UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

7.2 Magnitude in Southern California

BrobotC

Did anyone feel the earthquake in Southern California?it was a 7.2 Magnitude and hit the lower Baja California area .I was pretty freaked out when my house started to shake but now im fine.It started at 3:40 today and lasted for thirty seconds ,after that there was at least 8 after shocks, but it ended now.

anyone else in the Southern California area feel this?

Longest quake I've ever felt. Not trying to be manly, but I wasn't fearful for my life at all. My laundry machine was running and I was next to it near the beginning and didn't think much of it until I walked away and got confused when the shaking didn't stop. I live in San Diego and my place is on the ground floor so it didn't seem too bad for me. No stories about injury/damage on my end. Hopefully same for others around here too.

Natural disasters suck. Having lived in the southeast U.S. my whole life, I know how bad hurricanes can be, but at least you can see them coming.

That's why I'm never leaving Texas. A hurricane or 2 a year is a pittance compared to freezing, flooding, shaking or twistering away.

Glad to hear y'all in CA are okay. :)

Another earthquake hit again. A 5.5 aftershock of that long one we just had a few days ago. Anybody else in SoCal felt it?

Apparently this wasn't an earthquake... Aaron just dropped his wallet :)

I really don't miss the earthquakes from SoCal... the sun yes, the earthquakes not so much...

T.

I was watching the news, and Diane Sawyer was interviewing some scientist who said we usually get 17 strong magnitude earthquakes a year, but no one notices them because they're in the middle of nowhere (like the ocean). We've had 4 this year, but they've all been in populated areas. That's why it looks like it's worse right now. It's really not. (Unless you live in those areas)

I was watching the news, and Diane Sawyer was interviewing some scientist who said we usually get 17 strong magnitude earthquakes a year, but no one notices them because they're in the middle of nowhere (like the ocean). We've had 4 this year, but they've all been in populated areas. That's why it looks like it's worse right now. It's really not. (Unless you live in those areas)

That's just what the Mole People what you think. Lull us all into a false state of security and then - EARTHQUAKE! And we're all underground and working in their diamond mines.

I'm on to you, Mole People...