UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are the odds?

Danny

I made a prediction in one of the Marvel threads. I am very confident that we will get Minimates from the Thor movie when it's out. Do you agree? What odds would you give for that happening? 2/1?

And that got me thinking about an idea for a thread. We as a fandom hang on Chuck's every word on the Ask DST Q&As, it would be fun to give odds on certain things happening.

The Alpha Flight boxset that's been rumoured for a while? 4/1 odds?

Kang available in the next year? 10/1?

That Robocop licence Chuck mentions in the latest Q&A? 25-1?

What else would you add, and what odds would you give? Minus points for dragging out DC or Streetfighter though!

5 to 1 that the diorama idea succeeds. I think agree with GH about the Deadpool re-release. Not so confident about Jubilee, though.

Regarding Alpha Flight--edit: just going with 3 to 1 ;)

Edited by karamazov80

MODOK minimate based loosly on the Slimer design- 4-1

Comics Iron Man boxed set - even

Jeanine from GB - 50-1

Lizard - 2-1

Songbird- 3-1

Hydra Agent re-release- 5-1

Falcon - lock

I'd give Robocop beter odds than that. Maybe 5-1. I think if they make a movie it'll be inevitable.

new/re-released Deadpool 2-1

Jubilee (the new Kang?) 2-1

It's the year of Jim Lee X-Men. I'd say 2-1 for Jubilee is good. It's also the year after the world realized that Deadpool is super popular. I'd say 2-1 is conservative.

Robocop: 10-1

Falcon= Even

Fantastic Four Wave = 2-1

Kang = 50-1

SF2 = Possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid belt.

DC = Odds of survival on Hoth after nightfall

2-1: Earth-616 SHIELD agent army builders and a redone fantastic Four

3-1: redos of either Nightcrawler or Iron Fist (or I'll, er, um, eat my ethernet cable?)

3-1: that we'll see the mini-minimate body format elsewhere besides the Father's Day figures (just in case those don't get picked up)

3-1: that the Broadsword minimates will be picked up mostly by Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose fans

4-1: that we get Songbird (and we better!)

10-1: that Elite Heroes succeed (to expand on groundhog karamazov's diorama prediction)

10-1: Wrecking Crew boxset

18-1: well-loved B-list characters like Banshee, Ronan the Accuser and Hellcat

25-1: updated event-related variants of previously-released characters (i.e. Hank Pym as the Wasp, post-Dark Reign Iron Man armor with the pretty pixie lights)

30-1: other well-known cosmic characters like Lilandra, Gladiator or any of the Starjammers

50-1: new or redone Mary Jane minimate (bridal gown variant FTW!)

100-1: the full Inhumans Royal Family in one form or another (Medusa, Crystal and Gorgon? Possible. Maximus and Lockjaw? Less likely but still possible. Karnak and Triton? Not so much.)

And these are all the wacky predictions my mind has cooked up so far. And the weird thing is that I know zilch about how these things actually work!

Edited by NorthRaider

I guess that I'm a sucker for minus points but I wouldn't offer too high odds against getting DC again. Had to say it!

The chances of getting a character whose name starts with a letter 'B' before or during SDCC (Brother Voodoo,Batroc the Leaper,Baron Strucker,Baron Zemo,Banshee ,Blob (comic), Black Knight,Blastaar, Balder.) Evens.

The chances of getting a character whose name starts with a letter 'B' before or during SDCC (Brother Voodoo,Batroc the Leaper,Baron Strucker,Baron Zemo,Banshee ,Blob (comic), Black Knight,Blastaar, Balder.) Evens.

Hoping for a bhm mate maybe with a Bumblebee Barn playset (outdoor bathtub included)?

And NR, I'd go with 1:1 odds on Wrecking Crew. There's too much exposure for them right now not to be done (SW aniversary, MU's releasing figures, they're featured a lot on Superhero Squad, etc). In fact, I'm predicting them to be one of the 4 sets AFX is doing this year for one of the cons. In fact, I'll say SDCC. I'll even go on to say there'll be QC issues with Wrecker's mask not matching up right with some of the figure's eyes and Thunderball's, um, thunderball (?) missing from some of the packs.

Hoping for a bhm mate maybe with a Bumblebee Barn playset (outdoor bathtub included)?

That's strange. Now I feel oddly compelled to go search for a mini-scaled bathtub and build a BHM quick custom. :P

Medicom have already honoured myself, Groundhog & Karamazov80

Do I want to know what order we're in?

And, back on topic, I almost gave 1:1 odds on bhm making bad jokes/puns in this thread. Now I wish I had. Actually, it should have been 1 to 2 odds (a gauranteed bet that he'd make 2 jokes per one post).

Groundhog, my heart really, really wants to be lieve you're right about the Wrecking Crew. My head is fairly certain you need your medication adjusted again. :rolleyes:

5-1 that the lab playset is never released.

I'm sticking to the Marvel license for my guesses:

Falcon: 3-1

Sunfire: 4-1

Lizard: 4-1

Kang: 5-1

Banshee: 6-1

Mr. Sinister: 8-1

Fantastic Four Redo: 10-1

Juggernaut Redo: 10-1

Tigra: 15-1

Black Knight: 15-1

Nightcrawler Redo: 15-1