UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa?

Sadly its probably not to early to start thinking about this....

I think we should look at organising something like this for the community this year.

No idea where to start, or how we should run/enforce it...

Anyone fancy volunteering, need a couple of people whom are trustworthy and can spare some time to sort out lists etc, and to actually plan how to make this feasable - so if you've ran/been part of a similar thing on a forum before that would be great.

Drop me a line either here or in PM if you're interested in helping sort this out, for the rest of you who just want to participate, once we have something sorted I'll let you know where to sign up.

Cheers!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm.... Intriqued I am, pulling it off difficult it is.

The idea behind it would be pairing people up without them knowing then providing people with there addresses, so my suggestion is... all those wanting to be involved sends an email to one or two people who are always in constant contact with each other. This is going to sound tedious and very boring but effective, for all those that volunteered there address and name get split into two catagories, for example Minimate A and Minimate B.

The two who organised it, then select one name each from a list by writing down all the names into a hat, (there should be a deadline for the secret santa, so you dont get new additions say a week later) then once all the names have been paired up, the people who are paired up get sent a PM with the address of the individual they were paired up with. Ta da! Secret Santa.

The groups could be broken down further into four catagories, being A, B, C, D that way it can be broken down into four people, each sharing the work between them. So A and B would work together and C and D would work together.

There would also be the possibility to keep shipping costs low by deviding the world into grids, say Canada and Americans can only be secret Santas, Europe would be a section... and so on, and on.

There are many ways for this to be done, its basically getting it down to the right one for the board and how many members want to participate, I also suggest a limit to be spent present wise, as not everyone will have a huge amount of money as it wouldnt be fair if Timbo sent Fuji's a Harley (not gonna happen) and if Fuji's sends Timbo a Pair of socks :P So setting an amount would be idealistic you can spend under it but not over it ;)

Thats about all the thoughts I had, more to come if needed ;)

cheers,

Totalus

There are many ways for this to be done, its basically getting it down to the right one for the board and how many members want to participate, I also suggest a limit to be spent present wise, as not everyone will have a huge amount of money as it wouldnt be fair if Timbo sent Fuji's a Harley (not gonna happen) and if Fuji's sends Timbo a Pair of socks :P So setting an amount would be idealistic you can spend under it but not over it ;)

That's a must do. I'm not exactly full of money, but I'd love to participate.

Perhaps up the anti a little, no one under 40 posts? I mean yeah its a little unfair to all those under those limit... but I dont sell anything or buy anything all though the thing ive been sent has been greatly recieved that person knows who they are and I couldnt thank that person enough :)

As I too would like to participate as it would be fun <G>

cheers,

Totalus

Perhaps a limit on posts/feedback but exceptions can be made on a case by case basis, people like Kirby, TK, PL and others are well known and trusted by plenty of us so they should be allowed to enter regardless of feedbacl/post counts.

Thoughts?

Perhaps a limit on posts/feedback but exceptions can be made on a case by case basis, people like Kirby, TK, PL and others are well known and trusted by plenty of us so they should be allowed to enter regardless of feedbacl/post counts.

Thoughts?

There definitely is some that don't have masterfeedback that can be trusted.

Thoughts?

I do think we need a decent limit on posts and feedback though. No one wants to get stuck with someone untrustworthy. And if Ady can vouch for em, they're good in my book.

I like this idea. However, like you said, there are several things to be worked out.

I do have one suggestion though. To keep it fair, and shipping down, let's limit it to minimates. Every one make a list of their needs in a BST thread, but one that's only for this. That way, when some one gets a name, they can look at the list, see what the person needs, and send it. If you have some oen like Timbo there, who has them all, that's not a big deal. He still likes suprises, and he can always use custom fodder. Like they say, it's the thought that counts.

If we limit it to minimates, it also keeps down the defisite. Like, if I send Zombie 4 Marvel 2 packs, and he sends me a SF blind box. It's not that big a deal actually. There's not that much diffrence, and no one will care.

And I think I'm rapidly approching my ramble point. I like this idea, because I have no money, lots of spare toys, and Christmas is going to be tight this year. :P

Hey, what about something like Toys for Tots?

I think its a cool idea... but not everyone is gonna be able to walk the earth and pay vasts amounts if say Reideen needs a gold spidey and it was me who was lumboured with it. I wouldnt know where to start looking, neither would I pay the hefty prices of ebay to get it, yes its cool to get minimates for each other but I'm not sure that it should apply to everyone?

In all fairness I love minimates to bits theres only a certain few I would like to possess and not have a huge amass of them like some of you and use them as custom fodder, I'm in it for the fun so if I was paired up with Fuji's I wouldnt care what I got :P

However I can see where your coming from and does sound like a worthwhile idea since its a Minimate community and since some of us dont know each other like some of the regulars here it would be hard to get stuff for each other. Just my two cents.

cheers,

Totalus

Well that's what I was trying to prevent. I know there are people out there who have everything but Gold/Silver Spideys. Well... too bad. They ain't getin them from me. However, I would like to offer them a regular spidey because I love them so much. Or perhaps customize their favorite character. It's the spirt of the gift, not the bit of plastic itself.

See?

Yeah, me neither.