UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr Who toys

Thought I would take this thread on a trip via the TARDIS!

These toys are still freaking expensive in the states. I was hoping to pick up a couple of the doctors for my boys for X-mas... but 20 bucks a figure is a bit steep. Anybody know if they ever plan of properly releasing these in the US market? Or do we in the states just have to forever pay import fees? I mean, with this series being on Netflix it seems lots of people know it and watch it. I would think that a proper release to US TRU would be lucrative.

But I guess it's comeuppance that WE finally have to pay import fees on something! biggrin.gif ...even though they are all just made in China anyway...whistling.gif

My heart breaks a little every time someone from the states complains about the price of toys. If only you all knew, if only.

• 2 weeks later...

I know, I know. laugh.gif

Ebay UK has been my friend. It seems a lot of yall over the pond sell these things on e-bay and don't seem to mind international shipping! Just got the electronic TARDIS for about 20 bucks shipped! Sweet deal.

I picked up a few of the 12" Character Options aliens, with the intention of repainting them, and possibly giving them better clothing, in order to blend in with the upcoming 12" Doctor Who stuff from Big Chief. They really are nice figures for the price. After a few touch ups they will look even better. :)