UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity Gauntlet Packaging Pictures

Kamsm8

So on the AA blog today there were packaged pictures of the Infinity Gauntlet boxed set.

infinitygauntlet.jpg

infinitygauntlet_side.jpg

In package, I must say that the set looks very appealing. While not a big fan of that part, it'd be nice if they produced some more Cosmic Marvel characters to flesh out this set.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know much about the comic series but I'm well impressed with this set. Thanos is a nice update from the original and 3 other figures that may in no other way would have been produced.

Mephisto is featuring in a few on going marvel stories at the moment so good to get him.

Drax no idea who he is but he does remind me of the Invaders character The Destroyer, I think its the collar.

Adam Warlock again no real idea but I do remember reading some of his comics back when I was a kid and being totally confused and the art being real trippy and spacey. I do know he got sucked into the gem on his head or something

Wow!! Some of AA's best packaging by far, in my opinion. I'm really digging the nostalgic, 80s feel to the set, with the "round-cornered" square windows, purple, and Infinity Gauntlet title. Spidey atop, on the other hand, is fairly distracting...

While i haven't read Gauntlet or much cosmic Marvel in general, i plan on getting this one; i love Thanos as an idea, Mephisto is worth the buy just for having the Devil, Drax is an okay design, and i kind of enjoy Adam Warlock from what i do know of him. I'll get it.

Drax no idea who he is but he does remind me of the Invaders character The Destroyer, I think its the collar.

I know very little of Drax except he now looks a lot like Kratos, that in the Silver Surfer cartoon he had a robot skull under his face (come on cool decal under that slip off mask) and that he's called "Drax the Destroyer"

So I looked it up to see "the Destroyer" was Drax, and it looks like there's two other Drax-looking Destroyers (one's kinda skrullish looking in black and red with a skull on his chest, the other is Draxy looking up grey and red) both of them having more ties to WW2 then Drax.... also there's the Thor villain that Thor-Buster Iron Man is based on.

... point is I learned something new today, and that all these Destroyers look awesome... so need a "Destroyer 4-pack" with the Skrully looking one, the Grey/Red Draxy one, Kratos Drax, and Thor villain Destroyer (who's parts can be repainted for a Thor Buster Iron Man for a TRU pack or something)

personally huge fan of Infinity Gauntlet and the packaging is great they did them justice and there so rich in color the four togeather cant wait verey excited

I'm a huge Cosmic Marvel fan and am really looking forward to this set. This is the internets though, so I need to complain about something. I would rather have gotten a modern Drax in a two pack with Ronan the Accuser and have the old version swapped out for maybe Nova (the herald), Nebula, Death or some other I.G. notable.

Will definitely purchase that box set. Last Wonder Con I went to I picked all three hardcovers for Annihilation. And would love more of the space characters made in minimate form. I'm hoping for a Ronan the Accuser.

Although I do love the idea of getting a Mephisto mate (ala Mr. Arnim), I honestly would have preffered either Pip the Troll or Moondragon to round out the set.

Or they could have even make a set of the characters that Thanos got the gems from. Grandmaster, Runner, Gardner, Collector, Champion of the Universe. I think that would have been pretty cool too.

• 2 weeks later...

Borrowed from the Headquarters (hope you don't mind, drgnbrn):

Minimate Release Dates

Periodically, the boys and girls over at the Art Asylum website will post the latest news on release dates for their products. We here at Minimate Headquarters, always thinking of the community (and looking to do as little actual work as possible), kindly update our own posting of when you can expect the latest and greatest Minimate products.

Updated October 28th, 2009

NOVEMBER 2009

11/18/09

Marvel Minimates Infinity Gauntlet Box Set

11/25/09

Ghostbusters Minimates PX Glow in the Dark Slimer & Ray Two-Pack

Ghostbusters Minimates Series 2 Box Set

Marvel Minimates Series 29 Set

Marvel Minimates Series 30 Set

Terminator 2 Minimates Series 2 Asst

Looks to be so, since next week is the 18th. It'll probably be pushed back though.

EDIT: Damn!!! The 25th SUCKS!!!!!!! Do any of us have that kind of money to blow all at once??

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Updated October 28th, 2009

NOVEMBER 2009

11/18/09

Marvel Minimates Infinity Gauntlet Box Set

11/25/09

Ghostbusters Minimates PX Glow in the Dark Slimer & Ray Two-Pack

Ghostbusters Minimates Series 2 Box Set

Marvel Minimates Series 29 Set

Marvel Minimates Series 30 Set

Terminator 2 Minimates Series 2 Asst

Looks to be so, since next week is the 18th. It'll probably be pushed back though.

EDIT: Damn!!! The 25th SUCKS!!!!!!! Do any of us have that kind of money to blow all at once??

Nice, can't wait to get my hands on this set. I really wanna know what's under the mask Drax has on, since as pointed out it's a reuse of the wave 25 IM.

Man, you just gotta' pace yourself, TTF. That's what I do, i just get the ones I want most/know are harder to find first, and get the rest later. There are no rules saying you gotta' buy all at once, they will still be there later. But I can't blame you for wanting those mates, wave 29/30 are fantastic. DST really went allout on them.

Besides, isn't Christmas coming up soon anyways? :D

ps: anyone else a bit dissapointed with the lack of the Black Panthers claws? but this problem should be easily fixed by using T-Bolts venoms hands.

... it'd be nice if they produced some more Cosmic Marvel characters to flesh out this set.

Having spent this weekend re-reading Guardians of the Galaxy, I couldn't agree more. I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd love to see an updated Adam and Drax at some point. Wouldn't mind seeing Quasar as well.

I wasn't planning on getting this set but after this weekend my interest has been peaked. I'm hoping Adam will come with some kind of magic/energy blast to go over his hands (like Wanda had), and it would be great if Drax had his knives though I realise it's more an addition to the newer incarnation.

Nice, can't wait to get my hands on this set. I really wanna know what's under the mask Drax has on, since as pointed out it's a reuse of the wave 25 IM.

I'm really looking forward to this set. I'm hoping that we get the modern Drax under the classic Drax mask.

... it'd be nice if they produced some more Cosmic Marvel characters to flesh out this set.

Having spent this weekend re-reading Guardians of the Galaxy, I couldn't agree more. I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd love to see an updated Adam and Drax at some point. Wouldn't mind seeing Quasar as well.

I think Id rather get some other cosmic types before updates of character we havent even gotten yet. Terrax, Nova (Frankie), The Collector, Starfox, Quasar... How about a Guardians of the Galaxy box with Bug, Mantis, Rocket Raccoon and Starlord or Wraith.

Edited by Rheul