UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Working on a con exclusive set. Four turtles, but a cool set. Not sure what new characters are planned. Movie characters are not available to us, I believe. 

Tokka and Razar were in the cartoons for an episode, surely that counts! :D

Although I'm not exactly a Turtle fan I have always appreciated the Minimates , they're generally brilliant .

I'm perhaps not the best person to propose anything for the future but here goes .....

A Blimp .  Not one of those blow-up versions that I can see for sale but a proper plastic version* . IMHO there would be minimal tooling , keep it simple but go-for-it with the tampos ( water-slides ?) .   I honestly think that many TMNT fans would buy one & .....I hate to say it .....wouldn't give a shit whether it had a Minimate or not .

* it would therefore be inflation-proof:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

* it would therefore be inflation-proof:thumbsup:

Good thing because prices have ballooned these days. They're already sky high. Good of you to float the idea.

Some would say I'm full of hot air, but I think a Kraang-bot Vinimate could really take off.

I THOUGHT you were serious, but I wasn't 100% sure. Wouldn't an all-plastic blimp be a LOT of tooling, though? That's a big steel mold to create. I'm sure that's why Playmates' blimp was inflatable back in the day. 

4 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Only 'big' if you want it to be big . The minimate vehicle design 'model' has always been 'deformed' so I was thinking keep it similar size to nigh on everything else .  Other Blimps are nice but too big to go on a shelf.

I would be down for a minimate style Turtle Blimp or Van!

6 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Only 'big' if you want it to be big . The minimate vehicle design 'model' has always been 'deformed' so I was thinking keep it similar size to nigh on everything else .  Other Blimps are nice but too big to go on a shelf.

Something like this?

blimp1

blimp2

I like this idea. They could make the balloon part open like a silly putty egg and pack the parts or some turtle mates inside. Open and assemble!

I think it could be made to work.

Edit: Thinking further this would work for DST's tooling re-use. They could make a blimp for each turtle, like Enterprises for each captain. Completionists would have to buy 4. Not to mention battle damaged, etc. Why am I giving them this idea? LOL

Edited by cylonchaney

You got it ! I was thinking that the 'eggshell' could be made in 2 halves ,packed in 2 halves*,  & then assembled by the purchaser .  Then again ....that's what Cylon said ! Eggsactly .

*difficult to explain but does .....(( .........help  ????

Love the design, CC! I would hope that if TMNT Minimates vehicles ever became feasible (large retailer, big order, etc.), that we would start with the van. Although I've seen pics of the Jada Toys van with Minimates inside it, and that one seems to work perfectly. 

On 1/15/2024 at 7:27 PM, cylonchaney said:

Something like this?

blimp1

blimp2

I like this idea. They could make the balloon part open like a silly putty egg and pack the parts or some turtle mates inside. Open and assemble!

I think it could be made to work.

Edit: Thinking further this would work for DST's tooling re-use. They could make a blimp for each turtle, like Enterprises for each captain. Completionists would have to buy 4. Not to mention battle damaged, etc. Why am I giving them this idea? LOL

I would like to see this made 😁

Lego build? Like the C3's?