UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

[Insert Something Intelligent Here]

Hi there!

I'm not a man of wealth, maybe taste. Anyway.

I'm completely new to both, this site and the minimates!

I knew about them for a long time right now, but never bought at least one of them. I guess, the times they are a-changin'.

I stopped at this place sveral times, like the site very much and just decided to register.

Guess, that's all.

Oh, I'm from Germany, if someone's interested.

:D

Edited by Bob Harris

Guten Tag! (I think I spelled that right) I used to live in Kitzingen and Darmstadt when I was little. Unfortunately that's all the German I remember. Asides from Auf Weidersen thanks to Heidi Klum.

Edited by Fo Shizzle

That's good to hear. What part of Germany do you live in? I lived in Bamberg for a little over 2 years. I missed the World Cup by a couple of months " damn uncle sam". Anyway my Deutsch is all but gone there's no one around me that speaks it. Yet when someone asks me a question the first thing out of my mouth is was.

That's good to hear. What part of Germany do you live in? I lived in Bamberg for a little over 2 years. I missed the World Cup by a couple of months " damn uncle sam". Anyway my Deutsch is all but gone there's no one around me that speaks it. Yet when someone asks me a question the first thing out of my mouth is was.

I used to live Kitzingen close to Wurzburg. My dad was in the Army so we lived there for about 7 years.

I used to live Kitzingen close to Wurzburg. My dad was in the Army so we lived there for about 7 years.

That's why i was there my home unit was based in Kitingen so i had friends there too. Wurzburg is nice to i spent many a euro in that town those were the days. :biggrin:

Guten Tag und wilkommen zu der/die/das Multiverse!

(I don't know what gender the Multiverse is)

Guten Tag und wilkommen zu der/die/das Multiverse!

(I don't know what gender the Multiverse is)

The Multiverse is an hermaphrodite but it has started to 'turn'.

Welcome to the boards.

'insert something intelligent here' is what all the girls are hoping for :P

Considers a " Clever Dick!? " comment here but wisely thinks against it...

Hey Bob, how you settling in?

T.

P.s. I'm still pondering which Bob Harris we're talking about and all this talk of the Fatherland is an Enigma to me.

Welcome! And here's the sum total of my knowledge of German:

Schloss! Gluhwein! Reeperbahn! Vo ist sie hauptbahnhof? Knight Rider!

Hi and thanks for all the welcomes!

It's laways interesting how many people do speak some strange german phrases. I once stayed in Seatlle for some weeks and met a guy who was able to say "Geben Sie mir bitte ein Bier". (Hand me a beer.) And he also was proud to say "Geben Sie mir bitte zwei Bier". In fact, in this way, he was able to count till 10!

:lol:

I'm from Kassel, right in the center of Germany, somewhat in the north of Bamberg as well as Würzburg.

@Dan, you speak - actually write - perfectly German! Ich weiß auch nicht welches gender Multiverse hat.

@JadOnTV, I laughed my head off, when I read your phrases, including Knight Rider!!! Yay!

@TBT!, well, just some Bob Harris. In fact, I don't get the whispering thing you mentioned ... And, let's not talk about fatherlands...

Schoen! I've forgotten how to do umlauts with a computer so this will have to do. :blush:

I second Aapje's very pertinent question! I'm going abroad next year and am anxiously contemplating a year without from minimates...

@TBT: Bill Murry does it. You know, lost in translation. Here. As a german. Something like that.

Now I get the whispering thing, thanks to buttheadsmate. I like your subversive suggestions, TBT. That's cool. I knew that there is a radio DJ with the name, but never heared about his show named Whispering.

@koi-girl and Aapje: I guess, the lack of minimate shops here, is the reason for my abstinence. Till now. I just ordered a box of the Invaders via eBay. (I hope it was a good idea, to buy via eBay?!? Problem here is, that shipping form regular us shops is really really really expensive... And orders with 20$ plus means paying customs duties :( ) But for sure, the bigger cities, like Berlin, Hamburg or Frankfurt does have well equipped comic stores. Here in Kassel, there is only a small - but passionated - shop, and the guy only has a few Minimates. Where are you going?

Edited by Bob Harris

@TBT: Bill Murry does it. You know, lost in translation. Here. As a german. Something like that.

Now I get the whispering thing, thanks to buttheadsmate. I like your subversive suggestions, TBT. That's cool. I knew that there is a radio DJ with the name, but never heared about his show named Whispering.

@koi-girl and Aapje: I guess, the lack of minimate shops here, is the reason for my abstinence. Till now. I just ordered a box of the Invaders via eBay. (I hope it was a good idea, to buy via eBay?!? Problem here is, that shipping form regular us shops is really really really expensive... And orders with 20$ plus means paying customs duties :( ) But for sure, the bigger cities, like Berlin, Hamburg or Frankfurt does have well equipped comic stores. Here in Kassel, there is only a small - but passionated - shop, and the guy only has a few Minimates. Where are you going?

cewl, here in holland there are not many shops, only two that i know of that sells them.

congrads on the EK btw :thumbsup: