UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Liney's Designs & Customs - She-Hulk advice

So I made a decal with your second Titania design last night, but I'll update it with the new changes. I also managed to find a bigger image via your DeviantArt gallery, which will make the finished decal much sharper. BTW, I liked your "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" dress! I know nothing about fashion, but I think my wife would wear that. happy.png

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks! Yeah who would've thought that nail polish would be the perfect paint effect to make her really pop.

Thinking of doing the characters from Sliders next.......but starting a new thread soon.

As far as your ice cream box display I'd recommend either Luke's new striking dioramas or the crystal clear display cases from hobby lobby to put them in.

So I made a decal with your second Titania design last night, but I'll update it with the new changes. I also managed to find a bigger image via your DeviantArt gallery, which will make the finished decal much sharper. BTW, I liked your "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" dress! I know nothing about fashion, but I think my wife would wear that. happy.png

Yeah, all my stuff is up on DA, feel free to to use the sharper images off there if they are better.

Thank you for the kind words abut the dress, it was one of the first things I made on my degree blush.png

Thanks! Yeah who would've thought that nail polish would be the perfect paint effect to make her really pop.

Thinking of doing the characters from Sliders next.......but starting a new thread soon.

As far as your ice cream box display I'd recommend either Luke's new striking dioramas or the crystal clear display cases from hobby lobby to put them in.

I did see your thread, however I have no idea who the Sliders are, sorry. The polish really did make it pop, the sculpted breasts were a surprise I must admit!

The only mates I have displayed are the Trek ones, and they're on a model of the bridge, I just toy with the rest when I should be doing more important things.

Edited by Liney

Titania made me want an Absorbing Man to go with her, as the original is a little scarce now and wasn't great, in my eyes, I whipped a new design up, avoided showing his powers on his face and chest to allow alternate arms and legs to be swapped in to show it. Thinking metal and stone arms, and maybe a brick leg?

Tried out a different approach on the face too, opposed to basing it on already existing pieces I drew it (many times) from scratch. Pretty happy with it too!
Not sure if he needs a chest piece or not, I don't think he needs to be Hulk-sized, so I did one with a small chest piece if this one doesn't look right to anyone else. Also can't decide between black and white stripes or purple trousers/pants.

absorbing_man_minimate_design_1_by_lord_

absorbing_man___basic_chest___coloured_b

Edited by Liney

Nice Absorbing Man.thumbsup.gif

Here's the decal I made out of Liney's Titania design. I changed the color a bit to better match the paint I have (Citadel's Warlock Purple). I just finished painting her, and she looks pretty swell. This really is great work, Liney. If DST doesn't give you a call to do some design work, they're missing out.

post-1943-0-40288900-1362541343_thumb.jp

Thanks guys. I went with Boyd's suggestion of purple, now he and Titania match biggrin.png

Hellpop I would love to see a pic of Titania when you have her finished, I think I like the colour you've used even better than what I chose.

Edited by Liney

Didn't Absorbing Man carry around a ball and chain? (not referring to Titania- heh) or I'm I just remembering the trading card from the 90's set?

post-3472-0-72791300-1362578832_thumb.jp

Side note- how do you make pictures larger? Ever since the new site's been up-my old way of linking images from photobucket was dropped. sad.png

Edited by Jeff

Thanks guys. I went with Boyd's suggestion of purple, now he and Tiitania match biggrin.png

Hellpop I would love to see a pic of Titania when you have her finished, I think I like the colour you've used even better than what I chose.

She turned out nicely, if I do say so myself. I'll try and snap a pic today. No spikes, though. I wanted to try out the toothpick trick, but I can't seem to find our toothpicks!mad.gif

For decal colors, I try and use the colors found on official Minimate design sheets; that way I can be (reasonably) sure they match up with the pieces I'm using. You can find a bunch at the Art Asylum web site (or at least you used to be able to, before the redesign), and Iron Cow has a bunch at his web site. But just doing a google search for "Minimate design sheets" usually reveals a treasure trove of templates.

He does indeed Jeff, the existing mate did come with one, so I didn't attempt to draw it. It also means they one they can use with the Wrecking Crew...

The image on the card is what I'm trying to base the alternate limbs on actually.

Hellpop, no need to hurry, glad she turned out ok for you. And thanks for the tip on picking colours. I was going to just print a copy of the decal on paper and try to mix paint to match, your idea is way easier.

Side note: Does Absorbing Man need some five o'clock shadow?

Edited by Liney

Powered Up Absorbing Man using alternate designs for limbs. Metal left arm form holding the chain of his wrecking ball, rock right arm (based off of Thing minimate texture) and brick legs. Five o'clock shadow added this time round.

Does the join between the bricks and the purple look odd to anyone else? Whatever way I tried looked off :/ The same with the silver arm, which I just made solid silver.

absorbing_man___basic_chest___powered_up

absorbing_man___basic_chest___powered_up

*update 08/03/13*absorbing_man___basic_chest___powered_up

Edited by Liney

Very cool design. I like how the rock arm fades to his skin. Maybe something like this would work on his metal arm, too? And sinced you're not really satisfied with the solid silver, maybe some reflections will help. I like what DST did with the black and white highlights on Colossus' arms (minus the horizontal lines).

*updated and added to previous post*

At the suggestion of both Jeff and Bob Harris I put a bit more work into the silver arm, added some skin at the shoulder and some light marks.

Edited by Liney

While there were more suggestions for a Mimic design, I couldn't work out how to show all his powers, but I did see a couple of pretty awesome QC's over on the Marvel board which looked great.

Instead I tried my hand a Living Laser, took me a few hours over a couple of snowy days. I sort of guessed at the sides and back of his mask. The handbook shows the eyebrow band thing going all the way around while peoples customs only have it at the front. If anyone can help with that it would be great.

living_laser___cleaned_up_by_lord_liney-

living_laser___coloured_by_lord_liney-d5

Edited by Liney

buttrock.gif

A favorite of mine, and one of my top ten most wanted. Looks like you nailed him; can't wait to see the colored version. Love the face! What a great snarl!

His headgear does indeed go all the way around, though I think it looks fine if just shown from the front.