UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deathly Hallows Films

Trekker 42

Even if it was slightly missplaced, it was a decent place to cliffhang it-- really set the stage for something bigger in part 2.

I was quite surprised with how much I enjoyed this film.

I really enjoyed it, and cannot wait for the second part.

One thing is I felt was rushed was that the opening scene of everyone flying to the Weasley house. Especially with an important character's death (Moody), I felt that they could have showed the Death Eaters and all the Harry Potters battling (and the death of Moody).

i agree 100 percent mad eye is one of my favorites in the Harry potter universe -and they could have had so much fun with everybody flying around and it would have been awsome on the big screen to watch

I really enjoyed it, and cannot wait for the second part.

One thing is I felt was rushed was that the opening scene of everyone flying to the Weasley house. Especially with an important character's death (Moody), I felt that they could have showed the Death Eaters and all the Harry Potters battling (and the death of Moody).

i agree 100 percent mad eye is one of my favorites in the Harry potter universe -and they could have had so much fun with everybody flying around and it would have been awsome on the big screen to watch

I understand why you would want to see this but it's not something that even happens in the books. The narrative stays with the real Harry the whole time. Mad Eye's death is reported by Bill Weasley as it was in the movie.

Exactly MMM, thanks for pointing that out. My wife remembers more about the books than I do and said the same thing. Hopefully this means that we'll see more of

the battle of Hogwart's

in Part 2. That is something I really want to see :D

• 4 months later...

New Trailer (part 2)

Was anyone that didn't read the books able to follow the first movie (DH part 1)?* They literally bounced around all over the place. It was my least favorite of all the movies, thankfully Part 2 looks really good :thumbsup:

*yes I have read the books, just feel sorry for those that didn't that went to see that movie

• 2 months later...

To quote the Spill, Expecto Pafuckyeah! The second part of this film was possibly the best damn movie of the series, the must see movie of the summer, and holy freakin crap...

This film is awesome, pure and simple. I can't wait to see it again. I highly recommend it unless you are not familiar with Potter. Go see this film and enjoy yourself Potter fans. Damn good movie.

Definitely epic, but I don't think I'd call it best of the series. It was a great companion piece to the books and closed the action, but there were story elements that got ignored. In fact, the handful of people I know who saw it but have not read the books still don't understand the whole deathly hallows thing and why that was important. That did not impair their enjoyment of the movie, though, and I felt satisfied after seeing it

I liked,mainly because I was waiting for this film for about a decade now..I like that it had the back to the future style opening,picking a couple seconds before the last movie left off,Oh yeah and Neville longbottom finally had a good amount of screen time

I really enjoyed it but would have to say they put some unecessary things in there while leaving some explanation out for other things. . . . . .but wait that could be said for other 7 movies!

Overall this is a great movie, action packed, great closure to the series.