UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Godzilla minimate thread. Gojira!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, because I mean it as a legit compliment: these things look awesomely ridiculous! 2" tall articulated Godzilla toys? Fantastic.

Zach - those Godzilla changes you mentioned - did they happen after the above Facebook photo, or since Toyfair?

They did show wave 2 designs at the panel. They were cool. Jet Jaguar!

There are no pictures of these so far. Anyone willing to spill who else is in wave 2?
I also want to know who’s in wave 2... if only because cool as Jet Jaguar is his inclusion kind of gives me a Rocky/SFxT/Universal Monsters vibe where the desire to make ‘interesting’ characters will prevent fans from getting ‘needed’ characters, and while it might seem fun to get Gigan, Titanosaurus, and Jet Jaguar now, it’s not gonna be so fun when the line ends and there’s no King Ghidorah (King Ghidorah being the Invisible Man/Mr.T/Jin of Godzilla of course)

They did show wave 2 designs at the panel. They were cool. Jet Jaguar!

There are no pictures of these so far. Anyone willing to spill who else is in wave 2?
I also want to know who’s in wave 2... if only because cool as Jet Jaguar is his inclusion kind of gives me a Rocky/SFxT/Universal Monsters vibe where the desire to make ‘interesting’ characters will prevent fans from getting ‘needed’ characters, and while it might seem fun to get Gigan, Titanosaurus, and Jet Jaguar now, it’s not gonna be so fun when the line ends and there’s no King Ghidorah (King Ghidorah being the Invisible Man/Mr.T/Jin of Godzilla of course)

I'd be kinda surprised if Ghidorah wasn't wave 2. Other than Mothra, I don't know if there's a bigger more important monster to get for Godzilla canon. Unless, of course, this one gave us Mechagodzilla. Which I'd be okay with because then we'd have all the kaiju from Terror of Mechagodzilla and that's kinda fun. However if we get Megalon in Wave 2 we'd have all the monsters needed for Godzilla vs Megalon which is... less awesome because of how little regard I have for Godzilla vs Megalon.

If it's Gabara I'm going to DST headquarters and deleting the design file. And then I will get Chuck drunk and make him contemplate his life decisions.

Edited by Trekker 42

In the C2E2 thread it was confirmed that the three are

King Ghidorah

Jet Jaguar

Hedorah

Good lineup of decently popular monsters. Wonder if there's gonna be a gimmick with this Godzilla or if it's a straight re-release. Not gonna lie I'm just glad Ghidorah was brought in for the second round (assuming the second round happens) since if these don't do well we at least get Godzilla's two greatest enemies: Mothra and Ghidorah.

By this logic, Mechagodzilla is probably the Wave 3 big name monster. As for the random ass little guys... I dunno. Let's say if they stick with Showa monsters and don't go digging through Heisei or Millenium until later, King Caesar and Angurius. Or if they want to make Angurius a main grouping one, King Caesar and Megalon.

The designs I showed are not all definitely going to be in set 2, but one of the figures will presumably be some version of Godzilla.

Get the crow nets set up and warn the interns, because I don’t like Rodan and Ghidorah’s odds at this point.

...Well, Ghidorah has already been designed, and he was the first non-Godzilla kaiju chosen to be in our vinyl bank line, so his odds are better than most.

Nobody's even mentioned Rodan, so yeah, his odds are pretty slim.

WHAT THE F---?!!!!

Say you're just teasing, man! You can't be f'reals!

Also, we need good ol' Anguirus!

Edited by Mystery Man