UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Joe Hill's Resident Evil Custom Extravaganza

I finally finished my Resident Evil customs, a project I started almost two years ago. I was initially inspired by Luke314pi's Resident Evil Customs, so I have been slowly working on them over the last 24 months. I tried to only have one version of each character, mainly to save space. I may eventually go back and do RE2 versions of Leon, Claire, Mr. X, and Ada; RE3 Jill; and RE Chris Redfield and Alexia. But these are good for now.

My favorite ones to make were The Nemesis and Hunk, just because they were out of the ordinary. "Shortening" Sherry so she looked like a kid was a new challenge for me also.

NOTE: All thumbnails are clickable for larger images.

Resident Evil Zero

Rebecca Chambers & Billy Coen

th_Rebecca-1.jpgth_Billy.jpg

Resident Evil 1

Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Barry Burton, & Albert Wesker

th_Chris.jpgth_Jill.jpg

th_Barry.jpgth_Wesker.jpg

Resident Evil 2

Sherry Birkin & Agent Hunk... Licker (added 7-4-11)

th_Sherry.jpgth_Hunk.jpgth_Licker.jpg

Resident Evil 3

The Nemesis (I found him a rocket launcher!), Carlos Oliveira, & Brad "Chickenheart" Vickers

th_Nemesis.jpgth_Carlos.jpgth_Brad.jpg

Brad was made just so I could recreate the scene where the audience first meets The Nemesis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah4DZfoJA4w

th_BradNemesisFight.jpg

Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Steve Burnside & Claire Redfield

th_Steve.jpgth_Claire.jpg

Resident Evil 4

Leon Kennedy & Ada Wong

th_Leon.jpgth_Ada.jpg

Any comments/criticisms/questions/ideas are welcome!

--Joe Hill

Edited by Joe Hill

Wicked awesome Joe! You just made a very cool series of customs. All you need are some Zombies intermixed with the humans and then you've got 5 or 6 waves on your hands. Very impressive.

Takes note of this DST.

Minimates + Capcom's Resident Evil = $$$.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Thanks for the compliments everyone, they are very much appreciated! I agree that DST could make a successful wave from Resident Evil, especially with the endless supply of Tyrants, Monsters, and of course Zombies. Now that I have finished the bulk of the Resident Evil main stars, I might try making some monsters and zombies... maybe a Plagas-infested mate. I ordered the Zombie decal kit from Luke' Toy Store. It will be my first attempt at decals, so wish me luck.

Additionally, using some Terror Dog parts, paint, and light sculpting... I made a Licker from RE2:

th_Licker.jpg

Any comments/criticisms/questions/ideas are welcome!

--Joe Hill

Edited by Joe Hill

Brilliant Licker! Great re-use of the Terror Dogs limbs. DST are fools if they don't try to go after this property. It's a gold mine waiting to happen.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I'm not familiar with the Resident Evil games, but those are some great looking customs. Love your Jill Valentine - is that beret sculpted?

And the Licker is a beautiful custom. Could we get a profile shot?

Thanks to everyone who responded with feedback! It feels good after working on these customs for a while (I kept putting them off, and neglecting to finish them). MINI_MYTE is a profile shot of the Licker (sorry, image is taken with iPhone):

photo.jpg

It was actually one of the easiest customs, just sculpt a brain, longer front claws, and a tongue. Everything else was non-detailed painting.

Edited by Joe Hill

Thanks to everyone who responded with feedback! It feels good after working on these customs for a while (I kept putting them off, and neglecting to finish them). MINI_MYTE is a profile shot of the Licker (sorry, image is taken with iPhone):

photo.jpg

It was actually one of the easiest customs, just sculpt a brain, longer front claws, and a tongue. Everything else was non-detailed painting.

Simple yet VERY effective. BTW, I am NOT a profile shot of a Licker. ;)

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Simple yet VERY effective. BTW, I am NOT a profile shot of a Licker. ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to insult you. :biggrin:

"Just sculpt a brain" - you make it sound so easy...

The brain was actually easier for me than the tongue! I kept making the tongue too curvy, too straight, too thin, etc. Then brain is mainly too masses lumped together, with toothpick lines:

th_stock-photo-wood-sculpture-of-a-brain-made-from-oregon-pine-1097152.jpg

If I can do it, anyone can.

Thanks to Luke's Toy Store, I was able to make some zombies for the characters to battle. They are mainly decals added to the 24 season 1 set, as recommended... along with some spare parts put together. I went wild with the blood and dirt paint, I wanted the zombiemates to look like they are vicious:

Zombies.jpg

The lab coat zombie on the left and the green blazer zombie on the right are supposed to loosely represent two classic zombies seen in Resident Evil 1:

th_Zombie_remake.jpgth_zombieoriginal.jpg

*I pretty much give all credit to Luke's Toy Store, since the decals provided worked perfectly for my project. I highly recommend them!

Edited by Joe Hill