UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2010 Christmas Battle Beast

Ivan

I was just checking the NYCC photos at the AA gallery and came across this new entry:

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/2010-holiday-battle-beast/

It looks like we are getting a "Santa Gator" this year. Even though it's yet another repaint I like it. It has an Iron Man-y feel. I hope it comes with a weapon accessory (a red one of these would be excellent:)). They probably didn't go to the trouble to tool a candy cane or anything that couldn't be reused. Hopefully it will be mentioned in the blog post whenever that shows up.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool, but the link's not coming up with anything for me other than an error.

You have to admit, the gator has to be the Minimate mold thathas gotten the most mileage before ever being available for sale. I can't wait to see the 'Free Comic Book Day' version...

Edited by groundhog7s

Love the color of the armor. It really pops against that shade of green. I've heard of the Santa specials, but never where they're available. How/where have all the other previous ones been released?

Generally, they're given to retailers and friends of DST, though a few tend to leak out to the occasional collector or eBay shopper.

If these things are usually just hats stuck on existing mates, I wonder if this is the gator colorway we'll see in the TRU wave? If not, I hope they use that metallic red for one of the other BBs, it's pretty rad...

We have only actually had one Santa Minimate,Santa Spidey, which in fact IS different from any other Spidey Minimate. I think we all agreed eventually that Santa Six wasn't actually 'official' & was just as you described "just a hat stuck on". The others have all been 'elves' & I think I'm right in saying that only Spock .....& only his hand was different. This therefore is only the second official Santa Minimate & must surely be called 'Santa Claws'.

Hopefully there is some way available to me to get this Santa Gator that doesn't involve ebay.

I would imagine that the principle behind Retailer Minimates is that retailers stocking DST products are rewarded with multiples of these which then theoretically get passed down the food chain to loyal customers. Whilst I know that this does happen ,more often than not it doesn't & I guess that's none of my business.

Ebay then.

We have only actually had one Santa Minimate,Santa Spidey, which in fact IS different from any other Spidey Minimate. I think we all agreed eventually that Santa Six wasn't actually 'official' & was just as you described "just a hat stuck on". The others have all been 'elves' & I think I'm right in saying that only Spock .....& only his hand was different. This therefore is only the second official Santa Minimate & must surely be called 'Santa Claws'.

I thought it was just a Wave 2 Spidey? My knowledge of these exclusives is obviously as fuzzy as their little hats... I do know the wacky hand that came with elf Spock also came with regular Spock. I'm still hopeful we'll see this gator hatless in a later release.

Minimate Central tells the story about Santa Spidey & tells it very well........ as always! A unique Minimate in so many ways ...having innovations such as C3 feet, torso peg & knee joints. Although it is similar it is so very different from the Wave 2 Minimate.

Interesting reading, especially the reversed knee joints, thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...