UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cleaning (Dusty) Minimates and shelves

I don't really dust mine at all, unless I pick one up for some reason and notice dust on its head. Options would be: 1) store them in a cabinet where dust won't get in very well; 2) tediously wipe each Minimate down with a cloth of some kind: 3) use some canned air and blow them all down.

Good luck in your efforts!

The few that I leave out on my desk (often months between play) get a decent amount of dust on them. Usually I get a Swiffer cloth and wrap the minimate in it and then just blow off the excess dust. But I have also thought about using a hair dryer (on low setting) or just dipping it in water and splashing it around for a little bit.

Whenever I get loose Minimates from whatever source (especially TM2 Dinobot :D ) I always..always ...immerse them in warm lightly-soaped water & lay them individually on a towel to dry naturally. I did this initially because I just wanted to make sure that they were initially clean before I ziplocked them. On one occasion I bought some from an ex-member here & they wreaked of cigarette smoke & I just struggled to get rid of the smell but in the end 'Olde Soapy' prevailed again......so ever since I've done it as a matter of course. The Minimates are absolutely unharmed in any way but there is a consequential benefit to the procedure which ,unless I'm very lucky, is that I rarely get problems with Minimates breaking & I'm convinced there is some sort of correlation.

Soap NOT detergent.