UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn!, all I want is an Alley Viper...

Surprisingly, that is a common feeling amongst collectors. To me, he looks hideous, and is the exact opposite of what an "urban commando" should look like, but. . .the shield is very cool. I'm most looking forward to Night Creeper, whom I loved as a youngster.

Edited by karamazov80

I found an "Arise, Serpentor, Arise" DVD battle pack at Wal Mart for $15 a few weeks ago. I was pretty excited at the price as well as the chance to get a Dusty figure. That feeling was somewhat soured yesterday when I read on the internet that a good percentage of the Dusty figures were packaged without the webgear harness. Of course I got one that did not have the piece. Apparently Hasbro is aware of this omission, but has no plans of doing anything about it. I guess I'll have to try and find one with the harness at retail to swap it out with... :wallbash:

Maybe I was just oblivious, but I don't remember getting this many defects/mispacks/poor paint apps/piece omissions when I was a kid. I guess QC has gone to hell in the last 25 years...

I also got a "harness-less" Dusty last year. I was actually bragging on DST's great customer service with this sort of thing on Hisstank, compared to Hasbro who just don't give a damn.

Actually, I find Hasbro resolves my problems quickly and efficiently. But I suppose it also has something to do with the fact that I call a direct number, and my file in their computers goes back to 1998.

You want bad CS, try calling ToyBiz. Those guys don't care at all!

Actually, I find Hasbro resolves my problems quickly and efficiently. But I suppose it also has something to do with the fact that I call a direct number, and my file in their computers goes back to 1998.

Hasbro just refused to do anything about the harness issue for anyone. It was a "running change," where early box sets didn't have them, and Hasbro won't send out replacements to those who got those earlier sets.

Yeah. I called them once or twice. Spiderwoman had frozen joints, and broke. I called them and their answer was "Do we even make that toy? Take it back to the store"

I needed a refund on my collectors club for Transformers, and couldn't get any answers. I called Hasbro and kept calling. After a few months, they sent me a refund, along with a special edition Cybertron Primus as an apology. I'm telling you, these guys are great.

DST, I've had a few problems. No Taskmaster Glove and no Punisher Baton for one. They couldn't do anything about Taskmaster because he was an exclusive, and they never got back to me on the baton even after a few emails. They have sent me replacements for broken figures though.

That's my experience with those three.

I saw a comic pack yesterday with Armored Cobra Commander and Gung Ho in it. The weird thing is, they were both the single-carded figures and not the alternative-colored comic pack figures. There were about 5 of the same set, but only one of them had the single card colors. Anybody know if these are rare?

Edited by handsomedevil

The Defense of Cobra Island set (Refer to pictures from Karamazov80 post on last page) is the best GI Joe thing to come along in a long time I can't wait to get that Alley Viper. . . .and well all of the figures in that set!

Now they just need a HEAT Viper and Flak Viper and I would be a very very happy Joe fan.

Edited by gambitron

I saw a comic pack yesterday with Armored Cobra Commander and Gung Ho in it. The weird thing is, they were both the single-carded figures and not the alternative-colored comic pack figures. There were about 5 of the same set, but only one of them had the single card colors. Anybody know if these are rare?

It is indeed as you say. GungHo and ACC in almost identical single card colors. It's just a straight repack. The odd thing is it's flying off the shelves, as ACC is not actually Cobra Commander, but an imposter. Think Megaplex vs Megatron. Even with no color changes though, him being a different color makes him highly sought after.

• 4 weeks later...

It's not looking good, TM2. I wish they had just made a straight up, special forces vs. terrorists movie. I'm not sure who's idea the accelerator suit was, but that person should be punished! I'll withold complete condemnation until I actually see it, but I haven't been very excited by any of the trailers...

...and I liked Transformers! :lol:

Well, when you turn A Real American Hero into a NATO special forces unit, and Cobra Commander into an American Terrorist (yes, he was American in the comics, but not terrorism FOR America as this is) you've just ruined all things Joe right there.

Still, a Decepticon cameo at the beginning would make me scream with nerdgasm.

Well, when you turn A Real American Hero into a NATO special forces unit, and Cobra Commander into an American Terrorist (yes, he was American in the comics, but not terrorism FOR America as this is) you've just ruined all things Joe right there.

Still, a Decepticon cameo at the beginning would make me scream with nerdgasm.

Wait... is that the movie's plot?

It's not looking good, TM2. I wish they had just made a straight up, special forces vs. terrorists movie. I'm not sure who's idea the accelerator suit was, but that person should be punished!

I saw a quote yesterday that the director cited Robocop and Iron Man as two of his favorite movies. Accelerator suit looks like Robocop and can, apparently, fly around dodging missiles like Iron Man. Possible coincidence.

Just to remind everyone, this man directed such cinematic masterpieces as the Mummy and Van Helsing.

Yeah, I'm giving a big thumbs down to the whole concept of "accelerator suits." The appeal of GI Joe is NOT that they are a batallion of Iron Men. Also, they're supposed to be colorful characters - both with regards to personality, and to their costumes. Dressing them all in black is just... wow... bone-headed doesn't even begin to cover it.

My best hope at this point is that the film does moderately well enough to warrant an improved sequel/reboot, like what happened with the Hulk movies.

I don't completely buy these rebuttals. Sounds like a bunch of spin by people who have a vested interest in the movie making money. Not that it matters much either way. This movie is going to stink something fierce.

I need 2 sets each of the Shout! DVD Transformers and GI Joe collector cases. There's some kind of super huge SDCC bonus. I'm still working out the details, but expect cash will be delivered ahead of time. I don't play the "I'll pay you back. plz spend your own hard earned cash for me" game. :) Any volunteers?

And just so this isn't an entirely useless post, Target has Joe figures on clearance. $4 for single card, $9 for comic packs, $10 for vehicles. So they're back down to what they were when they first came out, aside from the Vehicles. Maybe a certain member around here will lower his prices accordingly? Hmm? *bambi eyes*

Edited by TM2 Dinobot