UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pirates... aaarrrrrr!

I couldn't find a thread just about these... feel free to move this and/or publicly flog me if there is.

So how is the pirate franchise going to work? I haven't found a TF pic yet in which I could read the little release date placard. Are they all being sold in a set with the boat? A four-pack and the boat separate with a the fifth one? Has DST given any info on this at all?

And, is it time to start a new sub-forum for Minimates Max?

Edited by Lobsterman

I couldn't find a thread just about these... feel free to move this and/or publicly flog me if there is.

So how is the pirate franchise going to work? I haven't found a TF pic yet in which I could read the little release date placard. Are they all being sold in a set with the boat? A four-pack and the boat separate with a the fifth one? Has DST given any info on this at all?

And, is it time to start a new sub-forum for Minimates Max?

It makes sense for there to be a seperate thread for this and the other TF licenses.

For now I suspect we're waiting on the end of TF before deciding where they belong, I suspect we'll also need a seperate thread/section for videogame/halo as well.

Well that and our head honcho/site owner lives in NOLA and it's mardi gras there right now... so not much is going to get done until they sober up!!

T.

P.s. Do you think we'll see these pirate mates in "toys-aaaaaaaarrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhha- us" - :D

Too... many... pirate puns...

I can't imagine the pirate line being anything but TRU exclusives. I got/get most of my Marvel, DC, and Ghostbusters minimates from a local comic book shop, but I can't see them ordering non-canonical Pirates. Heh.. heh... CANNONical...

Ah, great, now I'm doing it...

Edited by Goober

I'm looking forward to them myself. Like many geeks I'm big on the whole "Pirates vs Ninjas" rivalry, and after recently ordering some of the custom Ninja mates from Luke's site, I'll need some pirates for them to face off against.

Plus I just love the designs we've seen so far, especally the swashbuckling hero and ghost pirate. Definitly looking forward to adding them to my collection.

You might make me walk the plank here but I don't really like them. The pirates idea is great but I think they've gone too far with the detail and are too busy.

The standout stuff for me this Toy Fair is the SWAT/van and firefighters/chopper in the MAX line, I cannot wait to get my hands on those. I agree that the vast majority of these 2 lines will be TRU exclusives.

they are very detailed for sure very busy but they look great, i personally aim very excited for these, hopefully they will come with tons of extras(guns ,daggers ,swords,scopes,ext.ext.)what a suprise these guys were this weekend

when i saw the pics

Tons of extras is good, of course, but this line also needs more sailors! Right now, all we have are captains. How about some army-building seadogs to back their captain?

The volume of detail and color is amazing and bodes well, as long as they avoid so much sculpting that it interferes with articulation.

Well, with the Pirate mates now, I think they should come out with..............Pirate Deadpool! And his Tugboat, wench and Parrot Hydra Bob!!! C"mon, that is a pretty good idea there.

I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I'm not crazy about what I've seen so far either. They're too.. ornate? And shiny. But there's definitely potential.

Q. Why are pirates called 'pirates' ?

Q. Where are the buccaneers ?

Q. Piratesdelight is a medical condition ....what is it commonly called. ?

A. They just arrrrrrrrr!

A. Tampa Bay

A. Pirate's Delight: A full size cannon, cannon balls, powder keg and ram rod, you have everything needed to man your ship's battle stations. I'd say it means a well endowed man.

I would think a pirates delight would be a woman who's chest wasn't sunken at all... just saying...

it's like the old saying goes "a pirate's ideal women has a large treasure chest and plenty of pirate booty... and maybe a locked crate with something valuable in it"

I completely agree with both of you!