UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimate Venting Thread

Jatta Pake

Welcome to the venting thread! Express your frustration here about the lack of DC Minimates and DC Minimates news! This thread is for the fans by the fans.

This is wholly unproductive, but I feel like bitching. I expected to have shiney new DC Minimates in my grubby paws by now. Am I mistaken or is the earliest we can see these now June 2007 (according to recent DC Direct solicitations)? What the *blank* gives?

Venting makes me feel better so this thread is not intended to insult any of the hard working folks at AA and DC Direct. BUT COME ON!

Throw us a bone. At least give me a Wonder Woman Minimate by Christmas. That's all I ask. Please.

Glad you feel better :) I think everyone is dissapointed near the brink of quiting minimates.

I've ranted so many times that I'm tired of it :P

I think I was cured that last time I won a huge auction. I may be able to quit cold turkey as soon as I feel like it.

I'm not expecting these DC minis till at least End of January.

Edited

I"m normally pretty chipper and positive about the whole minimate thing but J.L's Right... I'm another who was on the edge of quitting til I realised there wasn't actually anything coming out to quit on....

DC soon would probably go a long way to making me minihappy again but I dont think we'll see them before next year.

I'm not going to even mention to the comments Adam made that allude to either a serious cut back in quality or a price hike...

Maybe a public show of dissatisfaction will make those who are responsible for the delays realise that the longer they leave it the less of an audience they will have when they do release them.

My Preorders for a case of each series have already been cut back to jsut series 1 because of the uncertainty...

T.

Rocky, Kellogs, and Speed Racer aren't the types of Minimates that feed my addiction. I have little nostalgia or interest in those properties. I was pulled into Minimates when I saw Marvel and DC/C3 on the shelves at Tower Records two years ago.

A pile of Cylons? What's the effin point without new Marvel and DC Minimates?

Rocky, Kellogs, and Speed Racer aren't the types of Minimates that feed my addiction. I have little nostalgia or interest in those properties. I was pulled into Minimates when I saw Marvel and DC/C3 on the shelves at Tower Records two years ago.

A pile of Cylons? What's the effin point without new Marvel and DC Minimates?

Better hope a Toaster didn't hear that. :P

Marvel has been the main line with DC comming up second just cause C3 didn't sell all the well till the end. I think the 2-Packs would have at least somewhat rejuvenated my minis interest. I hate that I order three cases of each and got cancelled. While I love my Cylon, I need DC/Marvel to keep me interested as well. I'll be extremely pissed if I don't get Human/regular BSG mates. The others licenses are just filler, sheesh they should have at least releases SF wave 2. If Marvel/DC don't continue, I'm afraid minimates will dye. I can't even have a glimpse of hope for Trek minis going at this pace.

yeah weren't those Trek minimates supposed to come out awhile ago? When was the last time you heard of them lol.

Sadly T's right, the longer you wait the smaller your audience is going to be. People move on to the next hot thing. Granted Minimates have been around for what 4 or so years now, but over a year delay does not help keep them fresh in the customer's mind.

Now give me my minimates!

yeah weren't those Trek minimates supposed to come out awhile ago? When was the last time you heard of them lol.

Chuck was talking about them at SDCC... I think they are looking to get approvals on likenesses etc...

Chuck actually said that there were about 60 2d designs done for trek so they have lots of ideas for when it goes ahead.

T.

Chuck was talking about them at SDCC... I think they are looking to get approvals on likenesses etc...

Chuck actually said that there were about 60 2d designs done for trek so they have lots of ideas for when it goes ahead.

T.

The actual plan is to wait for all the actors to die. It even fits their delay policy! :D

T.

The actual plan is to wait for all the actors to die. It even fits their delay policy! :D

Oddly I think that goes against the License, chuck implied that they couldn't get the people who were dead's aproval so they cant make them (Harry Mudd was the example he used.)

T.

If they can't get dead people's approval, then does that mean no Bones and no Scotty?

Regardless of if or when we see new Star Trek mates, I agree wholeheartedly that this constant delay is getting rediculous! Marvel is what drew me into this whole product. I found a Spidey on ebay and I got it. It wasn't long before I had the whole Marvel line. I got C3, though I was never a big DC fan, because it was still interesting characters. I didn't really like LotR because I didn't think the larger scale translated as well, but I still bought hobbits to support my customs and support AA/DST. Then, things started disappearing from shelves. I couldn't find any minimates. Then, we started getting part reuse in the Marvel line. When they announced Street Fighter as a line, I figured the new sets would get reuses to make up for the new parts for the new figures. But SF never hit stores here. And we got more part reuse in the next wave of Marvel. LotR was dead by now. C3 was dead by now. They aren't in a rush to make new SF. BSG isn't in any particular hurry to come out. DC isn't in any particular hurry to come out. Speed Racer was lower standards and part reuse. And still we wait for Marvel's latest reuse wave. DC was supposed to be the turning of a corner as far as minimates go. Varying sizes for varying characters in the line. More villains, more characters in general. Loads of accessories and new parts. But, instead of coming out and changing the world of minimates, it got delayed like everything else. Rediculous!

What kills me is that they pulled the plug two weeks before the release date. How could they have gotten that close without knowing there was a problem that would require resolicitation? Did a factory burn down? Did a ship sink? Aliens? Dimensional vortex? What?!?

I wonder if the initial solicitation was a "toe in the water" kind of thing to gauge interest, and they never had any intention of releasing them this year.

that is a very good point!!!!

considering we have seen ZERO packaging, hell even packaging concepts.

I honestly dont think we will see these, at all. I am not sure what the production problems are, but I dont see these getting made.

I dont think we will see marvel 12 and 13 either. Too much time has passed.

I'm pretty sure we'll see 2/3 of those Marvel waves, since the fellow on AA's boards said the 4-packs had already shipped, right? Unless he was lying, something should be turning up soon.

He never said specifically that they had shipped. They're known for deceptive speak. I believe all he said, or rather, asked, is if we've seen them in stores yet. Oh, cruel mistress, why do you taunt us so?!

I looked around, and here we have:

and hey, have the 'astonishing xmen' and 'new avengers' 4pks hit TRU yet? they should be in stores pretty quickly now. they shipped close to the speed stuff so keep an eye out for those and keep us posted of course when you see them.

He's definitely saying they "shipped," past tense, so either their appearance in stores is imminent, or he's full of hooey. Not sure if I'd put money on it either way, but there you go.

I don't have much to add to the conversation thread other than I too am pissed I spent so much freakin money on a bunch of mini's that aren't going to be worth the blob left after I melt them down under a magnifying glass and use the plastic sludge to spell out Marvel Sucks. That and I love that someone used the word 'hooey'!

:D