UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Lego Video Game

Nessex

So - i'm a huge fan of the Batman Lego game on PS2.

I am really looking forward to seeing what they can do with the Marvel License :)

Linkage

I would personally prefer it if they kept the games limited to certain families within the MU. A FF Game, an X-Men game, an Avengers game, etc...

I kind of liked that the first Batman game was just the Gotham family of characters.

But i know that's unlikely that marvel will follow suit.

Still - if there are over 100 playable characters, then there should be a good smattering from each team.

EDIT: Ooops - i can see this has already been brought up in the Lego thread. Apologies.

Can one of the mods maybe merge this into the appropriate place?

Edited by Nessex

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it hasn't been deleted so I assume we can keep talking about it. This is specifically for the Video Game so it really belongs here anyway.

I think the Marvel game looks Amazing! LEGO Batman 2 is probably my favorite LEGO game to date, and I'm kinda a LEGO Video game fanatic. The greatest thing, for me in LEGO B2, was the introduction of the open world. I also, love the LEGO games for original story. I own all of the TT LEGO Games, but the Batman games were the only ones to have original stories (not counting the newly released LEGO City Stories which is Wii U Exclusive and since that system is a failure, I don't count).

They appear to being going to the same route with LEGO Marvel Heroes. Original story, with Galactus involved, you just can't go wrong. My only fear I guess is once Galactus is beat, where do you go?! But lets play the first game before we get too far ahead of ourselves.

I agree with your statement about seperate games. I would LOVE to see a LEGO X-Men game, and who knows maybe one day we will. However, I think they strength of doing it this way is that we would probably get characters and moments that we probably wouldn't get any other way. For example, were does Punisher or Daredevil really fit? They couldn't support their own game and may be forced into an FF or Avengers game. But, they are doing Open World Marvel New York, so they fit perfectly there!

All in all, this game is in my top three most wanted games for 2013.....and it may be #1. So excited!!

• 5 months later...

$15 gift card when you buy it at Toys R Us (any platform). Beats the Wal-mart Iron Patriot or the LEGO keychain elsewhere (plus the extra downloads don't seem to be available for the Wii U... surprise).

Now it's just sitting here on my desk at work. Another 3 hours, but then I've got the next five days off with very few obligations!

Edited by JeffBohn

i think the voice acting adds atmosphere, It just wouldnt feel like marvel without Steve Blum as Wolverine or Tasticore as Hulk.

I've been playing this nonstop since tuesday :D

I gotta say im SO HAPPY that the alternate costumes (with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions) arent counted as separate characters, this game literally has over 150 characters :D

Playing this game with my son has shown how Lego barely scratched the surface with the Marvel minifigs they have produced. I loved how Deadpool has many frequent cameos in the levels.

I felt the same about LEGO Batman 2. So many things left unsaid...

I just really want the remaining Justice League. To get MY League we still need Flash (Who is coming soon), the Lantern, and the Martian. The rest are optional.

Edited by Trekker 42

Best. Game. Ever. (ok, that's overstating it a bit, but my little girl is into Rapunzel from Tangled)

Could not put it down last night. That Baxter Building level was SO long

Was not expecting "Snakes on the Helicarrier" or Stan's oft repeated "Excelsior!"(but I guess I should have that one)

Anyone seen Rulk?

He's over in the Columbus Circle area I think.

I'm at just over 50% so far. I had a few conveniently timed extra days off work last week, but now I'm back, so I'll be chipping away at it a little at a time. Right now just wandering the town trying to build up enough gold bricks for those levels.

I got Silver Surfer last night as well as Rocket Racoon. I'm at 175 gold bricks and am around 60% completion. Thanks for the help Jeff!

So is Deadpool the 100% character?

I got Silver Surfer last night as well as Rocket Racoon. I'm at 175 gold bricks and am around 60% completion. Thanks for the help Jeff!

So is Deadpool the 100% character?

Apparently you get him once you purchase all the Red Bricks from him.

Added another 3% last night (56% now), made it to 125 gold bricks so did the reptile mission in the park.

Unlocked the 8X red brick, 10 or so gold bricks, a couple characters (Future Foundation Thing & Curt Connors) and a few vehicles.

I've gone back and completed some of the minikits and stuff in the story levels, but that gets tedious.

I don't see the point of vehicles in this game. YOU'VE GOT ROCKET BOOTS!

I wouldn't say harder. Lots of clues to help you along. Yeah, there are a few frustratingly difficult things to obtain, but eventually they seem to work themselves out.

So much for taking a break. Now I'm at 87%. Got all characters except Stan Lee, all vehicles. Working on minikits and Stan Lee from the story levels, then eventually the flying races.

Ground races get really easy when you get Ghost Rider's bike.

Hitting a couple of glitches? Saved Stan Lee from a balloon above the circus, now it shows he's still there. The arrow points at blank space in the air. Also collecting 11 of 10 minikits in one story level, interested to see how that turns out when I get all the others. Checking GameFaqs looks to be a common error.

Edited by JeffBohn

I have 12/10 minikits on a level, I'm sitting at 77% tried to catch you Jeffery, but I think I'm going to call it a day. So no character for getting 250 gold bricks? Pretty big let down, I thought it was going to be aunt May or Maria Hill until I read your post.

• 2 months later...