UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

so I was wondering...

does anyone else here actually play with their minimates?

haha I was just curious because it seems many people here are collectors

but I know that I love them for three reasons

a.) they's based on marvel superheroes

b.) they're toys

c.) they are downright cute.

but yeah, back to the point. I totally play with mine all the time. since I have my current lack of villians, every battle pretty much ends with the dark phoenix destroying everything

lol I used to do that all the time back when I was doing telemarketing. at that point though, the only ones I have were my bullseye (who someone yoinked) and battle-damaged daredevil. since I like bullseye more, he pretty much always won.

I play all the time. Mostly, they seperate into cliques. Villians, Dark Phoenix (antisocial), Avengers, Defenders (other heros like DD), and X-Men (everyone else hates them).

Oh, and wolverine is a member of all of em. (excluding Dark Phoenix :))

I play with them every now and then. I really wanna get my hands on the mega bloks spiderman vs venom set where you build the little city outta the blocks. Man I should've bought it when i had the chance. :angry:

I play with mine now and again, though not as much since I moved. Once I get my city rebuilt, I may do some more heroes vs. villains, or pit my Civil War customs against one another, but for the most part they stay on their designated shelves unless my little brother wants to play with them. He's 19 years my junior, so he takes better pleasure in just ramming the figures together in simplistic battle, whereas I design the story lines for our minimate wars.

I imagine I've said too much now.

I used to keep an extra Thing and Hulk in my pocket to play with whenever I got bored, but their hands and feet kept coming off in my pockets. So I superglued them on, which worked very well. Unfortunately they got lost during a snowmobile trip last year. I really should make another set...

I play with them, nearly all the time. Thats' why I buy them.

I don't just bash them together, I actually come up with Story Arcs and plotlines, which fuels my writing.

I've got a ton of City of Heroes fanfics and comic book-style sketches that derive from mixing and matching Minimate parts

In fact, my City of Heroes character is based on my Minimate version of him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If I own a toy of any kind, I own it to play with. Period. I love Minimates, and playing with them, and I think I know why: they're so small, (and yet have such great articulation) you can have, like, a DOZEN of them on the battle field and kinda be playing with them all at once, whereas with Marvel Legends, you can have two, maybe three out and you still feel a little overwhelmed. Or at least, that's how it is with me. :D

i often play with them too

i useually play merc for hire where constrictor, juggs, bullseye, sabretooth and deadpool murders everyone :)

it mostly ends when dp cops the 3 ince mates head off and all the other mercs are dead ;)

Good idea, Aapje, I otta try that Merc storyline...

My friend Richard and I have a story that we do a lot titled "Speed Racer Gone Mad/The Fall of Speed Racer". Basically, Speed Racer loses for the last time to Iceman, driving the Shooting Star. Then, after Speed loses, he goes a little insane, and steals the Shooting Star, subsequently shooting Iceman. It goes downhill from there, he starts drinking, he's on the lam from the law, and he hires Racer X as his personal bodyguard/assasin. It started out as a curiosity as to how Speed would look holding guns, and went on from there. :lol:

lol

thanks i have a weird sense of fantasie like my mom once said ;)

yours is cool too :D

i just dont have a iceman a speedracer a racer x or a friend called richard :)

Yes, and it just makes it twice as expensive!

I'm addicted to them too, just cuz they're so darn cute (what a 'girl' word!) but whereas I'm perfectly satisfied just to look at the little critters, I have to buy a second set for the little guy to play with (except for the obvious high-dollar collectible variants, exclusives, & such). Luckily, he's too young to realize there are *some* I'm holding out on him...b/c yes, he would just rip open a gold spidey and go to town on the bad guys!

Plus he's satisfied just having one of each character...except for Wolverine, which is good news for AA, b/c I think my son is the ONLY one who's NOT tired of Wolverine and his 18 zillion variations by now!

By the time he's old enough to realize he's got a really nice collection in the display case, he'll (hopefully) think I am ONE cool mom :)