UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

so I was wondering...

By the time he's old enough to realize he's got a really nice collection in the display case, he'll (hopefully) think I am ONE cool mom :)

We think you're a cool mum, any mum that buys enough to play with and to keep safe is genius in my book.

It's really sad when I think of all the amazing toys I had as a kid that are now living like fossils in a garden somewhere or a landfill site. Especially when you see the same stuff going for crazy prices these days.

T.

Yeah, I'm kicking myself for most of the toys I had as a child. With as big an extended family as I had, I tended to get a ton of repeats of action figures and the like, but I never heard of selling anything I owned back then, so instead I'd have an army of Donatellos running around or something.

By the time he's old enough to realize he's got a really nice collection in the display case, he'll (hopefully) think I am ONE cool mom :)

We think you're a cool mum, any mum that buys enough to play with and to keep safe is genius in my book.

It's really sad when I think of all the amazing toys I had as a kid that are now living like fossils in a garden somewhere or a landfill site. Especially when you see the same stuff going for crazy prices these days.

T.

My mum's (mum... hehe) pretty awesome. She buys me stuff a lot, and helps me ship stuff, not to mention getting to the store. At least until I can drive (next year).

If I own a toy of any kind, I own it to play with. Period. I love Minimates, and playing with them, and I think I know why: they're so small, (and yet have such great articulation) you can have, like, a DOZEN of them on the battle field and kinda be playing with them all at once, whereas with Marvel Legends, you can have two, maybe three out and you still feel a little overwhelmed. Or at least, that's how it is with me. :D

Oh yeah. That's why my fifty marvel legends just lie there. After about 20, I got overwhelmed.

Oh yeah. That's why my fifty marvel legends just lie there. After about 20, I got overwhelmed.

Hah! That's so weird! You've got about fifty ML's? So do I! (54 to be exact)

Oh, I lost count :P . Actually, I'll count later.

Do I play with them? Yes, unless of course my wife is asking, in which case I "admire" them. Which then leads to the next question, "Why do you need to make sound effects if you're only admiring them?" :D

LOL thank you! swet baby jesus I was worried I might be a lone adult still making sound effects for play comforting to know I'm not alone in that :rolleyes:

I play with mine all the time! I usually do storylines that take a long time to finish, and they are usually X-men based.

thats reson i started collecting and then i started googleing to get customs this website hooked me in. but i didnt make a member ship untill the comic book contest ................but i never ended up making an entry :(

That's actually probably for the best, that you didn't make an entry. It sorta woulda looked like you had just shown up for free stuff...and we all know now you would never do a thing like that, don't we? ;)

Only kidding, Pyro, I have the utmost respect for you. :)

Occasionally i'll have little mini wars on my desk if i'm REALLY bored but most of the time they just stand in front of my monitor on display...

Although recently i've taken to carrying around the 3" Eddie for something to fiddle with when i'm bored and a lot of people have passed comment on how cool he is...

Like we didn't know this already :blink:

My dad used to tell me that when I was younger, he'd sit somewhere close by and listen to me play with my G.I.Joes or Star Wars figures. He said between the sound effects, character voices and storylines it was like listening to a radio drama or book on tape. I guess I've never really outgrown that feeling of needing sound effects when I "admire" my toys. Now if only I could figure out a way to do theme music, I'd be all set! :lol: