UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Mutants lament

Polarboy

I for some reason today got around to pulling my Warlock minimate apart (Boredom probably). Anyway it turns out that under the chest and crotch pieces were some really nice Douglock bits. This now leaves me pulling my hair out screaming to the toy gods (metaphorically)about a couple of simple things that keeps this figure from greatness, The Right arm why oh why isn't the hand piece a slip on attachment like the left arm? yet oddly we have two hand pieces. Then of course It would be nice if we had of had included the boots, gloves and belt (with robo detail) to match the other guys, (of course Majik needs these as well(well she has the glove)). The thing that concerns me the most though is that we may never get a Moonstar or Magma figure and if we do they will be missing these features to save all of 3 cents a figure.

Unfortunately my friend, they (The New Mutants) will join the pantheon of incomplete minimate teams. I pray as well that we will see the other team members, but alas it was not meant to be. :(

you could look at that way, and I do certainly see your point old chum... but the fact they include the extra Douglock parts is a lovely touch in itself. Sure, it'd be nice to get all the various bits and pieces, but I don't know how much more they could've crammed into those New Mutants 2 and 4-packs.

I'm actually a bit surprised that out of all the New Mutants, we're missing Moonstar. She was a founding member and has always seemed like a pretty heavy presence in the comics.

I guess DST just figured Karma's presence was heavier :lol:

Dani Moonstar and Magma

It is so frustrating that these two could be cobbled together with existing parts so easily and Art Asylum have already created a demand for this 2 pack, that they probably wont bother doing.

I don't know. They've been trickling out those awful (sorry Nessex :P ) AOA characters bit by bit. 'Tis possible that the other New Mutants could be released at some point.

I don't think they have flat out refused to make them (never say never <_< ) but i thought i remembered them having said something about being 'finshed' with New Mutants for the time being.

I don't think they have flat out refused to make them (never say never <_< ) but i thought i remembered them having said something about being 'finshed' with New Mutants for the time being.

I'm thankful for what we've gotten so far. That being said, I'd love to see them do a 2-pack of Dani and Magma to complete the lineup! Hopefully in a future TRU wave!

On a Q&A a few months ago (probably last year), someone asked Chuck about those two, and he (quite honestly, to his credit) said he hadn't even considered them, but there's a good chance that we might see them down the road. This was before his more recent "no plans" comment, so we probably won't see them by the end of the year. Honestly, it's a bit baffling that they often begin teams without planning to complete them without thinking that collectors would want the whole team. I would have been fine without Karma, frankly, but not having Moonstar in the New Mutants is a big hole.

And a big :thumbsup: to Karamazov for pointing out how awful the AoA Minimates are!