UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

First Noob of December!

Hi, my name is Heli and I have a two inch monkey on my back.

When Marvel Minimates first came out, I bought a bunch of them, but then moved back to focus mostly on 6 inch figures and Transformers. I thought I'd broken the tiny clawlike grip of Minimates forever, and then came the Ghostbusters. "It's no big deal," I thought, "I'll just get the team and be done." But then I saw the T2 'mates. And classic Battlestar Galactica. And I finally had to admit it to myself; I was back in.

Unfortunately, while I was gone, I missed out on the first two BTTF sets and, most tragically, the single packed classic Cylons. Well, I guess it was fortunate for my wallet, at least.

I recognize a few names on this board from The Fwoosh, which has been my primary online hangout for quite a while, so hi again to you guys, and hi for the first time to the rest of the board. I'm sure hanging around here will do nothing good for my willpower, but I've been enjoying lurking for a little while and thought I'd peek out of the shadows for an official howdy. So, ah... howdy!

Thanks for the welcomes, guys! From what I've seen, Minimate Multiverse looks like my kinda place.

Welcome aboard Heli, get yourself down to the flea market where there are plenty of deals to be made. ;)

Oh, crap. My wallet curses your name.

Welcome Heli! Any relation to
, by chance?

Maybe a distant cousin, like Stealth Heli. I never see those guys except when they need to borrow money.

Thanks for the welcomes, guys! From what I've seen, Minimate Multiverse looks like my kinda place.

It is better than all other places. . .except the New Orleans Superdome, the stately pleasure dome of Xanadu, and the Thunderdome. Well, that and the Playboy Mansion, of course.

Edited by karamazov80

T42 should be around here any minute now, so have fun.

Well well, aren't WE the psychic today Bob? And as for what he ws talking about, it's just something I subject every newbir to called the T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!!!

That's right, I quote a movie, you name that movie. And your quote is...

"You KNEW me John!"

Well well, aren't WE the psychic today Bob? And as for what he ws talking about, it's just something I subject every newbir to called the T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!!!

"You KNEW me John!"

Despite considering myself a movie guy, I can't place that. It sounds familiar, but I'm drawing a blank. I have failed the MOVIE CHALLENGE!

But wait! I re-challenge YOU! Ha-HA!

"Have a taco."

How 'bout THEM apples?

Edited by Heli

"You KNEW me John!"

Despite considering myself a movie guy, I can't place that. It sounds familiar, but I'm drawing a blank. I have failed the MOVIE CHALLENGE!

But wait! I re-challenge YOU! Ha-HA!

"Have a taco."

How 'bout THEM apples?

Actually I don't know yours. So I propose a trade, I'll tell you mine, you tell me yours. To be fair, this was one of the hardest movie challenges ever.

The answer is The Crucible.

Actually I don't know yours. So I propose a trade, I'll tell you mine, you tell me yours. To be fair, this was one of the hardest movie challenges ever.

The answer is The Crucible.

Well, I guess that's the "vaguely" part of "vaguely familiar;" I think I was in high school the last time I watched The Crucible.

Mine was from The Last Unicorn; it was such a random line that it always stuck with me.

Well met, good sir. I tip my e-hat to you.