UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Skeleton Lords Sticker/Decal Kit

skeleton_lords-1.jpg

It's time for another Halloween-related decal kit! Last year was the Gruesome Ghosts Decal Kit, and this year brings the new Skeleton Lords Sticker/Decal Kit. There are 10 unique characters in this kit, and for the first time ever they are not geared towards any particular base minimates. This leaves you free to build a skeleton army of your choice, mixing and matching pieces as you go. Each kit includes a second set of stickers or decals, so you could potentially make 20 new customs from this kit! The characters are based on common minimate colors like white, black, red, blue, and green, so you shouldn't have any trouble matching these decals to some of your spare minimates.

Some of the characters are modified versions of the customs I sell in the store, and there are also brand new characters, such as the Skeleton Wizard:

skeleton_wizard_t.jpg

And now the big question: Stickers or Decals?

Decals are slightly thinner than stickers, and they more closely match the gloss of Minimate plastic. The stickers are glossier than Minimate plastic, but with a coat of dull acrylic spray paint, everything will match. Stickers are easier to apply than decals, and less time consuming. Decals are slightly adjustable after applying them, while stickers need to be applied in the perfect spot immediately. The nice thing about the stickers is that the top-of-head stickers included in this kit will cover up any holes in the heads of your existing minimates. So both kits have their advantages - the choice is up to you!

You can find these in the store here:

Skeleton Lords Sticker Kit

Skeleton Lords Decal Kit

Luke - the picture above of the Skeleton Wizard - is it using decal or stickers?

That one uses stickers. I didn't have time to spray him with clear coat, so he is still very glossy, which is why the black areas picked up some purple color from nearby.

I don't care what everyone else says about you when you're not here, you're top notch to me Luke.

What made you change your mind since the Luke hating PM rant you sent me yesterday?

A bribe of Zombie Alien Ninja Ghost Skeleton Lord decals cuts through even the toughest of hearts.

I don't care what everyone else says about you when you're not here, you're top notch to me Luke.

What made you change your mind since the Luke hating PM rant you sent me yesterday?

I admit the one you sent me before that kind of got me to change my opinion for a little bit, but yeah, a good bribe goes a long way.

Luke, I meant to ask you earlier, but have you ever considered doing a decal pack for 2.5 inch mates? I've always found 2.5" LOTR mates easy to find in bulk and always thought they'd make great generic monsters or something. Maybe a pack with a couple generic ideas and then a few that go with existing decal packs? Skeleton Lords could sure use some giant body guards...

I admit the one you sent me before that kind of got me to change my opinion for a little bit, but yeah, a good bribe goes a long way.

Luke, I meant to ask you earlier, but have you ever considered doing a decal pack for 2.5 inch mates? I've always found 2.5" LOTR mates easy to find in bulk and always thought they'd make great generic monsters or something. Maybe a pack with a couple generic ideas and then a few that go with existing decal packs? Skeleton Lords could sure use some giant body guards...

Karamazov, your bribe will be arriving shortly - a custom minimate of Whoopi Goldberg (nude version).

GH, I have never actually considered a decal pack for 2.5" mates, but that is a great idea. Like you said, it would be great for monsters, or even aliens and robots. There are some cool 2.5" parts that could be mixed in, like parts from Grodd and STRIPE.