UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

brick figures

thewatcher

I love kub figures which is your favorite lego, Kubrick and bearbrick, minimates, I-MEN or if you know others

Do you believe that toy2r’s figures and, pocket super heroe from dc direct and the cosbaby from hot toyscan be a brick or this kind of style like the minimates.

Maybe it's just me, but reading this was the internet equivient of listening to a speedfreak on a 3 day bender.

I don't know how you would want to define "brick," but if it means having a square or rectangular torso, then the Cosbabies are close. I don't think the Pocket Super Heroes count, as they had sculpted muscles throughout, and no uniform, LEGO-like torsos. They were really just small, crappy toys.

Of the "brick," LEGO-like figures, however, Minimates are my personal favorite, followed by Kubricks. I'm not a fan of LEGO (for the most part), I-Men, Cosbabies, Palz, or Be@rbricks.

well, let me explain, brick because they are made by regular parts, if you notice, all of those listing items are the same, like the body of a minimate, is the same for almost all the figures whit the variation and diferences from the series, in kubrics is the same and in bearbricks too, like in legos and toy2r figures, in i men figures is the same body for everyone and cosbaybys, from poket super heroes are two types of bodys the male and female.

well, let me explain, brick because they are made by regular parts, if you notice, all of those listing items are the same, like the body of a minimate, is the same for almost all the figures whit the variation and diferences from the series, in kubrics is the same and in bearbricks too, like in legos and toy2r figures, in i men figures is the same body for everyone and cosbaybys, from poket super heroes are two types of bodys the male and female.

Yea, TBT meant the wrong section of the forum, not the wrong board entirely. ;) that's why we have a section devoted to block figures; you placed it in Feedback, Suggestions, and Support. In other words, the not-right place. :P

I'm a minimates guy. Tried Kubricks; didn't like them. I WILL admit that i am gettin into the Qee world, and really want a lot of blank white BearQees to customize. :)

Well, by that logic, Kubricks shouldn't be called "bricks" anymore than, say, DC Universe Classics, in my opinion. Yeah, they pretty much all have the same hands and those wacky feet with the little holes in the top, but some are almost completely unrecognizable as Kubricks apart from that (and some like the Alien Queen, lack even that).

The Disney figures are really good examples. The Nightmare Before Christmas Santa or "Hangman's Tree," for instance.

The DC Universe figures actually use the exact same base body mold, apparently, for 80%+ of their figures, with extra sculpted heads and parts here or there. But, you wouldn't call them "bricks," exactly.

Personally, i think Blammoids are the best brick product out there. They are attractive, reasonably priced & nicely articulated. I'm glad we got these rather than another boring wave of DC MiniMates.

im interesant,this mus be an another topic how can we call them, we are now recognizing thatnis a branch of the action figures, in where ares several types like:

minimate

kubrick

bearbrick

cosbaby

toy2r in all of their versions that are several

lego

i men

poket suer heroes

dunnys?

munnys?

the pont in comon is the same body.

im going to open another new topic to discuss in the right place

but guys im looking among the forums ansis no one there for several types so i believed that this is the right place or what do you sugest

o i for get it

what about playmovil the interesant thing whit them is that they're not inspired in specific characters from the popular culture

Certainly, I think all those types of figures could be of interest to people who come to this forum. The discussion on Mighty Muggs, for instance, was pretty popular for a while, though they have almost nothing in common with Minimates.

I think one thing that does link all of those figures you mention (as well as Mighty Muggs) is that they are exaggerated interpretations of characters, instead of realistic versions. Some more exaggerated or "stylish" than others.

Personally, i think Blammoids are the best brick product out there. They are attractive, reasonably priced & nicely articulated. I'm glad we got these rather than another boring wave of DC MiniMates.

Still not as funny as this guy :lol: :

Gotta' love the bitterness in this thread, right?

Personally, I think these look fun. They're bold, different and have a sense of humour. (In my opinion they're certainly more eye-catching than even the most adventurous Minimate design.) Of course, they are overpriced, but show me a designer-vinyl toy that isn't.

EDIT: Seeing as that guy left the 'verse after that post, he may have been Georg Breuer.

Edited by super spider piggy

Oh, watcher, don't start me on categorizing, we'll be here for hours. ;)

In general, accepted terminologies for the figure you listed would go something like this:

Block Figures

Kubrick, Lego, Minimates, Playmobil (we'll come back to that one in a sec)

Platform Vinyl

Dunny, Bellheadz, Qee, Blammoids

Qee technically aren't made of vinyl, so sometimes they get logged as block figures, but their nature and intent falls under the platform vinyl category.

Pocket Heroes fall in the under-articulated, ugly action figures category.

Playmobil is considered by many to be a block figure because they were the first. By popular account, the success of Playmobil led Lego to develop their Minifig. From there, the two giants have been battling it out.

im going to open another new topic to discuss in the right place

but guys im looking among the forums ansis no one there for several types so i believed that this is the right place or what do you sugest

There is no need to do that, it's fine here! I used my ungodly powers of administration and moved the thread to the correct place already! The block figures section.

The post of mine above was to say that putting it in the Forum Feedback, Suggestions, and Support was the wrong place.

IMO as Cappy says most of the lines you talk about either fall into block or vinyl figure catagories.

T.

Is so interesting the conclusions thaw we're reaching, one specific characteristic of all of this figures is that they are like a canvas, where you can create a character in.

think about it all of them got the same body painted or decored in a diferent way to create the character, i first call them brick figures, but is true that some of them got a lot of things that make them so diferent than block or brick shapes like the grievous kubrick or the others listened before.

so i now we are facing the idea that all of this figures can be a sub branch of the action figures and the commond issue is the same body or the pretention of keep the same body, is so distant when you se the jabba the hutt from kubrik i now but at least got the hands in the same way or try to.

lsitening

block figures

minimates

kubricks

be@rbricks

lego

playmovil

cosbaby

imen

blamoids

poket super heroes???

qees and vinyl