UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BTTF 3 boxed set and Previews exclusive 2-pack detailed pics.

Here are some detailed pics of the latest BTTF minimates. Featured pics are BTTF 3 boxed set and the Previews exclusive 2-pack.

Notes of interest:

• Marty comes with no holster or even a gun!
  • Mad Dog's pistol is teeny tiny. Not sure if it was so in the movie.
  • Western Doc Brown, western Marty and Mad Dog Tannen have regular minimate feet sculpts instead of the newer cowboy boot sculpts features on the MWNN (Eastwood) sets. Strange seeing as they are cowboy mates!

(click thumbnails for larger images)

Back To The Future 3 boxed set

th_BTTF3.jpg

Wild West Marty McFly

th_WWmarty.jpg th_WWmartyback.jpg

Mad Dog Tannen

th_maddog.jpg th_maddogback.jpg

Wild West Doc Brown

th_docbrown.jpg th_docbrownback.jpg

Marty McFly

th_marty2.jpg th_marty2back.jpg

Back To The Future 2 Previews 2-pack

th_martyandbiff.jpg

Future Biff Tannen

th_oldbiff.jpg th_oldbiffback.jpg

Marty McFly w/ sports almanac

th_marty.jpg th_martyback.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Here are some detailed pics of the latest BTTF minimates. Featured pics are BTTF 3 boxed set and the Previews exclusive 2-pack.

Notes of interest:

• Marty comes with no holster or even a gun!
  • Mad Dog's pistol is teeny tiny. Not sure if it was so in the movie.
  • Western Doc Brown, western Marty and Mad Dog Tannen have regular minimate feet sculpts instead of the newer cowboy boot sculpts features on the MWNN (Eastwood) sets. Strange seeing as they are cowboy mates!

I think they were trying to re-create the small gun the mad dog brought to the clock tower dedication.

Strange they have normal feet. I thought in one of the Q&A's we were told they would have the boot feet.

Yeah,

I remember the question coming up and DST stating that they would be included.

Too bad about the pistol & belt, especially since it was such a key plot device. Was it in the prototypes?

I've already made a quick fix to my BTTF 3 cowboys. If you have any extra For A Few Dollars More minimates, just swap out their boots, guns and holsters. They look much better. I'll post a pic after work today. Marty and Doc look way better! Mad Dog needs his boots painted to match his shin color though.

I've already made a quick fix to my BTTF 3 cowboys. If you have any extra For A Few Dollars More minimates, just swap out their boots, guns and holsters. They look much better. I'll post a pic after work today. Marty and Doc look way better! Mad Dog needs his boots painted to match his shin color though.

how many people really have extra for a few more dollars? those sold out in the first day at my LCS!

if you do have them please look at my want/have list so we can work out a deal. i will even take the man with no name with out boots. ;)

I was really looking forward to these, but I'm really disappointed. I mean, a painted on chest plate, 2 guns between them? All of the other BTTF mates have been fantastic, beautifully detailed with great accessories. As has been said, they should have had boot feet, DST said they would.

I really don't know if I'm gonna buy these any more which is a real shame for me.

Strange they have normal feet. I thought in one of the Q&A's we were told they would have the boot feet.

Yeah,

I remember the question coming up and DST stating that they would be included.

Too bad about the pistol & belt, especially since it was such a key plot device. Was it in the prototypes?

That was my question, and Chuck did assure us that they would have the "boot feet"...LAME!! As far as the pistol(s), Marty was holding the tiny derringer-looking gun; it was unclear what Mad Dog had as you could only really see the holster belt. Disappointing; I only ordered these to add to my Dollars 'mates. Oh well, looks like Doc's head will be used to complete my Classic BSG "Cain" custom and Marty's suspender/shirt piece for my Escape From New York "Cabbie" custom. ;)

As promised, here is a pic with Marty sporting cowboy boots, a holster and pistol. A vast improvement I must say. I guess DST just forgot these guys were cowboys. Too bad.

(click thumbnails)

th_CBM1.jpgth_CBM.jpg

I sure wish he had come packed with his western coat as an alternative with the poncho. (see pic below)

back_to_the_future_3.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

A Western Coat Marty paired with Ms. Clayton would make for a decent two-pack, especially since Marty gets to be in each two-pack.

I think we will see another set from DST. Who do we need?

1) Clara Clayton

2) Marty's Girlfriend - Jennifer Parker (ELIZABETH SHUE!!!!!)

3) Mr. Strickland (w/Chief Marshal James accessories)

4) Seamus McFly (Marty's immigrant ancestor)

This would be a nice set!

Hmm...A liitle bit less than I was expecting from these sets. Maybe they'll be more exciting in person.

MINI_MYTE, I'm getting the impression from your pictures that Marty's torso is reversable with just a shirt on one side and shirt-with-the-stove-door on the other. Is that the case or is it just a different torso in the part swap pic?

Edited by God Magnus

Hmm...A liitle bit less than I was expecting from these sets. Maybe they'll be more exciting in person.

MINI_MYTE, I'm getting the impression from your pictures that Marty's torso is reversable with just a shirt on one side and shirt-with-the-stove-door on the other. Is that the case or is it just a different torso in the part swap pic?

looks like Doc's shirt

looks like Doc's shirt

It is Doc's shirt! It just seemed to make more sense showing off the holster belt on Marty with the shirt rather than the steel plate.

I'm a little disappointed about the boots... but I like these BTTF sets a whole lot. My set from SciFigenre.com is on its way and I can't wait.

I really wish there was something to look forward to.... this is such a great license with a lot of cool potential, and it seems to have died on the table.

I'd like the following box sets:

Hill Valley of the Present with Rad suit Marty & Doc, Jennifer and Principal Strickland

Hill Valley of the future w/ older Marty, Marty's Daughter and future George (hovering upside down) and Griff Tannen

Old West Hill Valley w/ Clara, Clock-picture Doc & Marty and Marshall Strickland

I agree with you captain cbecker, the BTTF line did die on the table as of late. I mean come on DST.... Detention Marty McFly?! Why would that MM even be considered as a fourth pack-in in the BTTF 3 set? I really think that Clara Clayton would have been a more ideal choice. As for the old Biff / Marty 2-pack, Griff Tannen, with hover board would have been a head & shoulders choice over red t-shirt Marty. Just my opinion.

I agree with you captain cbecker, the BTTF line did die on the table as of late. I mean come on DST.... Detention Marty McFly?! Why would that MM even be considered as a fourth pack-in in the BTTF 3 set? I really think that Clara Clayton would have been a more ideal choice. As for the old Biff / Marty 2-pack, Griff Tannen, with hover board would have been a head & shoulders choice over red t-shirt Marty. Just my opinion.

Yeah - I'm a little on Marty overload, when so many unique characters have been left out. I would suspect that DST thinks that Marty has to be in a set to make it marketable.

If it were my call, I'd have changed the existing sets as follows:

BTTF 1 Box: No changes

BTTF.com Exclusive: Ok as is, but George & Lorraine may have been better together in the enchantment set

BTTF 2 Box: Swap 50's Marty (w/ hat) with Jennifer

BTTF 2 PX: Replace George (Move to BTTF.com set) and add Griff Tannen w/ Bulldog Hoverboard w/ 50's (Hat) Marty

BTTF 3 Box: Swap Suspenders Marty with Clara

BTTF 3 PX: Marshall Strickland & Future (Cane) Biff

I think I would have found better replacements for Suspenders Marty, Red Shirt Marty and 50's Marty.

• 1 month later...

Could I make a request to someone with the BTTF 1 and 3 box sets? If it isn't too much trouble, would someone who has both of these do a simple head swap with the BTTF 1 Marty and the Mr. Eastwood Marty, and take a picture of the BTTF 1 Marty with the Mr. Eastwood head? I'm considering buying the BTTF 3 set, just because that Marty head looks a lot more like Michael J. Fox to me, but I'm not sure if the positioning of the eyes, etc. will really look that good with the hairpiece from the BTTF 1 Marty (in which case, I might not buy it). Thanks in advance!

Edited by karamazov80

I can oblige.

Awesome. Thanks. I think that that looks a little more like Fox than the regular Marty does pre-modification. . .now there is another 'Mate that I need to track down.