1 Mercenary

Clue #2

Pack 1:

Healing factors aren't all these two have in common

Pack 2:

Both are mutants and members of another minority group

Pack 3:

Silver Age hero and ridiculously costumed army builder

Pack 1= Deadpool (merc) Wolverine (hero)

Pack 2= Storm (hero) Psylocke (hero) both minorities women, and black and asian respectively

Pack 3= AIM Soldier (villain) Captain Marvel (silver age hero)

Edited by murderofcrows

Clue 1:

4 Heroes

1 Villain

1 Mercenary

Clue #2

Pack 1:

Healing factors aren't all these two have in common

Pack 2:

Both are mutants and members of another minority group

Pack 3:

Silver Age hero and ridiculously costumed army builder

Pack 1= Deadpool (merc) Wolverine (hero)

Pack 2= Storm (hero) Psylocke (hero) both minorities women, and black and asian respectively

Pack 3= AIM Soldier (villain) Captain Marvel (silver age hero)

Nic, but pack 2 is wrong. It's Gambit and Rogue, both being southerners makes them a minority. Right Shane? XD

Woah, drgnrbrn, seriously?

I'm really enjoying this even I get nothing right I think this a great idea. Really gets the juices flowing for new stuff.

I like to think that Diamond is using our guesses as market research - to see what characters we want because we're using them for our guesses. That's why my list was nothing but Squirrel Girl, Captain Britain and Man-Thing.

man the clues over a fwoosh are making my noggin spin out....................... i can only think of elektra and hand ninja, but come one every monkey and thier uncle has tried to kill wolverine!!

i'm going to assume that what ever figure the army builders come with is what we get the chase figure with too..

Edited by winkerbean

man the clues over a fwoosh are making my noggin spin out....................... i can only think of elektra and hand ninja, but come one every monkey and thier uncle has tried to kill wolverine!!

Since we already have Elektra, maybe Silver Samauri? I think whoever is packed with the army builder needs to make sense, so I don't think it would be Wendigo or anything.

Since we already have Elektra, maybe Silver Samauri? I think whoever is packed with the army builder needs to make sense, so I don't think it would be Wendigo or anything.

BTW dont forget that one character is an army builder implies the figure that will be packed with it is the variant...

T.

BTW dont forget that one character is an army builder implies the figure that will be packed with it is the variant...

That would be the logical conclusion, but who says they have to follow logic. Nick Fury was as close to an army building Marvel character that we've gotten in a regular release, but Cap was not the variant of that wave. But then again, the first couple of BSG waves had the Cylons bundled with the variant, so who knows.

I doubt I'm scoring many points in this thing anyway, with variant guesses like Wolverine in a sombrero and Psylocke in a thong.

T.

So, maybe a "silver age hero" with both a "classic" and variant, "modern" get-up (or vice versa). . .Samuel L. Jackson, Ultimates version, and Sgt. Fury, perhaps?

That would be the logical conclusion, but who says they have to follow logic. Nick Fury was as close to an army building Marvel character that we've gotten in a regular release, but Cap was not the variant of that wave. But then again, the first couple of BSG waves had the Cylons bundled with the variant, so who knows.

I doubt I'm scoring many points in this thing anyway, with variant guesses like Wolverine in a sombrero and Psylocke in a thong.

Isn't psylocke's regular costume pretty much a thong anyways?

Nick fury wasn't an army builder as is, he was a character that could be modified to be one. We are talking about a figure released as an army builder. Also Matt mentioned army builders being packed with variants way way back at SDCC...

T.

silver age character with a variant could still be Captain Marvel

Mar Vel Blonde version 70s

Captain Marvel African American Woman

Isn't there also a more updated Captain Marvel that sort of looks like the current JSA Starman, with stars all over him or something?

Isn't there also a more updated Captain Marvel that sort of looks like the current JSA Starman, with stars all over him or something?

Yup - Genis-Vell, the cloned son of the original Captain Marvel. Got a variant Marvel Legends figure from Toy Biz, and soon to have a figure from our friends at Diamond / Marvel Select.

Dont assume it is a hand ninja it may be these guys

Hellfire Club Goons

Some good possibilities there - could pack them with Sebastian Shaw, Donald Pierce, Mastermind or the Jean Grey Black Queen.

Yup - Genis-Vell, the cloned son of the original Captain Marvel. Got a variant Marvel Legends figure from Toy Biz, and soon to have a figure from our friends at Diamond / Marvel Select.

Dont assume it is a hand ninja it may be these guys

Hellfire Club Goons

Some good possibilities there - could pack them with Sebastian Shaw, Donald Pierce, Mastermind or the Jean Grey Black Queen.

If it were the Black Queen, you could also do the White Queen as a variant or vice versa