UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My prayers answered...

Cloneme

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT! :woot: A Scarlet Spider? Any info as to when we will get to own him? As long as Cloneme has already asked to see him :thumbsup: No matter what I cannot wait!

YES!!!!!!!!!

I've waited so long for this glorious day. I'm going to buy a bunch of Wave 2 Spidey figs to match them up with the Scarlet Spiders. :lol:

This announcement just made my night.

My prayers have been answered, someone at DST/AA loves me. In Chicago the Scarlet Spider Minimate is on display(just received an insider phone call). I need a pic ASAP!

Thank you DST/AA, I love your show!

-CloneMe

Howdy folks,

I just got back from Wizard World Chicago, Day 1, and they had 2 new minimates on display that as far as I know have not yet been shown, announced, or even seen anywhere...

Scarlet Spider and Hobgoblin!

PS. They also had on display all the same new ones from San Diego, and they were selling leftovers of the Zombie Daredevil & Giant-Man packs, as well as Movie Spidey Black/Red Packs. Not only did I score those, but I also got a Colossus and DOFP Wolverine from diamond! Woo hoo! My last missing Marvel Minimates! My set is once again complete until they release more new ones! (Marvel Anyway... damn Flash and Manhunter...)

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

PS. I have no idea how to make thumbnails for those... so suck it up and click'em...

lol, I was just about to post boy does new travel fast. It's awesome that they unveiled them finally at WWC. I forgot my camera, sorry for the useless/crappy pics, will take better ones tomorrow if someone hasn't already. They are supposed to be available as an exclusive released around Dec/Jan at some Transworld stores (Suncoast/FYE) . Hopefully with a better pic, you'll see how cool hobby's facial expression is. Plus there's chain mail on his arms/legs. I love this 2 pack!

Damn I'm still pissed I didn't have my camera with me. :(

post-53-1186710718_thumb.jpg

post-53-1186710729_thumb.jpg

Takes bets on how long it is til someone brings a downer to the party and starts to bitch about there not being a glider for the goblin...

T.

Actually about that...

The movie Harry Goblin they had on display had his... the surfboard glider thing... I dunno if the other pictures have shown him with it, but it was there.

It struck me as odd, that he would have his, but that the regular Goblins wouldn't... in any case, I guess you could use the board for all three, if you're someone who's not too picky...

B)-->

QUOTE(Donny B @ Aug 9 2007, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
to be completely honest, Cloneme - I like your version much much more. This one seems a bit too... cartoony, I guess.

But the Hobgoblin is pretty sweet! :D

Couldn't agree with you more Donnyb, Cloneme's Scarlet Spider 2.0 is awesome. You just have to see this guy up close. There has been few customs out there that have been much better than the production versions, goes to show how good customizers here are.

Still it's great to finally have these from DST. It gives us fans more indication that DST has stepped up and have given us more characters we've wanted for a long time. They are not bad looking at all if you ask me. :D

Of everything minimate related I've gotten psyched about in recent weeks, this two pack is the most exciting to me. The most famous Spidey outfit yet to be made and one of his greatest and most underrated villains!!

All we need now is Electro, Kraven and the Vulture a the Siniter Six will be complete. Thank you DST for giving us more new Spider-Man villains!!

Wow. Really wasn't expecting anything new announced this soon after San Diego. And certainly didn't expect these two characters.

Boy, as Spider-Man characters, they sure would work well in a Spider-Man wave with the unreleased Target Spider-Man figure, wouldn't they?

EDIT: Yes they would, but I just read JL's post about being a Suncoast exclusive.

Also just noticed - Hobgoblin doesn't come with the pointy boots that Green Goblin has. Or the Green Goblin's bag of tricks - both of which were part of the Hobgoblin costume. The parts exist - why not give them to him?

And he doesn't come with a glider, either :)