Jeff's Customs

Jeff

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, did I haul today. Not only did I find the perfect arm/hand piece (Iron Fist, thank you) to use a sculpting template for the others arms, but I also finished all four of the turtles shells.

shell.jpg

One last piece to sculpt- and by far the easiest- the belt buckles/shoulder straps (Don & Leo), then the fun begins PAINTING!! :teehee:

Love your Goonies. I just don't remember the ship being so small in the movie...

Me either. (:

Finished the heads for the TMNT today- waiting for the arms to dry then I just have to paint the shells and add the belts. Pic coming soon.

aoacolossus.jpeg

Finished my AoA Colosuss today!! Head mask from Iron Fist, shoulder pad from Shatterstar, apoxied scarf and belt.

Together at last!

aoa.jpeg

I believe the chest decal was from a Luke design and tweaked slightly. The hair is repainted from the recent outback x-men Rogue and trimmed in the back. Can't remember where the wrist guard gloves came from.

More AoA goodness coming soon...

Edited by Jeff

Totally awesome, dude! :D

But i'd suggest bigger boots :thumbsup:

Yeah...I agree. I fished around in my parts box and found the boots from Nathan Spencer would work or the UNSC Marine 1 from Halo. Kind of a toss up really. I'm still deciding on which boots I want for Colossus and Mikhail (my final horseman of the apocaylpse to finish).

Sadly, I ran out of Apoxie so my Sugar Man custom is going to have to wait for awhile. :pinch:

This has to be my all time favorite random custom:

jimsidenew.jpg

jimback.jpeg

If it weren't for the Prophet of Regret from the Halo wave (with a bit of apoxie) I don't think I would have done this custom. His eyes and blaster are also apoxie. The boots come from Nimrod.

Edited by Jeff

I also swapped out Colossus's boots with those from the UNSC Halo figure. Works a lot better, needs one more coat of paint:

colossusboots.jpeg

Just noticed this is my 500th post. WOW, that's a lot of minimate love.

Edited by Jeff

I brought home all my aoa customs and just have to apply the decals to one then I'm taking the group photo. It's going to be epic!

Earthworm Jim was a lot of fun. Make make princess what's her name and psycrow in the future. Battletoads would be fun too. Need to buy more apoxie first...

Here's Apocalypse and his horsemen:

horsemen.jpg

Group shot of all my AOA customs together, 23 total:

myaoagroup.jpg

Left to right, 1st row: Quicksilver, Mondo, Dazzler, Exodus, Husk, Shadowcat, Bishop

2nd row: Colossus, Jubilee, Gambit, Iceman, Mikhail, Lila Cheney, Chamber

3rd row: Havok, Abyss, X-Man, Strong Guy/Guido, Vincente

4th row: Angel, Banshee, Storm, Sunspot

AND NOW...

The complete Age of Apocalypse group shot:

finalaoa.jpg

Whew! I'm exhausted- I've never done so many customs at one time and took so many photos, but I absolutely how these turned out.

Edited by Jeff

Awesome! Nice to see you so passionate about completing a team, really paid off with that awesome group shot.

This was THE storyline for me growing up with comics. Joe mad's art was unlike anything I had ever seen and I loved the choice to use bright colored costumes set against a war torn backdrop. This was long before the Internet so picking up each issue was new and exciting. Finding out which characters were major players, who had turned evil and the various relationships between them was always a surprise. I had tried back in the day to collect the toy biz aoa figs but came up short trying to get cyclops and gambit. After I had read in wizard that the line wouldn't continue past the basic line I was devastated. It was that announcement that lead me to customizing in the first place. I bought a second weapon x and with what little knowledge I had of making customs I dove into making my own dark beast figure. What a train wreck! I did everything wrong: wrong paint ( I only knew of testers enamel) crayola modeling clay, and painted over the joints. It was a sticky sloppy mess...I vowed never to make another custom again.

I had a change of heart when my friend Chris bought me the target two packs of the fantastic four. These were my first minimates. I inspected these strange little Lego esque figures and began swapping parts and more importantly how easy it was to do so. The seed was planted. Years later I had bought several more and when DST announced the two aoa sets, I knew I was getting myself into something special. I could finally complete my long lost collection and not have to lift a finger for customs. I was on cloud 9....until I heard yet again that the line wouldn't continue past a few two packs. However, having bought several mates and several duplicate characters in multiple costumes, I could just as easily make my own. This time however, I had the Internet on my side and stumbled across a little site, theminimatefactory and in turn to the Minimate multiverse.

I've traded parts with many of you here, received much positive feedback. Without this community I wouldn't be posting here now. So a special thanks to all of you, I hope you enjoy them as much as I have had in creating them.

Awesome! Nice to see you so passionate about completing a team, really paid off with that awesome group shot.

This was THE storyline for me growing up with comics. Joe mad's art was unlike anything I had ever seen and I loved the choice to use bright colored costumes set against a war torn backdrop. This was long before the Internet so picking up each issue was new and exciting. Finding out which characters were major players, who had turned evil and the various relationships between them was always a surprise. I had tried back in the day to collect the toy biz aoa figs but came up short trying to get cyclops and gambit. After I had read in wizard that the line wouldn't continue past the basic line I was devastated. It was that announcement that lead me to customizing in the first place. I bought a second weapon x and with what little knowledge I had of making customs I dove into making my own dark beast figure. What a train wreck! I did everything wrong: wrong paint ( I only knew of testers enamel) crayola modeling clay, and painted over the joints. It was a sticky sloppy mess...I vowed never to make another custom again.

I had a change of heart when my friend Chris bought me the target two packs of the fantastic four. These were my first minimates. I inspected these strange little Lego esque figures and began swapping parts and more importantly how easy it was to do so. The seed was planted. Years later I had bought several more and when DST announced the two aoa sets, I knew I was getting myself into something special. I could finally complete my long lost collection and not have to lift a finger for customs. I was on cloud 9....until I heard yet again that the line wouldn't continue past a few two packs. However, having bought several mates and several duplicate characters in multiple costumes, I could just as easily make my own. This time however, I had the Internet on my side and stumbled across a little site, theminimatefactory and in turn to the Minimate multiverse.

I've traded parts with many of you here, received much positive feedback. Without this community I wouldn't be posting here now. So a special thanks to all of you, I hope you enjoy them as much as I have had in creating them.

Jeff, your AoA customs are a work of art. They are as good as Luke's. I especially like the X-Man one ;) And I totally agree with you on the AoA storyline. When I was younger I acquired over half of the whole series. This year I bought the entire collection from someone on ebay. I can't believe I waited that long to read the books I never had. Do you need any issues? I have quite a few doubles now. You could make me couple of your customs to trade :biggrin: hehe