UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 34 images...

battlecat

:) Rhetorical question, but yeah.

Sorry, I don't speak Rhetorical. :blink:

Man, this thread just cant stay on topic can it LOL.

Um... I liked Jim Lee's designs for the most part. I never cared for changing Psylocke, and I've often wondered exactly what 90's superheroes kept in all those pouches, but that X-Men #1 era was one of the higher visibility periods in X-History. And um... war chicks in leather lingerie!

Oh well, I tried.

Edited by Mirymate

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I've often wondered exactly what 90's superheroes kept in all those pouches,

Well my guess is that it was pre Cell(mobile) phones and they needed somewhere to keep all that change for payphones... besides do you have any idea how many parking meters a blackbird jet takes up?

T.

Saying that was a long time ago isn't really a valid argument.

I agree with Turtle that the threat needs to change to stay relevant to the readers, although in the actual 616 "a long time" is hard to come by :P... Since the Stan Lee stuff in the sixties it's been what, maybe ten years, in Marvel time?

and I've often wondered exactly what 90's superheroes kept in all those pouches,

Well my guess is that it was pre Cell(mobile) phones and they needed somewhere to keep all that change for payphones... besides do you have any idea how many parking meters a blackbird jet takes up?

T.

That or Pogs.

I agree with Turtle that the threat needs to change to stay relevant to the readers, although in the actual 616 "a long time" is hard to come by :P... Since the Stan Lee stuff in the sixties it's been what, maybe ten years, in Marvel time?

T.

That or Pogs.

I used to have some badass slammers.

T.

That or Pogs.

I used to have some badass slammers.

It was Pogs for sure. You never know when a bad guy would show up and try to take away all of your sweet slammers. :P

this wave is great it fills a bunch of Jim Lee's designs,mostly all revamps with new cotumes.I put a brown jacket on one of my rouges and Diamonds blows mine out of the water,im very excited to retire mine.ill just keep wishing for a Bishop and nightcrawler update.

Soon we need Mr Sinister,I aim actually suprised he hasnt been made yet, or the mutant brotherhood boys Blob (comic version),Pyro,Avalanch but ill just keep dreaming one wave at a time, this wave is Beutiful in detail i look back just a few waves ago and detail has just gone up and up,great work from DST

Edited by eclipse

The lack of your so wanted Nightcrawler makes me chuckle. ;)

[rattrap] Yeah, keep chucklin', Chompah-Face. Dat little winky ain't gonna keep da toy karma from bitin' yuh on da giant dinobutt! [/rattrap]

[rattrap] Yeah, keep chucklin', Chompah-Face. Dat little winky ain't gonna keep da toy karma from bitin' yuh on da giant dinobutt! [/rattrap]

Not to derail the thread, but man, now you got me wanting Beast Wars minimates! Imagine a Rattrap and Optimus Primal minimate! Oh, man...

The idea that in the Marvel Universe mutants are for some reason feared when there are, like, a billion non-mutants with powers is ridiculous. So why are mutants so feared?

The out of story reason is the mutants-as-racism metaphor. In story, it's pretty much Magneto's fault. Magneto pretty much showed up as the first guy to claim to be a part of a hidden race of humanity, started spouting his mutant superiority speeches, tried to take over a nuclear missile site, and then a whole country. So first impression of mutants-as-threat stuck with people of the 616.

:) Rhetorical question, but yeah. Magneto did that way back when, but a lot has changed both in comics and in reality. My point was more that in order to stay relevant, to be believeable as a "threat" in their world, mutants and the X-Men need to periodically undergo changes. Otherwise, the mutant "threat" would be long gone, or at the very least gone.

A lot of people in THIS reality still seem to think people that have a different physical appearance or belief system or sexual orientation than they do are a threat that should be exterminated, so I don't think the "fear of mutants" rampant in 616 is far-fetched. I'm sure things here would be even worse....

I think the x-Men have always been intended to be read as a metaphor for whichever group in society was being discriminated against for being born "different"

I read once that the highest readership (is that a word) of the X-Men occurs in young men who identify as Black, Jewish or Gay (People who often feel marginalised by mainstream society).

Having the majority of mutants relocate to San Fran where they can feel free & live their lives without fear of persecution mirrors how a lot of GLBTQCQ people still feel.

I'd say that despite the story being started in the mid 60's, the metaphor is still valid today.

i hope not . . . i freaking LOVE the wave 34 line-up!!!!

Me too. This wave is close to perfect, but the only things I would change are

a) remove those lines on the female faces. minimate females look better without them

B) more accessories like a boulder for rogue, a whip for helllfire club gals, psychic blast for 90's Jean, beaker for Beast

c) maybe switch out Selene for Jean as the variant instead and Selene as the normal release

Either way looking forward to this wave. I wonder if the blue on 90's Jean will be pearlescent/metallic? That would send it through the roof. Even the recent MU figure has a metallic sheen to her.

036-1.jpg

035.jpg

Edited by Chronotrigger

• 2 weeks later...

Well i must say, after watching Wolverine and the X-men's season finale "movie" Foresight (in 3 parts), i am really warming up to Selene. Sure, it isn't 100% accurate, but actually seeing her in action "in action" (if ya get that...) was really neat; i like the "psychic vampire" aspect just a little. I also like how they played up the rivalry between her and Emma; no matter who was who, i always thought that the White and Black Queens should "hate" each other, in a yin-yang aspect. Give me the rest of the Hellfire Club/Inner Circle and i'll be *okay* with her...

Oh, and Wolvie and the X-men is really starting to pick up. It's definitely drifted away from it's titular character in the last episodes, and seeing MUCH more out of Jean, Scott, and Emma was fantastic. It's becoming more "X-men-2010" if anything. That being said, Season 2 looks great; three words:

Age.

Of.

Apocalypse. :)

That being said, Season 2 looks great; three words:

Age.

Of.

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD.

*Nessex giggles like a school-girl who's just eaten her body weight in Mentos*

So freaking excited to see how the AOA is treated. It's my favourite cross-over ever.

Maybe the series will spark enough interest to warrant some AOA MiniMates (dare to dream)

PS: Yes, i hope the Black Queens get whips. . . and that Jean gets her rose!

That being said, Season 2 looks great; three words:

Age.

Of.

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD.

*Nessex giggles like a school-girl who's just eaten her body weight in Mentos*

So freaking excited to see how the AOA is treated. It's my favourite cross-over ever.

Maybe the series will spark enough interest to warrant some AOA MiniMates (dare to dream)

PS: Yes, i hope the Black Queens get whips. . . and that Jean gets her rose!

I was actually just looking up Sideshow's 90s Jean Grey statue when i came upon their older Black Queen one (not the new one; the one that looks like Famke), and that is the first thing that caught my eye!! DST forgot her little red rose!! I really hope they fix it; it's gotta be there.

And yea, they showed it at the last minute of Season 1.

Prof X's mind-image congragulates the team on defeating the Phoenix Force (which was lame-Emma died; neat parallel to Endsong, one of my fav comics, though), but says they may have done more damage than good this time. They flash to the future, where Sinister and Cyclops are standing on a glowing pyramind hovering in the sky, both in AoA garb, as the crowd chants for their leader; Apoc. walks onto the platform, and mega-cheering begins!!

It looks fantastic. No more "Wolvie" in the title and we'd be all set. :biggrin:

EDIT: Oh, and watching the clip definitely made me think of how perfect the time would be to get AoA mates. Both Jean and Phoenix, that is. :P Oh, well and AND Sunfire and one-eye Scott. :yes:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face