UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Marvel Minimate Preorder Thread

Starting this month, I will be doing a small run of custom Minimates each month and selling them. The character selection is up to me, since it is based on availability of parts and how much time I have available. Plus I want to make characters that I am passionate about. I have 6 customs planned, and 5 of them are Marvel characters. I will make one custom first and put up preorders, and then I will finish the run and ship the orders. This is completely separate from the toy store - this is more of a personal project. I will update this thread when a new custom is up for preorder, and I will also post on the MMV Facebook page and my Instagram page. And with all of that said, the first custom is ready and up for preorder!

Molten Man (Modern)

moltenman1.jpg

moltenman2.jpg

moltenman3.jpg

The Spider-Man villain Molten Man is based on his modern appearances, and he includes a fire base and a mini-backdrop. I only have enough parts to make 18 of him. He is $20 and you can preorder him here: https://goo.gl/forms/NjhtwAnBXpoEjVIv2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great idea Luke! Let me know if you ever need any specific parts for a project, as I've got way too many and would be more than happy to send you some, if I have them. I will certainly be participating! And, you know, I hope you do take requests and suggestions at some point. :D

1 hour ago, hellpop said:

Great idea Luke! Let me know if you ever need any specific parts for a project, as I've got way too many and would be more than happy to send you some, if I have them. I will certainly be participating! And, you know, I hope you do take requests and suggestions at some point. :D

I will keep that in mind, thanks! For most of these I am trying to do runs of 20 at a time.

And Molten Man is sold out! I sent out invoices and I will be finishing this run over the next 2-3 weeks. I will put my next custom up for preorder the first week of December. I would start to drop hints, except that I am still sorting out who the 2nd custom will be. 

• 5 weeks later...

Next up is Jarvis! He comes with alternate Skrull head (from Secret Invasion), serving tray, glasses, umbrella, and Avengers security alert mini-backdrop. Make sure to use the preorder link here, as I am not selling these in the toy store - this is a personal project. I only have enough parts to make 24 of him. Preorder Jarvis here: https://goo.gl/forms/Y9eaPK4vObXmxIu12

TTxePNs.jpg

cLYSbuG.jpg

bMnyorU.jpg

Molten Man is finished and is now shipping. :)

18 hours ago, hellpop said:

The tray and glasses sold me. I'll have to throw in one of those chalices for when Thor's in the mansion.

I thought I had bought some wine glasses too, but I couldn't find them today. If they turn up, I will include one of those too. 

The alternate Skrull head sold me. I am bummed I didn’t even know this thread existed until about 10 hours ago. Missed Molten Man, but Jarvis is awesome!

I will need to use an extra baby-holding hand with Skrullvis from New Avengers.

Edited by Onyx_6

54 minutes ago, Gillbob316 said:

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer to my question earlier in the thread (missed it at first)

New Question: Are the faces stickers or like... paint/decal? (Permanent, as it were. Not sure on the terminology)

I expect them all to be between $15 and $30, depending on how complex they are. One person accidentally double-ordered Jarvis, so I have one of him available again. 

The face stickers are a vinyl adhesive film. As long as you keep them out of direct sunlight, they won't fade. And the detail on them is really nice.

That is entirely reasonable good sir. I have filled out the Jarvis form. I have no idea if I did so in time, or if someone might have beaten me to it already, haha. I'm also pretty sure I accidentally did it twice... but... if you only have 1 left, It probably doesn't matter. I imagine.

14 minutes ago, Gillbob316 said:

That is entirely reasonable good sir. I have filled out the Jarvis form. I have no idea if I did so in time, or if someone might have beaten me to it already, haha. I'm also pretty sure I accidentally did it twice... but... if you only have 1 left, It probably doesn't matter. I imagine.

Got it, thanks!

51 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Sorry it took me a few hours to pay. I didn't get the invoice while I was still at work, and then didn't have wifi access until I finally did send payment before bed.

That is no big deal - you guys can always have a few days with these invoices.