UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Queensland's floods

buttheadsmate

I've taken a great deal of interest in how these terrible floods have been developing mainly because I've spent quite some time in that particular area over the years. These were the scenes yesterday & the scenes are bloody frightening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12161502

Brisbane is threatened now & I know for sure that 'Cyc' lives there .....keep safe buddy !

Likewise I wish everyone in the area keeps safe and that any damage is to, property rather than lives.

Having been caught in serious flash flooding about a decade ago, I can totally emphasive with the guys involved in this. It felt quite bizarre and (as long as everyone is safe) surreal to hopelessly watch the building you are in become surrounded with water that just keeps rising, watching things float by, cars vanish under the water (yes mine included :( ) and being rescued and taken down a road I'd driven a few hours earlier by a lifeboat is something I'll never forget.

T.

Awful footage. Thankfully it's only cars. I know what an investment a car can be but at the end of the day it's just a thing.

Stay safe Aussies. Hope you and yours are all away from this disaster.

I think the death toll is at about 10 for the moment, with another 90 people reported missing.

The nation is in a bit of a state of shock right now.

Luckily for me, my family are all in safe areas, but i have been sending updates to me best friend who is overseas on holiday in south america to try and keep her informed.

Scary times.

Edited by Nessex