UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More fodder for the cannons . . .

Like many of the newer folks around here, I've been lurking off to the side for a couple of months, reading about (and researching) my latest addiction. I had purchased a few minimates here and there in the past, mostly on sale. And while I liked those that I found, I wasn't really ever very excited about the idea of collecting them all. I was most drawn to the C3 DC characters, but was a little put off at the lack of characters offered at the time. Then, I found out about the new DC minimates and found my interest renewed. I started searching the Internet for fan sites and forums with up to date info, and was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled in here for the first time. So, I figured I might as well take the plunge and join the rest of you. Anyway, glad to be aboard.

James

Welcome! I'm new here too, so we young-uns have to stick together! I took a gamble on some clearanced LOTR 'mates and enjoyed them, but it's the BSG 'mates that have got me hooked full time!

Welcome aboard James,

That "just the odd few" will turn into a 'gotta have em all' addiction at some point... trust me :)

T.

p.s. NEVER trust a man who says trust me :D

"I just want this one! Oh, maybe this one too! OH GOD I'M BURIED PLEASE HELP!!!" The addiction grows fast...

I never was a completist. I walk into an Comic Shop then I see Spidey and Hulk minimates on a peg, so I picked them up. After a few days I started to have the itch. :blink: So now I just have to have all of them. :P For some reason I can't stop at just one.

Welcome to the boards!

I think my first pack was a Rhino/Captain America. I drove back to Tower Records that night and bought up every other character.

These have been called "plastic crack" for good reason. Welcome to the Boards!

This is a great community - kind of like Minimates Anonymous for the trurely addicted.

I just wanted Iroan Man. And no I'm not going to get the "rare Variant limited edition Stealth Iron Man". Well ok just the Marvel ones. Ok I'll get the DC ones too but just the figures not the vehicles too. Ok LOTR was kinda cool I guess I'll get those, but not the Streetfighter ones, well maybe just one of each, but who cares about the Kiss ones, oh an auction with all four? OOOOOH all of the Star Trek in one auction.... B)

I'll support what everbody else has said, it's an addiction that starts with just one, then it's just one more and that seems harmless but before you know it you're scouring ebay and spending money that you really shouldn't...

Welcome to the board from one newbie to another :D

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I guess "misery" really does love comapny. :rolleyes: This addiction is only my most recent in a long line of others, yet it is already proving to be just as compulsive a high as any other. Right up there with my compulsive Xevoz collection. And yes it does start with just one here or there and already I find myself frequenting the Internet looking for my next fix.