UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pirates... aaarrrrrr!

BHM mentioned the Mega Bloks Pirates line in the Toyfair thread last month and I did remember seeing them at the time and loving the big ships.

Well with the Pirates Minimates line announced, I was in Toys R Us and decided to get this as it was half price:

MBPirateShip1.jpg

Mega Bloks stuff is scaled slightly smaller than Minimates but when the ship's this big, it doesn't make much difference!

MBPirateShip2.jpg

MBPirateShip3.jpg

MBPirateShip4.jpg

MBPirateShip5.jpg

MBPirateShip6.jpg

MBPirateShip7.jpg

MBPirateShip8.jpg

As you can see, it's pretty awesome, and should hopefully be perfect for the Pirates Minimates :)

It was £20, down from £40. I thought that was a hell of a price for the size of the set. BHM, TRU still has some Mega Bloks POTC stuff, none of the ships though. The Kraken is a nice price of £7. Might pick that up next.

It would be very disappointing to invest in all of this pirate paraphernalia only to have DST put the line on ice if there isn't any retailer interest.

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I'm trying hard not to fall in love with these pirate mates, then get my heart broken when they're moved into the "TBD" graveyard...

I did think about that, given DST's awful track record with getting Toyfair reveals to retail but I thought the ship I bought was very good value regardless of whether we get Minimate pirates or not. At the very least I view it as a cool playset for my existing Minimates as you can see from the pics.

What he said !

post-638-1268089157_thumb.jpg

One day I'll get the drift of photography but even this amateurish blur gives you some idea how good these Mega Blok ships are for dioramas ....Dread Eye Phantom & Flying Dutchman are the 'peaches' & rarely go for much more than £20 shipped . Shipped...still makes me smile ;)

Edited by buttheadsmate

I had a 'scene' in mind whereby the whole GB crew were competing with the whole damn Ghost Ship Crew...then they announced the Titanic guy .....gravy.... pure bloody gravy ;)

Other Mega Block 'hidden gems' are the dragons .........they look awesome with Minimates .

The MB figures however suck big time.