UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Batmobile collection

looks cool. though I forgot how bad that batman forever car looks...at least to me. Love the rest though.

I saw the advert for this on TV earlier today. Looks decent. Any idea how many issues there will be? They normally put it in the smallprint along the bottom of the advert, but i couldnt see it, and the website didn't mention it.

£2.99 for the first issue = great

£5.99 for the second issue = not too bad

£9.99 for each issue after that = ok, depending on how many issues there are. I don't want to have a batmobile collection that has cost me £500, even if it is bloody nice to look at :biggrin: that's a heck of a lot of minimates.

Anything with an open cockpit is ill conceived. I love the 1966 model purely out of nostalgia but I've always had a tough time picture Bruce and Dick pinstriping the Batmobile so they could take it out on the town. Although in the context of that incarnation of the Dynamic Duo, it's certainly feasible.

Burton's Batmobile came pretty close to what a friend of mine and I were concepting after we heard the movie was in development. I was leaning toward a Delorean with bat-wing doors but my friend insisted on an American car. What we got was a Corvette on steroids and at the time we were pretty pleased with it. I did NOT like the redundant cocoon that came out of nowhere.

At first glance I liked the Batman Forever Batmobile because it looked like something H. R. Giger might have designed. The fins are far too large and the exposed engine is pretty dumb but I like the look purely for aesthetic reasons. Take off the giant wing on the back and it's not half bad.

Then there's Schumacher's Batman and Robin car. Ugh. The whole movie was a parody of the '66 series including the Batmobile. No canopy, ridiculously long fins, lighted accents than scream anything but stealth... it's a caricature of the Barris Batmobile, and not a very flattering one.

My favorite is the Tumbler, even though it's kind of off-the-rack. Painting it black helped but part of me was hoping that some bat-like modifications would have happened along the way. Come on, Mr. Fox. Get with the (design) program.

As for the scale on these collectibles, if memory serves they're pretty small to be useful for Minimates.

All Batmobiles look great :thumbsup:

I can't help myself I just have to say how great that Batwing looks.....the C3 Batwing was oh so similar & ought to be in everybody's Minimate collection....... it is superb .

http://minimatescentral.com/2012/07/batwing-with-pilot-batman-c3-wave-1/

Thanks to Minimate Central & Lurch who gave it 10 out of 10.

i didn't realize these were part of a sub. i have the first 6 preordered at BBTS for $20 each. i hadn't decided if i was going to go through with them though, $20 is kinda steep as nice as they look. i'm curious how much these would be from Eaglemoss themselves.

had a snoop around some batmobile sites and there are a number of posts saying this series is scheduled to run for 80 issues! I'm damned if I can remember that many different bat cars so it must cover things like the jokermobile etc.

I think I will skip this sub an just cherry pick the back issues from the website on the ones I like.