UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr Who toys

Anyone buying the new Dr Who toys by Character Options?

I guess this is aimed more at our UK posters.

I have a Cyberman and today picked up the Dalek Battle set which I think is a TRU exclusive - 2 R/C Daleks (one black, one brown) and a Doctor Figure. The Daleks have I/R battles and can hit each other.

I think - of course, I didn't buy any batteries!!!!

Here are the 2 Daleks:

Daleks.jpg

I got a Cyberman for my daughter (honestly!) I cant afford to collect them or else I would be all over these, they really are superb.

Although personally I prefer the die-cast Corgi stuff, you cant beat having an army of Daleks that are inscale with Minimates

Oh yes, I have a Corgi Dalek who was chasing Wolverine around but could not stop the Juggernaut ;)

And he's on wheels, so he rolls great.

But I think the 5" stuff is where the real money is.

When the 5" scale came out in my local TRU the Rose and k-9 figures were flying off of the shelves and straight on to ebay.

Sainsburys have the Remote control K-9 for £16.99 (it also comes with the Doctor)

I picked up a single packed remote control dalek a few weeks back. Good fun but a shame the 'ear's don't light up. If I didn't have a million other things to pay out on I'd be all over these too! :D

i have the corgi dr who latest collection, the darleks are cool. last nights episode was great but so sad that thats it for a few months. my son loved it and got a cyberman earlyer today.

i do like the pirates of the carabian figures, they are so detailed but i cant afford to start collecting them. maybee when woolworths offer 2 for 1 :)

i seem to be star wars mad at the mo!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't be so sure about that Alien Dog.

These figures go for £6.99 or thereabouts in the UK. Convert that into US dollars Add about another £5.00 to ship to the states and see if it's still too expensive.

Failing that, Diamond are bound to start soliciting the figures to US comic stores at some point. You may be able to pick them up that way.

Is it just me, or are they seriously going overboard on the whole Doctor Who merchandising? I mean Tardis Phone ringers? Whats up with that...

*SIDENOTE* Tardis phone ringer works with mobiles, basically it starts flashing and giving off noises if your rung on your mobile

I mean I was in Forbiddon Planet yesterday, and it was very bad... I mean yeah celebrate the fact we have Dr. Who, but over kill on the Merchandise.

cheers,

Totalus

Don't be so sure about that Alien Dog.

These figures go for £6.99 or thereabouts in the UK. Convert that into US dollars Add about another £5.00 to ship to the states and see if it's still too expensive.

Failing that, Diamond are bound to start soliciting the figures to US comic stores at some point. You may be able to pick them up that way.

If I did the conversion right online, pounds to dollars, it came out to about 22/23 american a figure! Yikes.

Really? Must admit I didn't check myself but I didn't think it'd be that high.

You could always set up a trading list in the want/have section. There's a lot of good stuff that never makes it to the UK. You're bound to find people who'll trade figure for figure.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i got the Grey Krillitane and wolf figures today, why is there a grey and a brown one ? can anyone explane for me please....as i have not seen that episode yet.

Good review Danny, interesting too. I didn't know the RC Daleks head and eyestalks were supposed to move. I bought one of the single packed ones and it has no movement (apart from the RC obviously).

It is defective...

It will be deleted!

Thanks guys.

One of the benefits of running your own website is that you can do your own reviews, but it's sometimes nice to review other things and also know that they are actually good enough to put on someone else's website.

• 5 years later...

Thought I would take this thread on a trip via the TARDIS!

These toys are still freaking expensive in the states. I was hoping to pick up a couple of the doctors for my boys for X-mas... but 20 bucks a figure is a bit steep. Anybody know if they ever plan of properly releasing these in the US market? Or do we in the states just have to forever pay import fees? I mean, with this series being on Netflix it seems lots of people know it and watch it. I would think that a proper release to US TRU would be lucrative.

But I guess it's comeuppance that WE finally have to pay import fees on something! biggrin.gif ...even though they are all just made in China anyway...whistling.gif

• 2 months later...