UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New green lantern casting news

entertheninja!

Strong as Sinestro...

Well personally I did not like him in Holmes. I thought he was a VERY weak performance as a very weak adversary. He never once came off as all that SMARTER than Holmes (which he wasn't. But usually the villain has to have SOME sort of advantage. I guess "Magic" counts...) and he did some truly horrible Villainous Monologues in that film. So... we'll see.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go check out collider.com to see that another casting rumors come out and apparently it's mark strong as the villain. Strong was the villain in 2009's Sherlock Holmes

That is supposedly the guy in my post above (if google search is telling the truth. . .WHICH IT ALWAYS DOES). I saw Stardust, but honestly don't remember who that guy was. I guess one of those brothers who wanted to be King or whatever it was.

I think that it's awesome that Martin Campbell is against JEH as Sinestro it shows that he wants to make a good movie and is not interested in stunt casting. I also think that Mark Strong would be good as Sinestro. I love Stardust it's a very underrated movie.

This was on CHUD today.

Today director Martin Campbell told me that what people will like best about Hal Jordan is that he is '[t]he hotshot military guy who is slightly fucked up. He screws up a bit. He may be a hotshot as a pilot, but he also has chinks in his armor, which is what makes him interesting. In fact if anybody should not be chosen as Green Lantern, it would have been Hal Jordan. That's the journey that film takes, about somebody who on the surface of it is the least likely candidate to become one of the greatest Green Lanterns.'

Well, that's encouraging if nothing else. At least the director has a firm grip on the character. Now if the stuido can just support and encourage, not demand and micromanage... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• 1 month later...

Ah but will they affectionatly reffer to Tom only as "Pie Face" like they did in the 60's? (still hard to imagine that went on as long as it did, what was it, the late 80's before they stopped?)

Ah but will they affectionatly reffer to Tom only as "Pie Face" like they did in the 60's? (still hard to imagine that went on as long as it did, what was it, the late 80's before they stopped?)

If it happens at all I'm sure it will be in passing.

If i recall correctly, the latest was earlier this year. Just read the Secret Origin trade a few weeks ago (reading them in order), and even though it's supposed to take place some many years ago, i'm shocked Geoff got away with it. :blink:

If i recall correctly, the latest was earlier this year. Just read the Secret Origin trade a few weeks ago (reading them in order), and even though it's supposed to take place some many years ago, i'm shocked Geoff got away with it. :blink:

It was the way he used it that let him get away with it. He made it clear that it was a derogatory term used by one of the other pilots.

In case anyone is interested, Green Lantern filming is being done here in New Orleans. In fact, very near me. Attached is a notice sent to local businesses about filming. Some geek goodness...

glnotice.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

This is an expensive move. In an effects heavy movie. That tells me that they will be limiting the time in the uniform, and probably limiting the number of GLC's with speaking parts. The later is not neccessarily a bad thing, as this could give them more time to develop Hal, Tom, Carol, and Sinestro as characters.

This is an expensive move. In an effects heavy movie. That tells me that they will be limiting the time in the uniform, and probably limiting the number of GLC's with speaking parts. The later is not neccessarily a bad thing, as this could give them more time to develop Hal, Tom, Carol, and Sinestro as characters.

This could be seen as a positive sign because this alone makes it apparent that WB have opened up their wallet to the filmmakers and I don't think that it is going to limit the time that we see Hal in the suit or other GLs as the latter will mostly be CG anyway right?