UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X-Factor!

I think Zach mentioned an upcoming Cyclops at some point, so I'll put him in this wave. A modern Cyclops would fit perfectly in an AvX wave: Cyc/Cap, Red Hulk/Colossus, Hope/army builder, variant Scarlet Witch/army builder. AvX seems like a merchandising masterpiece that begs for little vs. 2-packs a la MvC3. Or maybe just a modern team Cyc: Cyclops/Emma, Colossus/Magik, Namor/army builder, variant Danger/army builder. I'll feel a lot better about guessing Wave 48 after we've seen what boxsets come this summer.

Yes, I think we do.

Wild speculation... official reveal (with potential fun and games from DST)... promo images... package pics... release speculation... sightings in the wild.

It's fun!

But yeah, AvX isn't a bad guess. Will the event be long over by the time this wave comes out? Probably, but that seems to be fine.

i would say AvX, but as Battlecat said, Avengers will be getting a break.

Probably not X-men due to 47 being for them, could be a new Spiderman wave, we get one every few waves and the last would have been 4 waves ago. My hope is for a Fantastic Four or just Magic Marvel wave, id love a new Doctor Strange, classic Dormammu, Baron Mordo, Wiccan, Hellstorm, etc. In a Fantastic Four wave id hope to see their Dark Blue and White costumes, with new stretchy pieces for Mister Fantastic, a new flame head for Johnny and maybe She-Hulks FF suit since we may be getting Thing in wave 50. Id want the villain to either be Annihilus or Wizard, well....really anyone other then Doom, and id love some Moloid army builders to go with Mole man...

my other guess for this wave is more Fear Itself stuff or simply a cosmic wave to fit in airwalker and firelord

Well we know wave 48 has a theme, and that TRU 15 ties into it.

We also know that Firelord and Air Walker (last year's poll losers) were suppossed to be worked into a TRU wave this year.

My money would be on some kind of Cosmic Marvel themed wave. Maybe Annihilation, maybe just a cross section of the various cosmic events of the last few years.

Presuming that I'm not linking two completely unrelated pieces of information.

I honestly know nothing about Annihilation, but if that is what you guys want then why not, eh. I can't think of a theme or story that isn't Spidey, X-Men or Avengers... not quite fluent in Marvel, y'see.

I also agree that AvX should stick to a boxset... they are easily avoided. I usually end up buying waves whether I like them or not.

Annihilation- the Mirypedia short version:

Annihilus, long time FF foe and ruler of up to a third of Negative Zone, gathers his armies and breaks through the dimensional barriers and into the positive universe. They roll across known space with such speed and destructive force they are reffered to as the "Annihilation Wave". They crush the Skrull Empire, while it's leaders were away trying to invade Earth, destroy Xandar (home of the Nova Corps), roll into the Kree empire all the way to their capitol planet, and even threaten Shi'ar space. Thanos joins with Annihilus' forces and together they capture Galactus and turn him into a planet busting weapon. Heroes from across the cosmos rally, cosmic types both well known and obscure, even a few warriors classically thought of as villains like Ronan the Accurser, to try to defeat and repel "the Wave" before it consumes everything. The losses are heavy on both sides, but at the end of the day Annihilus and Thanos are dead, again (though Thanos recovers quickly enough), but their generals and surviving forces remain in control of most of the conquored territories. The old empires are left either completely shattered, or shells of their former selves. Some of the gathered champions choose to remain together as the new Guardians of the Galaxy.

I really think that DST should do AvX as a special sub-wave, much like the best-of wave. Brand it separately, with unique packaging.

I have to admit, I don't actually think Annihilation/cosmic Marvel is a likely choice (well, maybe War of Kings...); the ship's probably sailed, unfortunately.:sad:

Well I'm not saying tie it to a specific event, but from Inhumans to Ronan to GoG to Vulcan there are a lot of cosmic Marvel characters that have gotten a little spotlight on their faces the last few years. Just throwin' it out there as a possibility.

And 43 was based on a story how many years old? That opens up the sailing window considerably IMO. YMMV. And other internet shorthand phrases.

Well, Spider-Man, Cap, Thor, Avengers have all had recent waves. X-Men, Daredevil, Hulk & Venom are all part of upcoming stuff. That leaves Iron Man(also represented in the Avengers' waves), and Fantastic Four. Thing had recent minimates, but the rest are due upgrades, possibly in blue/white. Mister Fantastic(new SS arm)/She-Hulk(F4), Thing (F4 tank w/pants & boots)/Johnny(new flame on pieces), Invisible Woman(sleeveless w/4 cutout)/Moloid, variant Sue as Malice/Moloid.

Tru compliment set: Gorgon/Triton, Medusa/crystal... Or Karnak.

Edited by MrClean

Whatever it is I'm happy. If it's abc I'll get a perfect bulky rulk(I didn't buy the last or first ones since one was puny and the other's hairpiece was wrong. But with drake's hair I think he would look ok),the new Collossus,a new cyclops etc. if it's a ff wave we'll get more ff villains. That's a win in my book. If it's a cosmic wave we will get more cosmic characters. Sadly chuck said that they didn't have plans for many cosmic mates. If it's an ends of earth wave we'll get the sinister six. If it's a dark themed wave we will get Hellstorm,morbius,a classic blade etc. whatever it is,I'm happy.

I'd imagine every Minimate in the official Wave 50 polls will definatley not be in Wave 48 or 49.

So by process of elimination, Wave 48 will consist of... erm, other Marvel characters!?

Edited by Pete

Thanks v.much Miry, was it good? Sounds bloody good. I, of course, know the likes of Ronan and Annihilus... so it works for me.

Anything will do just now, DST have put out so much beautiful stuff this year, they've earnt a duff wave... and my wallet could do with a break, no doubt.

Well I'm not saying tie it to a specific event, but from Inhumans to Ronan to GoG to Vulcan there are a lot of cosmic Marvel characters that have gotten a little spotlight on their faces the last few years. Just throwin' it out there as a possibility.

And 43 was based on a story how many years old? That opens up the sailing window considerably IMO. YMMV. And other internet shorthand phrases.

You may not have seen my post above, but Annihilation was my first suggestion. :biggrin: I would really like to see the Marvel cosmic characters (I'm petitioning for Rocket Raccoon, for cryin' out loud), but I just don't see it happening at this point. Annihilation was too long ago, and the books just didn't sell enough, sadly. Certainly not enough for a theme wave.:(

Thanks v.much Miry, was it good? Sounds bloody good. I, of course, know the likes of Ronan and Annihilus... so it works for me.

Anything will do just now, DST have put out so much beautiful stuff this year, they've earnt a duff wave... and my wallet could do with a break, no doubt.

The cosmic books are, arguably, the best comics Marvel has done in the last five years. Can't recommend them highly enough. You can actually get Annihilation and Annihilation:Conquest pretty cheap these days. Make sure you start reading Nova in between. Then, after Conquest, start on the Guardians of the Galaxy books before you get to Realm of Kings. If I have time, I'll try to put together a recommended reading order.

Hey I could be tying together two completely unrelated pieces of information with the Also-Ran Heralds and TRU wave 15 being tied to wave 48. Just seemd to me a logical conclusion if I wasn't making connections that don't exist.

What's throwing me is the theme idea... We've had a lot of themes this year and that usually means we're do for a decidedly not themed wave.