UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The un-Official AOA Minimates thread

Chronotrigger

i think Axel has been doing great job of reuniting the x-men universe into the large scale crossovers of the 90's these last few years.

In fairness - i did think that the Second Coming cross-over was one of the best-written events in recent times. Possibly the best thing since AoA.

Back on topic - I wouldn't be surpised to see Nate either honestly. He was an important part of the initial story and one of only 4 characters to cross over into the 616. He had his own monthly title & has recently been active again in Dark X-Men.

I'm hopeful for a Sugarman too - but i'm even more hopeful for a Holocaust. He'd make one bad-ass Minimate.

EDIT: The other 3 that crossed over to the 616 were Dark Beast, Sugarman and Holocaust.

Edited by Nessex

off topic question based on looking at the crazy wolverine hair: have we gotten a feral super hairy post AoA Wolverine yet? That hair would be perfect for the "non mask" look he had in that phase.

I... I've never actually read AoA. is it any good? :unsure:

I'm not an X-Men fan. As a matter of fact, I don't think The X-Men have been any good since before the Siege Perilous but that's just me. That being said, AoA was a lot of fun. It was a great big What If. It had some cool new takes on some old characters and some great new characters too. I have not read those issues since so I don't know how they've held up over the years but at the time it was quite refreshing. That's my 2 cents.

off topic question based on looking at the crazy wolverine hair: have we gotten a feral super hairy post AoA Wolverine yet? That hair would be perfect for the "non mask" look he had in that phase.

You mean when Wolvie was sporting that blue dew rag over his eyes and head? I think that was after he lost the adamantium right? If so, I'd be down with getting that variant. Hmmm using Tarantulas mask you cold do a custom of that look...

Edited by Rheul

You mean when Wolvie was sporting that blue dew rag over his eyes and head? I think that was after he lost the adamantium right? If so, I'd be down with getting that variant. Hmmm using Tarantulas mask you cold do a custom of that look...

we could also get the hair from 90's Beast's arms colored black and also try and find something for that barefoot & hairy lower body look.

i think Axel has been doing great job of reuniting the x-men universe into the large scale crossovers of the 90's these last few years.

In fairness - i did think that the Second Coming cross-over was one of the best-written events in recent times. Possibly the best thing since AoA.

Back on topic - I wouldn't be surpised to see Nate either honestly. He was an important part of the initial story and one of only 4 characters to cross over into the 616. He had his own monthly title & has recently been active again in Dark X-Men.

I'm hopeful for a Sugarman too - but i'm even more hopeful for a Holocaust. He'd make one bad-ass Minimate.

EDIT: The other 3 that crossed over to the 616 were Dark Beast, Sugarman and Holocaust.

Like this?

Holocaust3a.jpg

HE's Awesome. Is he one of yours? I'd love to see AA do something similar but in a translucent yellow/orange plastic!

tanslucent would be the way to go. sadly the sunfire isn't :( That pic sucks because it doesn't catch the yellow highlights that were dry brushed on to give him a fiery look.

Yeah I did him and these other AOA customs as part of a group commission in maybe 2004/2005. Sadly I wasn't smart enough to make them in duplicate so I don't have any of them for myself. I did the four horsemen though sinister was 616 version. I did Archangel, Sinister, Apocalypse (all 616) and Holocaust, Rasputin, Abyss from AoA.

AOARasputin1.jpg

Abyss.jpg

Mr.jpg

IMO all these need to be made if they do enough AoA...give us the Four Horsemen!

Potty talk!

I think this is a case of the accessory doing an injustice. That lower line has got to be her ribcage. Otherwise she has some seriously deformed boobs. Despite what Emma Frost might say, Jean doesn't have udders. I think the shoulder/collar piece has kind of messed up the proportions.

That lower line has got to be her ribcage. Otherwise she has some seriously deformed boobs. Despite what Emma Frost might say, Jean doesn't have udders.

Agreed - i think the lower line is the rib-cage too. The middle line is meant to be shading on the under side of the breast - but it doesn't meet up quite right

Edited by Nessex

They don't meet up, because they're not the bottom of her breasts. They're the "shine" on the middle of them. Like Chazwinski said. As seen in the pic I posted. She has no ribcage detailing.

When I look at that pic, I see ribcage detailing. (The orange arrows point to bottom of ribcages and the pinks ones to the boobs.) It could well be that you are right and the 'mate had no ribcage detailing. That's just what I see when I first look. In the group pic on the first page, it looks more like the lower line is boob, but the shading line is still way off. Either way, it seems to be a less than perfect design.

post-850-1283370742_thumb.jpg

Edited by Turtle

• 2 weeks later...