UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Some Minimates News

AdyCarter

Thanks to a well placed source I have some answers to some of those burning questions people have....

Q: How many Cylons per case?

A: 12 pieces in each case 5 different designs.

Q: Will the Cylons be blind boxed?

A: NOT BLIND BOX! NEVER said they were people ASSUMED! One case gets you at least one of each.

Q: How close are we to seeing Marvel Wave 12/13? (release date?)

A: They are on the water now!

Q: Will there be a Marvel wave 14?

A: YES! News on that sooner then anyone thinks.

Q: Will we see a Street Fighter...Wave 2?

A: NOT SURE

Q: Is there a P2 Lillith in the JP blind boxes?

A: Can't recall I'd have to dig out the old sheets.

Q: Trek Mates, will they happen, anything you can share?

A: seen some new stuff recently!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow great to have answers to so many big questions in one place!

Ady, thank your source for us and tell them that we appreciate the answers and that the news on BSG cylons means I'm going to be buying several extra cases as a thanks!!!

T.

Yes Thank the Source. I'm extremely pleased the Blind Packaging Speculation is dead and we can have peace with at least a 1:12 ratio on the chase cylons. Yep like Timbo, this means I will be getting some mucho cylons. :)

Hopefully 12/13 gets here soon, they're past due. :P

Woo Hoo!!

Great detective work there Ady!

One question:

What does "on the water" mean? Will they be in Previews again? Or will people who ordered them all of a sudden get them on their doorstep? :huh:

Pfff... And you guys were worried about the future of Minimates... :rolleyes::P

"On the Water" means it's on the boat from China to the USA... which means we'll most likely see them in the next month or so... :)

T.

Sounds like a great title to me Ady, The Source...Find out the latest news in the world of Mates ;) As others have said, thank your source for the information. Looking forward to this being a regular thing on the forum :)

On the water is great news! Sooner then any one thinks on wave 14? Hmmm... This means 2036 insted of 2037, right?

I think news that there will be a wave 14 is sooner than some people thought. My prediction, a wave of catch up, including Thanos, Iron Fist, Power Man, and others. My hopes are on a villain heavy load though.

As for news in general, was that so hard? If someone official would have just posted that stuff over in the AA forums, maybe a lot of our fear and panic would have eased. Thanks Ady, for getting the answers we seek. Your source on the inside is much appreciated.

Thanks to a well placed source I have some answers to some of those burning questions people have....

Q: How many Cylons per case?

A: 12 pieces in each case 5 different designs.

Great. Maybe I'll buy some of the classics. Any word on why they're so damn expensive?

Q: Will the Cylons be blind boxed?

A: NOT BLIND BOX! NEVER said they were people ASSUMED! One case gets you at least one of each.

Then why not come out and squash the assumptions when they saw they were posted instead of waiting this long?

Q: How close are we to seeing Marvel Wave 12/13? (release date?)

A: They are on the water now!

Cool. Next question. How long til we get a wave that I'm interested in, rather than all these repaints of already existing figures?

Q: Will there be a Marvel wave 14?

A: YES! News on that sooner then anyone thinks.

But, will we care about it or will it be Cap, Wolverine and Spidey heavy? Maybe a new Iron Man to round out the Civil War tie in?

Q: Will we see a Street Fighter...Wave 2?

A: NOT SURE

This is the one thing that'll keep me from buying the 4 packs at TRU. So far, we've got less than half a set of SF figs. Without Ken, Guile, Honda, Blanka, Dhalsim and Zangeif, it's just not worth it IMO. That's not even counting Balrog, Vega, and Sagat. If you're only going to do the job half way, why do it at all? With a line like this, it would have been smarter to get retailers to submit orders for the entire line, rather than just the initial wave. If that wasn't feasible, than maybe they shouldn't have gone forward with the line.

Q: Is there a P2 Lillith in the JP blind boxes?

A: Can't recall I'd have to dig out the old sheets.

So, happy hunting.

Q: Trek Mates, will they happen, anything you can share?

A: seen some new stuff recently!

As in, I opened a file cabinet that I haven't opened in over a year and there were the style sheets, or as in, I saw prototypes of figures and boxes?

Thanks for getting some answers Ady, but for me, it just raises more questions.

On the water is great news! Sooner then any one thinks on wave 14? Hmmm... This means 2036 insted of 2037, right?

I think news that there will be a wave 14 is sooner than some people thought. My prediction, a wave of catch up, including Thanos, Iron Fist, Power Man, and others. My hopes are on a villain heavy load though.

As for news in general, was that so hard? If someone official would have just posted that stuff over in the AA forums, maybe a lot of our fear and panic would have eased. Thanks Ady, for getting the answers we seek. Your source on the inside is much appreciated.

Great news! And that wave 14 sounds like a great idea! PM and IF for all! (mostly me)

This is the one thing that'll keep me from buying the 4 packs at TRU. So far, we've got less than half a set of SF figs. Without Ken, Guile, Honda, Blanka, Dhalsim and Zangeif, it's just not worth it IMO. That's not even counting Balrog, Vega, and Sagat. If you're only going to do the job half way, why do it at all? With a line like this, it would have been smarter to get retailers to submit orders for the entire line, rather than just the initial wave. If that wasn't feasible, than maybe they shouldn't have gone forward with the line.

That's precisely the reason that you should buy them. It's my understanding that wave 1 didn't sell too well (mostly due to not being available anywhere, I'm sure) which is what brought the question of when wave 2 would be released. Now, we get Street Fighter 4-packs in stores. This is the final test to see if there's interest enough to keep making Street Fighter mates. If they sell well, then the line can move forward. If they don't, well, there's always Speed Racer, right?

That's precisely the reason that you should buy them.

And I should exercise more, eat less red meat, get more than 6 hours of sleep each night and floss after each meal. Doesn't mean I'm going to do any of the above.

It's my understanding that wave 1 didn't sell too well (mostly due to not being available anywhere, I'm sure) which is what brought the question of when wave 2 would be released.

And that's my (or any other 'mate/SF fan's) problem, how exactly? Isn't it AA's job to sell these things to retailers to get them in front of fans? I don't have to buy anything.

Now, we get Street Fighter 4-packs in stores. This is the final test to see if there's interest enough to keep making Street Fighter mates.

Great. Hope the line makes it. If I see a Ken or Blanka on store shelves, I might just go back and pick up Series 1. If not, I guess I'll save my $$.

If they sell well, then the line can move forward. If they don't, well, there's always Speed Racer, right?

Yet another line I really couldn't care less about after reading the numerous reviews both here and elsewhere. If AA isn't going to put out a quality product (or a complete line) then why should I continue to spend my $$ on their product at all?

Look at it this way.

Lets say Trek mates come back. But, AA cannot make Kirk or Spock. They've decided to leave those characters for wave 2, in hopes that fans will buy all of wave 1 to get to wave 2.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Retailer support isn't there, the only place to really get ST wave 1 is online retailers and Ebay, so they don't sell as well as hoped.

Being one of those fans who didn't buy wave 1 in the first place, would you buy them anyway, just to have a hope of getting Kirk and Spock?

For me, after seeing some of the mind boggling marketing attempts made (or, not made) by AA - like spending $ making a Batman C3 commercial that never aired on TV as an example - I don't have a whole lot of confidence in seeing SF wave 2, so I'm gonna pass.

Thanks anyway AA.

If SF2 are a success at mass, its possible future waves would be created purely from demand for mass, or at least reading between the lines I get that impression.

I greatly appreciate my source(s) and I know a lot of you would rather you got this news via official channels, but hey we take what we can get (and it makes me feel special :P)

If people have any other burning questions please drop me a PM, heck I managed to solve the blue frodo puzzle after all this time, Im sure I can help some more...

Don't get me wrong Ady - I appreciate hearing the news. I just think, like always, there are things AA could - no, SHOULD - do better.

Communicating with fans who have supported them thru misstep and miscommunication, is at the top of the list. Getting the things out they say they're getting out, when they say they'll be out, is a very close 2nd. Hiring a competent marketing professional is third, but that's more for the continued life of the company than for the fans- who would benefit indirectly.

Sorry for the rant - I'll shut up now. :D

Hey, I wasn't trying to get you stirred up Reideen. And I can understand your point of view. I don't agree with all of AA/DST's business decisions. Speed Racer, Rocky, and Kellogg's remain a bane to my existence. But from a strictly business standpoint, no one could justify making an entire line of the countless characters from the Street Fighter games if you can't sell any of them. If the first wave can sell in some capacity, then we can see more characters. And with the wide range of characters they could choose from, its always likely that they not get everyone's favorite character in the first wave. I've seen as many Darkstalker fan's buying this line as I have SF.

I never meant to imply that you had to buy anything, I was just saying the reason you said not to buy was the reason why people should buy. Lines that make money stay around a lot longer than those that don't.

AA/DST have a ton of mistakes under their belts and at the moment they seem to be turning a corner. We're starting to see things in stores. We're finally seeing some movement on new lines like BSG and (ugh) Speed Racer. The "new" Marvel stuff is coming soon. The next few months are going to make or break things for a lot of the die-hard fans of minimates in general. Best we can do now is support them these next few months and see what lies ahead.

Hey, I wasn't trying to get you stirred up Reideen. And I can understand your point of view. I don't agree with all of AA/DST's business decisions. Speed Racer, Rocky, and Kellogg's remain a bane to my existence. But from a strictly business standpoint, no one could justify making an entire line of the countless characters from the Street Fighter games if you can't sell any of them. If the first wave can sell in some capacity, then we can see more characters. And with the wide range of characters they could choose from, its always likely that they not get everyone's favorite character in the first wave. I've seen as many Darkstalker fan's buying this line as I have SF.

I never meant to imply that you had to buy anything, I was just saying the reason you said not to buy was the reason why people should buy. Lines that make money stay around a lot longer than those that don't.

AA/DST have a ton of mistakes under their belts and at the moment they seem to be turning a corner. We're starting to see things in stores. We're finally seeing some movement on new lines like BSG and (ugh) Speed Racer. The "new" Marvel stuff is coming soon. The next few months are going to make or break things for a lot of the die-hard fans of minimates in general. Best we can do now is support them these next few months and see what lies ahead.

No problem DB. Sorry if I came across too harsh.

The bigger issue is that we (not necessarily you and I, but 'mate fans in general) were having a very similar discussion last year at this time with speculation about new DC 'mates, BSG was on the horizon and, like usual, there was talk of 2" Trek coming back.

I'm tired of AA talking about how great things are going to be. I wish they'd start showing me how great they are.

Next thing you know, AA will send emails out to all the potential licencees they have on board for 'mates, blaming a power outage and a wiped hard drive for the delays in, well, everything, like another company, who shall remain nameless, is doing.

There are differences between AA and said nameless company, but with the constant delays and broken promises, they're getting fewer and fewer IMO.