UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The AA Board V2 would be 1 Year old today.

Yup, the service unavailable free IPB forum that has similarities to this one went live on the 16th of October 2005.

First it lived at

http://70.85.254.164/forum/

Then it died and moved to

http://70.85.44.56/forum/

I was tempted to change the MMMV skin to the AA one I made for the day but I thought against it (dont think people would be too happy).

Anyways, It came, it existed, it died.

Heres to the second major incarnation of the AA Board, it was good to us.

Actually I have some backups.

Not sure how old they are but I might poke through them at some point

That's good to know. I saved as many threads as I could and transferred them here thanks to Lurch who gave me the heads-up that the forum was being tanked again. I think it was Lurch...

It would be cool to get the "good threads" reposted here for the sake of posterity. Not sure what a "good thread" would be though!

What is the monkeys and Digger joke? I've seen it referenced many times but I'm outside this inside joke.

I goes back to days well in the past where after having ages without new info given to us that we were told on the AA site that we'd get some news on the what was coming from a toyshow in Hong Kong...

What we actually got were pictures of Digger and some other toy company guru's feeding monkeys on a mountain side.

So it sort of became an injoke, digger and monkeys....

T.

Except the in-joke wasn't very funny.

"We've got a Japanese company doing a 4-inch scale Trek line for Fall '05 with a convention exclusive that summer! We should have prototypes soon but in the meantime, here's a picture of Digger feeding some fucking monkeys we know you'll enjoy!"

Monkeys aren't the only primates in China who throw their own shit around like it was candy.

^^^Now that is funny! :lol:

I used to live in a place where apes used to throw shit around to, and were mildly entertaining to watch if you had fuck~all else to do, or were waiting for your taxi back to P&Os's Pond Princess, or some other floating nightclub. Put it this way, far more interesting than watching the plank warping slowly between dribbles of non~news from AA.

What did happen to that 4" Star Trek line anyway??

I guess that's another eternally unanswered question to rack up there with "Why do birds suddenly appear everytime you are near?" and "What happened to Rick Astley?"

:blink:

Anway, I wish to strongly encourage Ady to 'poke through' some of those old AA threads..just for a laugh.....and for old time's sake.

I'll leave it to your discretion as to what constitutes a good thread.............. :unsure: