UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 8 Fantastic Four

buttheadsmate

Well I got these home tonight & just had to share.....these are quite sensational but I hadn't realised how far these were going to be different from the prototypes.

post-638-1283458191_thumb.jpg

Is it me or does Reed look a tad old?

post-638-1283458331_thumb.jpg

I really love the bulked- up Thing....although I think they may have used the wrong trousers?

Check out those army builders......eat your heart out Groundhog ;)

post-638-1283458229_thumb.jpg

What can I say?

post-638-1283458279_thumb.jpg

These are perhaps my favourite Minimates thus far & despite my misgivings about TRU these are just beautiful.

Negative Zone Torch.........I loved that series.

post-638-1283458379_thumb.jpg

Edited by buttheadsmate

:lol:

Cracklin good customs, Gromit!

I love me some cheese:

cheese700_1238272c.jpg

____

Edit: OK. Everybody knows that a frog dies whenever you explain a joke, but: Do you remember back in the days, when posting an image of cheese was the nice way to share the opinion that a new thread is completely random? Man, I wonder who came up with that awesome idea! Anyway, since this thread is completely random AND Wallace and Gromit do love some cheese, I couldn't resist. Nice, really nice customs anyway, BHM.

Edited by Bob Harris

I just wanna know where you got all those W&G figures!? :D

Great mash-up, bhm. Where did those figures come from?

I've had two of these W & G figures for years ....pre-my-Minimates-era ,,,,I think they were free with some tea promotion....sounds a bit like the way you guys got America ;)

Anyway....I noticed a while back that they were almost compatible in scale with Minimates , so I bought a job lot on UK ebay & for the price of a Hulkbuster Minimate set I got a load of these. A couple of nights back 'Flame Wars III' was abroad this forum ....which I hate.....so I logged off & went to business with my electric drill & knife. I know how to handle both these tools having seen all 4 seasons of Dexter back to back over the last few weeks ......twenty minutes later I had the FF.

In reality ( ?) I have always harboured a longing to really get into customising but I currently lack the time to pursue it...... these 'cut & shuts' are great fun to do quickly.

As long as the cheese doesn't go too mouldy I'll try some more ;)

Thanks for the fun comments just remember................Happiness is a choice .

this made me smile because W&G is one of my favourite things in the world and i want to work with aardman one day.

the combination of these and minimates (one of my other favourite things) is purely spectacular