UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is still looking for Gambit/Sinister and Thanos/Warlock let me know. I picked up both in case anyone here still needs them

This is a really weird year. Do you all realize that we saw the first pics of Wave 18, over 9 months ago and we still haven't seen any pre-orders? Pre-orders used to be available several months in advance. Professor X is from WAVE 21! That's actually 4 waves down the road. Geez...where are these dang figures? LOL

Edited by Chazwinski

Good question. And Star Wars figures seem to have been slow going recently also (although not nearly as bad). For what's been out for Avengers, it's not like pegs are clogged with Marvel product. And with the likely hit Hasbro will be taking from the delay of the Joe movie, I don't see it being a record year for them. I just wish there was some info coming out of them as to why there's been such a delay for everything.

I wonder if MU is suffering from the glut of Iron Man, Thor, and Cap toys. Iron Man in particular is so plentiful you'd think his movie was out this summer. At most of the stores I've been in, it looks to me like they're trying to take advantage of Avengers to clear out old merch rather then move the new stuff.

I don't know if this is the strategy everywhere, or if it's just that i'm in australia where the distribution lags behind even the 3rd world, but my local TRU previously had all the old Cap, Thor & IM2 toys discounted now has them filling up the Marvel isle at full price. It seems they're restocking all the unsold figures frmo movies past rather than putting out a heap of new figures :confused:

Man, Hasbro has lost it. I think they're just starting to realize Transformers was as strong as it was because of the core product, not because they are gods who turn everything they touch to gold.

Anyways, I'm putting this hear. I found the new ASM toys at Walmart last night, and picked up the super articulated Spiderman. He's pretty cool. My only complains would me that his hips only bend one way at a time, and his ankles don't bend up. Aside from that, a really great figure.

Get the Avengers Black Widow if you can. A brilliantly stunning figure, but she's only one per case. I just happened to walk into a TRU on Wednesday evening and they were stocking freight. Lucky me. :)

Anyways, the likeness isn't bad, it's a great female sculpt, and the articulation is utterly top notch. The only thing I can think of that would make it better would be the new hinged wrists. But I'm not complaining.

No way in Hell i'll see her or Hawkeye any time soon. My TRU has been shockingly vacant of the 3 3/4" figures and Target and Walmart can't sell the old stock. Even if they get a case, she'll be the first gone anyway.

I get that "girl figures don't sell," but she's a crucial member of the team and has appeared in two films. There was no reason to shortpack her.

Just walked into a freshly stocked Walmart and walked out with a Black Widow, an extra Hawkeye and Lizard figure. It was worth being late back to work for. Yesterday's lunch yeilded on of the MU Widows with the light-up base. It's been an unusually good week for me.

On a related note, I saw that BBTS finally put the preorder up for the next wave yesterday (Hulk, Spidey. Beta Ray Bill, Kraven and Beast). It's about time. My guess is with Joe stuff stopping that hasbro will have to focus on their other lines heavily.