UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who watches the Watchmen?

karamazov80

Yes. :woot:

I forget: Is "Black Freighter" going to be incorporated into the storyline for the Director's Cut or is that going to be a different release? Just curious so I won't get disoriented by sudden animated segues and stuff.

Stuff I'm particularly looking forward to:

the scenes set at the newsstand, and (God , this must sound awful) Hollis Mason getting mobbed by the knotheads

. And of course getting another look at those spectacular opening credits.

Not in this one. That's releasing in December. And FYI: The newsstand is going to be in the Black Freighter cut when it comes out. There is more newsstand but not what you're looking for I wager.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks :) Still good to know, am really looking forward to the "extended cut" though hopefully I can still hold out for a while longer to see Black Freighter too.

I really want to see the Freighter one myself also; to me THAT is the way it's supposed to be seen, and the only way i'm watching it (besides theaters).

Also, Zach (the Director) released the Hollis Mason Death scene online, and it is fantastic. If you can't wait, i'd definitely check it out; it's one of those scenes that shouldn't have been cut.

I'm really excited to see it again! Oddly enough, the trailers still have me pumped for the DvD release as they did for the theatrical.

I'm certainly look forward to sitting down and watching this again properly... but i v.much doubt i'll be buying watchmen until the hyper-mega-soopa-doopa-extended god mode edition comes out later this year.

Well I gotta say the Director's Cut was utterly superior. That, of course, is in no small part due to the Hollis Mason scene. I have to agree, it was beautiful. One of the best in the movie. And I finally saw Under the Hood and I'll watch Black Freighter later, but I LOVED Under the Hood. It was quite good, felt like a real documentary.

Gotta give this an A. It's a better movie now. And finally getting the TOTBF/UTH DVD made the experience that much better.

Well I gotta say the Director's Cut was utterly superior. That, of course, is in no small part due to the Hollis Mason scene. I have to agree, it was beautiful. One of the best in the movie. And I finally saw Under the Hood and I'll watch Black Freighter later, but I LOVED Under the Hood. It was quite good, felt like a real documentary.

Gotta give this an A. It's a better movie now. And finally getting the TOTBF/UTH DVD made the experience that much better.

Agreed! My girlfriend and I watched both together the other day for the full experience. It's absolutely stunning.

The new bits really add in a lot more. Hollis' scene was amazing!

yeah I picked up the watchmen bluray, and I gotta say... it was amazing. I thought it was pretty good in theaters, but I felt like it was missing something and uh, the added material from the director's cut is what it was missing. I actually *gulp* prefer the movie over the comic. :ermm: I just feel like it's paced better, and... yeah. I did like how they showed a bit more of the newsstand guy and the kid, at least just enough so you don't wonder "why did they focus on a newsstand guy and a kid hugging when

the bomb went off

?" I also really(!!!) appreciated how when

rorschach died,

someone (night owl)

actually gave a shit.

and even hollis' unfortunately sad scene was great! the movie pretty much solved a lot of my disappointments I ended up having with the movie.

anyways, as i'm a completist whore when it comes to collector's edition blurays/dvds (like the blade runner ultimate edition I bought for $90, after already having shelled out $35 for the dvd a few months before), I have to pick up the 5 disc watchmen when it hits in december. it's gonna have the motion comics too, which should be interesting.

Edited by killcharlesdead