UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who watches the Watchmen?

karamazov80

If nothing else, we are now getting Watchmen toys, which for whatever reason, we never got previous to this. DC Direct, Kubricks, and people on the Sideshow forums seem to strongly believe that Hot Toys figures are coming.

...we're also getting Bearbricks... :sick:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, with only a few weeks to go before the Watchmen premiere, I'm going to try to resist watching any preview/behind-the-scenes videos (bar the first two official trailers) so that I'll get surprised once I actually enter the theater. Of course I'm now a little concerned about the "bad" buzz I'm now hearing from other people about stuff like Ozymandias' casting and the rewriting of several crucial scenes, but as of today I'm going to reserve all judgment for after I watch the movie.

Like Jad said, if this movie reeks then at least we'll have the comic to fall back on. My only worry from here on end will be the potential headache we'll face convincing first-timers to read the comic even AFTER seeing Snyder's version. Suddenly, I sympathize greatly with all those 300 and V For Vendetta purists. :(

You know what?I'm joining you, what youre doing is smart...i did this star wars episode three came out and i was so dissapointed because all the surprises were gone...i had read the spoilers because i was so giddy i was 10ish when this happened 4 years later im making a wise choice...oh btw hot potato with people that are really hungry is called my potato...

Well, with only a few weeks to go before the Watchmen premiere, I'm going to try to resist watching any preview/behind-the-scenes videos (bar the first two official trailers) so that I'll get surprised once I actually enter the theater. Of course I'm now a little concerned about the "bad" buzz I'm now hearing from other people about stuff like Ozymandias' casting and the rewriting of several crucial scenes, but as of today I'm going to reserve all judgment for after I watch the movie.

Like Jad said, if this movie reeks then at least we'll have the comic to fall back on. My only worry from here on end will be the potential headache we'll face convincing first-timers to read the comic even AFTER seeing Snyder's version. Suddenly, I sympathize greatly with all those 300 and V For Vendetta purists. :(

You know what?I'm joining you, what youre doing is smart...i did this star wars episode three came out and i was so dissapointed because all the surprises were gone...i had read the spoilers because i was so giddy i was 10ish when this happened 4 years later im making a wise choice...oh btw hot potato with people that are really hungry is called my potato...

Oh how I tried to resist watching any trailers, but after reading that review on IGN I couldn't help myself! They have the video preview thingy conviniently placed in the middle of the article...This movie does look amazing and i am totally pumped because I get to view this movie on March 2nd rather than the 6th(although i will probably seeit on the 6th if it is as good as i imagine it to be)

Well, I re-read it a 2nd time. Slowly, as some of you suggested. I still maintain it is an illusion.

Am I still banned from hanging out with the kool kids? :P

Of course not Dino, it's real easy!

All you need is a giant schwack of black bars!

Chimichanga chimichanga chimichanga chimichanga chimichanga chimichanga chimichanga chimichanga chimichanga.

(We need a Deadpool thread.)

:P

Nite Owl coffee.

Not only is it Watchmen-flavored caffeine, but it's being sold on Amazon. Somehow, I don't remember Foldgers ever being available there. <_<

So who'll be the first to give this stuff a taste-test? :blink:

Also, from the IGN review: :lol:

Rendered entirely in CG, this is the perfectly proportioned blue wonder brought to life with striking realism. A few small liberties are taken –

he has a bigger penis

, for one, and a slightly translucent cast to his skin – but the dignity and other-worldly presence is there.

EDIT: Now, wait a second--whose head was "cleaved" in the novel? :huh:

Fights are graphic, often far more impactful and grotesque than originally rendered on page. Bones snap through skin, a man's head is repeatedly cleaved with sickening viscerality – and yet, it is handled delicately, not indiscriminately.
Edited by Alpheon

If you head over to Aintitcool, there are a number of reviews up by their big hitters (they typically say "SPOILER" if major spoilers are included). Harry Knowles seems to love it, if that means anything to anyone.

It's an 18 in England... aw, man!

I was expecting a 15 which I could probably get in to, but an 18?

That sucks. Now I have to wait for the DVD...

special on the masked adventurers.

I like the early 80ies MTV style, but the feature itself doesn't really fit into the whole concept, does it?

This is kind of lame, in my opinion. It doesn't feel "real" like the news documentary piece did.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(The bad news on our end is two-fold... not only is Watchmen NOT going to be shown on IMAX here, but it'll be months before we Filipinos actually* get to watch the bonafide, non-bowdlerized cut of the film. Darned conservative society :()

*by "actually" I mean "officially" <_<

Edited by NorthRaider