site still has the mates listed for sale. I wanted to be like the big kids and ordered one. The price is still $9.99 plus the shipping. But I hoping for TWO!

Again, I know this is old news but I wanted to help the ppl that still need one. I got my Kung Faux Break Boy in today. It only took 6 days. $9.99 Score!

Edited by jason4444

Again, I know this is old news but I wanted to help the ppl that still need one. I got my Kung Faux Break Boy in today. It only took 6 days. $9.99 Score!

I, for one, appreciate it. I had somehow missed this thread when it was first circulating, and I had also managed to forget about this particular mate while I was tracking down everything that had been released before I started collecting... so thank you for the assistance. I too was able to nab this sucker within a week for $10 :thumbsup: