UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wonder Woman TV show

Lurch77

Had I been asked if the Linda Carter WW show would have worked back in the 70's, I would have said no. Yet, I watched it for all its yummy Linda Carter goodness and quite liked it.

Do I think a modern version with a pretty lady cast as the lead would work? I'd still say no, however it might find a following as the LCWW did.

Frankly, I don't know how anyone watches commercial TV anymore. For every hour long show you get about 15 minutes of story and 45 minutes of lame commercials. Even with cable TV, I hardly watch anything anymore.

Frankly, I don't know how anyone watches commercial TV anymore. For every hour long show you get about 15 minutes of story and 45 minutes of lame commercials. Even with cable TV, I hardly watch anything anymore.

Well, I watch the DVDs most of the time :D

If you aren't watching some of the AMC stuff, then you are doing yourself a disservice IMO. Breaking Bad is as good as any movie you're likely to run across. Except there's more of it.

I really wish that someone somewhere would have the balls to do serious animated television in the prime time. Fox is the only ones who trust that animated shows can carry their weight. Cartoon Network was airing JLU in the evenings. If NBC had said "We're doing the Wonder Woman show like the animated movie" I would have been behind them 110%. As it is, I smell the stink of Smallville. :/

K80, there are only a handful of channels that I watch. Discovery, Nat Geo, and just about anything on AMC.

My wife has recently gotten into the Science Channel. . .sadly, because they are constantly playing episodes of "An Idiot Abroad" :D

To call that show educational is stretching the term just a bit.

Anyone else look at that picture and get a real 60s/70s vibe from the actress? I can't help but think they're going to rehash Lynda Carters (which in itself...did not take place in the 70s...) like the old rumors were.

I still think Colbie Smulders is perfect, but this girl might not be that bad. Interesting in seeing where this goes.

The size of Wonder Woman's boobs is definitely an important topic. Maybe they can devote a 2-part episode to it. :lol:

Kidding aside, why is it so hard to get a good Wonder Woman project going? I'd think a show where basically a female Superman is doing the superhero thing and showing off where a woman can be equally useful in an action hero role would do pretty well. Add in the drama of trying to balance a normal life with a heroic one and you'd cover all the angles. Instead, we get Wonder Woman's midlife crisis of infinite earths.

Of course, I've never read an issue of Wonder Woman, so maybe she does spend entire books worried about how fat she is and crying herself to sleep because Batman doesn't call. In that case, spot on guys.

The size of Wonder Woman's boobs is definitely an important topic. Maybe they can devote a 2-part episode to it. :lol:

Kidding aside, why is it so hard to get a good Wonder Woman project going? I'd think a show where basically a female Superman is doing the superhero thing and showing off where a woman can be equally useful in an action hero role would do pretty well. Add in the drama of trying to balance a normal life with a heroic one and you'd cover all the angles. Instead, we get Wonder Woman's midlife crisis of infinite earths.

Of course, I've never read an issue of Wonder Woman, so maybe she does spend entire books worried about how fat she is and crying herself to sleep because Batman doesn't call. In that case, spot on guys.

even though i have never read a wonderwoman comic either, i know this not to be true. if anyone here has read all-star batman than you know that that was the best, bad-ass interpretaion of wonderwoman ever and i think she deserves a show that incorporates that attitude, this isnt even DC's wonder woman anymore this is cougar town/that episode of smallville with the random female vigilante/moonknight... <_<