UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Inception

minimadman

So you're saying that Kick-Ass was better than Toy Story 3? Or did you just miss Toy Story 3? Either way, MOVIE BLASPHEMY! :P

I actually haven't seen TS3 yet. It's still playing here so i'm gonna check it out this weekend.

Unrelated question: Who do you think is your favorite character from the film? After a couple of viewings, for some reason I've really taken a shine to Eames as a character. What can I say? The man's hilarious.
I thought it was a shame that Michael Caine didn't get to have a more active role, cause i think he's a great actor.

Gotta agree with you NorthRaider. I thought Eames was charming, damn funny & pretty easy on the eyes as well ;)

See this people? Inception is what I go to the movies for. I want to go to think, not kick back and relax.

Wow, I'm... I'm impressed.

:P

I saw it twice and I really enjoyed it both times!

And here come the black bars:

I think, the whole movie is a dream. Everything we see is Cobb dreaming. When Mal jumped off that roof top, she was right. He never left. Isn't it pretty odd, that his kids in the end sit there at the exact same spot doing the exact same thing? That's because he's still dreaming. Wasn't it odd that Saito was there to rescue him in Mombasa right after he got through that very claustrophobic allyway? That's because he's still dreaming and never woke up. This is highly over-construed, but did you listen to the main-theme? It's a very, very slowed down version of Piaff's song they used to time their "kick". It's like he's still in a sub-level of dreaming (limbus?) where he can listen to it, but doesn't realize it anymore. You can listen to it here youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQ0C4qDvM.

See this people? Inception is what I go to the movies for. I want to go to think, not kick back and relax.

Wow, I'm... I'm impressed.

:P

I saw it twice and I really enjoyed it both times!

And here come the black bars:

I think, the whole movie is a dream. Everything we see is Cobb dreaming. When Mal jumped off that roof top, she was right. He never left. Isn't it pretty odd, that his kids in the end sit there at the exact same spot doing the exact same thing? That's because he's still dreaming. Wasn't it odd that Saito was there to rescue him in Mombasa right after he got through that very claustrophobic allyway? That's because he's still dreaming and never woke up. This is highly over-construed, but did you listen to the main-theme? It's a very, very slowed down version of Piaff's song they used to time their "kick". It's like he's still in a sub-level of dreaming (limbus?) where he can listen to it, but doesn't realize it anymore. You can listen to it here youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQ0C4qDvM.

I actually proposed the same thing to my family. They didn't go for it, but I'm not convinced the entire thing wasn't... that way.

To be perfectly honest my dad said he wasn't that impressed by the movie, and my brother slept through much of it. But hey, at least it's a step in the right direction for Hollywood. (Also, it's surprising how much watching a lot of Doctor Who can acclimatize you to this sort of thing :lol:)

Also, two fun infographic charts for the movie.

To be perfectly honest my dad said he wasn't that impressed by the movie, and my brother slept through much of it. But hey, at least it's a step in the right direction for Hollywood. (Also, it's surprising how much watching a lot of Doctor Who can acclimatize you to this sort of thing :lol:)

Also, two fun infographic charts for the movie.

Yeah - my best friend said he found it entirely to linear & boring. I think he's just very hard to please.

For a mainstream hollywood film, i think it was pretty damn good.

Love the second graph you've found. very cute. I think i'm gonna go see it again today with a different mate :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...