UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Liney's Designs & Customs - She-Hulk advice

Since I was quite pleased with how The Guardian Of Forever turned out (still awaiting a glittery over spray I thought I would attempt to use up my left over supply of foam-board and build the transporter room.

I'm using this image as my guide: http://startreklives.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/8-1701-transporter.jpg?w=497&h=483

Which resulted in me creating this floorplan: post-3031-0-70043300-1360242012_thumb.jp

The transporter steps will be cut form three layers of foam board, and the walls from thick card. Not sure on the control console yet. For the actual transporter I will be utilising a printout I found on here somewhere.

Pictures to follow!

*pictures added*

post-3031-0-07133800-1360257665_thumb.jppost-3031-0-13125400-1360257774_thumb.jppost-3031-0-59992300-1360258126_thumb.jppost-3031-0-50060800-1360257999_thumb.jp

Got the mock up all done with relative ease. Just lots of measuring. Managed to solve a few unforeseen problems which should prove helpful in making the final one and find a few things need tweaking, like making the doors a bit a shorter. I forgot to include the console in the pictures though. Made the back wall removable, which I'm not sure I'll bother with in the long run.

Edited by Liney

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I have run out of materials for making dioramas I thought I would go back and finish a design I started a while back. As per usual control art then the coloured version.

Machine Man

cfae13fdb550879a71ae2b5f2f515722-d5w2w27

machine_man___coloured_by_lord_liney-d5w

Also I trued my luck at making decals for him, which you can find in the decal thread.

Edited by Liney

After a bit of feedback on this design, its just a draft as I don't feel the face captures the character, think she needs more of an angry scowl and rage filled eyes. The torso seems off too. Maybe the colours too :S

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

titania___coloured_by_lord_liney-d5whyw9

titania_v3_by_lord_liney-d5wia6t.jpg

titania_v4_by_lord_liney-d5wksmx.jpg

post-3031-0-42636900-1362073314_thumb.jp

Edited by Liney

Maybe clenched teeth?

Thanks, that's what I thought originally. Is this any better? Better colours and tweaked face. Maybe the lack of hair is throwing me off.

*updated design added above*

Edited by Liney

Both Titania and Shulkie look great there.

Feel free guys. If I had the decal paper and spare mates I would give it a go.
Personally I don't rate Shadowcats hair. I thought maybe 90s Jean might work. Got a few others in mind too

Edited by Liney

Try exposing the forehead a bit.

Done! *updated image added to above post*

I think I'm pretty happy with the last two tweaks, I did try and more pink colour, but it just seemed too girly for Titania.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions guys, you've really helped me out. As always feel free to appropriate any of them for decals.

Edited by Liney

That's a good suggestion Jeff

I was pondering how to do those! I could remember reading on somewhere, (possible the fwoosh?) someone had used toothpicks, tacks/nails or a cast of the tip of a pencil. I can just see me snapping whatever I use off as soon as I pick her up though unsure.png

I look up Rachel Grey/Phoenix on the database as she has similar spikes, but they were just drawn on. I think Titania needs actual spikes to look a bit more imposing.

For Malice, I used an x-acto to get a smooth cut otherwise you'll have frayed edges- then using tweezers and superglue, I applied them to her helmet. They are small enough that they stay on securely but if tossed around too much it'd get damage so I guess it just depends on whether or not you're going to be doing much with the figure afterwards. Malice just stands in a clear display case on my desk with the rest of the FF baddies. thumbsup.gif

That sounds quite involved, when/if I get round t actually making her I may give the toothpicks a try.

My mates are just sort of thrown in an old ice cream box, in a loving way, naturally.

On an unrelated note, I forgot how much I loved your Jessica Rabbit custom.