UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom QuinJet Work In Progress 2.0

Well as I have stated time and time again, I am an Avengers Fan.

One thing I have always wanted was a QuinJet for my mates...I have been hoping that the Marvel Universe Line would release a 3.75 scale model, that I could use, unfortunately, it doesn't look like that will be happening (any time soon).

Well in my desperation, to find a suitable replacement for my Avengers, I stumbled across this thread from the Fwoosh.

custom quinjet from the fwoosh

Fwoosher princebrent modified a GI Joe Crusader Shuttle into a Marvel Legends QuinJet. He gutted the shuttle and installed a some seats from an alternate playset. However, the figures were basically sardines in a can....Well I thought, you know this looks more minimate scale than ML.

So I watched craigslist and ebay, and finally found a WIP shuttle for under 10 bucks.

I was going to wait to show anything until I had the ship cleaned, primered, and painted...but I wanted to see how the minimates fit into the ship and I couldnt help but show the results. Now please bear in mind, I have not re attached all of the pieces from unpacking it...so there is more to it.

IMG_4227.jpg

from the cockpit

IMG_4228.jpg

inside the hull / cargo area

IMG_4239.jpg

entry via lower hatch

IMG_4237.jpg

anyway, I am going to be working on this in my spare time, and might try to commission some decals..but until then wanted to share my new fun project

Avengers Assemble!

moc847

Edited by murderofcrows

Man, that's cool. The hull shape in close. Canopy is off, but it'd be a complete pain to modify. Really you're looking at a tail fin and some wings and a few coas of piant. Great find, MoC!!

thanks for the comments guys

right now, i am working removing the sticker residue (since the stickers were applied in 1989) it may take a while to strip down. Then I will look for some wings that I can attache to the sides of the shuttle...starting tha hunt this weekend.

N

Banner, to answer your question start by looking for Crusader or Defiant shuttle on ebay. The prices may scare you, but, if you look hard enough you can find a fixer upper for some small change

moc847

Edited by murderofcrows

• 1 year later...