UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's your favorite Marvel Wave?

Silver Jet

Mine would have to be Wave 8, and not just because I'm a big FF fan going way back before the movie (soon to be movies, heh). I just love the look and quality of these figures, from the Torch's perfectly recreated enflamed look (complete with blast-off base), to the regal and confident appearance of Mr. Fantastic, and of course the best part, I think, is the two Sue's, one that I think completely captures the demure 60's blonde bombshell look, and the other a fantastic (pun intended) portrayal of her main super-power. Plus she's transparant, and transparant figures are awesome! Add in two new versions of the Thing, plus an alternate Wolverine, and this set is clearly my favorite....

So, what's yours?

Well out of the waves that have been released (considering some of the future ones may force me to change my vote) I'd have to say Wave 10, the Spider-Man wave for a couple of reasons. It gave us a lot of new Spider-Man characters, some of whom were more obscure, which at the time led me to believe more mainstream ones were headed our way. That didn't exactly happen, but I'm still glad we got these guys, as big names sell themselves, but obscure ones don't always do as well. Plus, personally I liked that the chase was a whole other character. I know it's kind of a hassle to get but at the same time I usually don't get too excited for the chases unless it's something that really intrigues me, like Raft Sentry, and honestly, if they hadn't released her this way I doubt we would have ever gotten Spider-Woman II. They could make a U.S. Agent with just a new coat of paint, and we still haven't seen him although he's apparently been discussed as a retailer exclusive or something, but that's just talk until he's actually out there. So all in all I was pleased with this wave, although I reserve the right to revisit my answer when the future waves come out.

For it is close between x-3 wave the ff wave 8. While I really love the style of the x-men movies and I am a big fan of the ff and they were really well done, My final vote is for Spiderman Wave 2. has there really been such a cool wave with so many cool figures? spiderman, venom, carnage, green gobin, what more could you ask for in a wave? black suit spiderman prehapes, oh wait he was in it too!

I love the whole first 2 waves, although I haven't got any from wave 1 yet :( and I love wave 8 ff, put my favourite wave is Wave 3 Ult. X-Men as they are all in the same style of costume and I love Ult. X-Men comics. Still need Ult. Wolvie and Storm though.

Wave 6:

Iron Man, Gamma hulk and ghost Rider... All in one wave!!

Not to mention possibly the coolest Variant since black spidey... Stealth Iron Man.

The Avengers wave my make me change my mind though...

T.

Minw would be Wave 2 for 2 simple reasons: Black Spider-Man and Carnage!

For classic reasons I would have to say Series 2. It was the Spider-Man wave, and holding that little Spider-Man is when I knew my life as a collector would never be the same. Include Vemon, A Bad-A Carnage, and Black Suit Spider-Man and even by today's standards it's still the best. neo

I knew Wave 2 would feature for many, as I teetered on it for a bit while thinking about this. A perfect Spidey mate on the first go, plus the black chase. But I guess I'm just too big of an FF fan, and the Invisible Girl chase pushed me over the edge. :)

Still think Stealth Iron Man is pretty damn cool, though....

As future waves go, yeah, this is DEFINITELY the one I want the most. The 'Mates look amazing, and because I'm also a big Avengers fan, this might be the first wave in a long while that has the chance of stealing the top spot from the FF series, at least for me.

But I just can't get enough of that transparant Sue. :emmafrostdiamondform:

oooh a favourite wave is a hard one to pick cause i like most of em, its just to hard though im pretty keen to get the X3 wave as well as the Avengers.

A toss up between Series 5 and the Avengers series that comes out this year (hopefully).

The Series 5 showed that they could put enough different characters in a line that we hadn't had before and really made me hope for future waves of other super heroes.

The Avengers wave because it's the first time SINCE Series 5 that they've really made good on my hopes.

Yeah, it just won't be a full and proper Marvel Minimates collection for me until Thor and the Scarlet Witch are part of it. Of course, then I'll be needing a Vision, and you can't have a Vision without having a Chase Vision that's transparant.

Also, I want a Scarlet Spider.

Hmmm, okay, what was the topic again?

Although wave 5 is the best one yet, simply because among other good characters, there are 2 Dooms... Nuff said... however, I have not looked forward to a Marvel wave the way I am Wave 16... there is literally not 1 minimate from the Avengers wave that I do not want... not quite so with all the other waves, wherin there were always at least one or two figures I didn't really want... with the possible exception of Wave 8, of which I have many and would not be opposed to getting the ones I'm missing, but at eBay prices, I'm content with what I have for now.

Are Zombies a wave, though? Aren't they a box-set plus one two-pack? I suppose this is the difference between a Series and a Wave, right? Myself, though, I always considered the Giant X-Men box to kind of a wave, at least early on. It has six connected figures that came out all at once. No varient, sure, but then questing for the hard to find box (for myself at least) seemed sort of to make them all chase....

I agree. The 24 series will all be done in box-sets of four, with each box covering a season as the series progresses, and that's considered waves, so Zombies definitely counts as a wave. Can't wait to have it, too. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Wave 2, though Wave 10 is another favorite of mine.

Wave 2 has the greatest superhero ever to grace the Earth, plus some good villains.

You seem to be a spidey fan :P .